Eagles vs Bucs in First Round of Playoffs - SUN, JAN 16 1pm (FOX)

time2rock

24 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

This is exactly right and it's the mentality the Eagles should have in this game.  Underdogs, playing with house money, nothing to lose.  The coaches need to get this team LOOSE for this game.  Be aggressive on BOTH sides of the ball, especially defense.  

If Gannon comes out with his typical soft game plan in the first half and Brady just shreds us with no-name receivers, that will be disgraceful (and also on par with what we've seen this season).  

Gannon needs to find his balls. He sticks with last week’s philosophy, the GOAT is gonna drop 40+ easy. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Gannon can't wait until the 3rd quarter to get his D playing. They need to play 4 quarters, which they never can do. Brady vs Gannon's D? This could get very ugly very quickly. Gannon can redeem himself here, but I doubt it. The offense doesn't worry me, but the D decides whether they are one and done. I have zero faith Gannon can stop Brady. I have zero faith in Gannon against a + .500 team, period. 

I'll be back to eat the crow should the D perform a miracle and the Eagles win. Hell, I'll eat the crow if the D plays great and the offense loses the game.

I really need to see some growth from Gannon here.

Schwartz (Super Bowl apart) was always great in the playoffs. 

I appreciate this isn’t the most talented D in the league, but it can’t be that soft zone that Brady has been tearing apart for years. 

Get Slay on Evans, double team Gronk and be aggressive with the other no name receivers. If we get beaten for a long TD or two, then so be it, but don’t let Brady control the game and clock.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, weko said:

I'm going

Nice.  I'm leaving Tampa today smh.  If the NFL didn't extend the season this year I could've made the game. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So it is the Bucs. Bring it on. It could be ugly but I think this may be our best chance other than the Cards. It's a shorter trip so that helps but it is Brady.

Let’s be honest here. The Eagles are upstarts and underdogs to whoever they face this post season. They lack overall talent and experience. I want to see them compete and fight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eagles lost to Tampa 28-22 in Week 6. Let's see if they can stop our running game. Go Eagles!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Gannon needs to find his balls. He sticks with last week’s philosophy, the GOAT is gonna drop 40+ easy. 

Yes.  Will have to mix it up and take a few chances too.

Bucs are depleted of pass-catchers, Brady is old, and Fournette is coming off injury. Their strength is on the D-line, but we have the kind of depth at RB and a dynamic edge in the run game with Hurts that I think could possibly overwhelm and wear down their front. Their passing defense is the weak link on that team, and if Hurts is able to buy some time with smart scrambles, we could have some success downfield. They also have the advantage of having tape on them from playing earlier in the year, and they played them close. This game will be close, too, and the Eagles will definitely have a chance to get the win if they play their cards right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Bucs are depleted of pass-catchers, Brady is old, and Fournette is coming off injury. Their strength is on the D-line, but we have the kind of depth at RB and a dynamic edge in the run game with Hurts that I think could possibly overwhelm and wear down their front. Their passing defense is the weak link on that team, and if Hurts is able to buy some time with smart scrambles, we could have some success downfield. They also have the advantage of having tape on them from playing earlier in the year, and they played them close. This game will be close, too, and the Eagles will definitely have a change to get the win if they play their cards right.

I agree. This game is not unwinnable.  It'll be tough for sure, but I think we have a puncher's chance. Gannon's approach, to me, will be the biggest deciding factor.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree. This game is not unwinnable.  It'll be tough for sure, but I think we have a puncher's chance. Gannon's approach, to me, will be the biggest deciding factor.

I think sustaining drives, and not settling for field goals will be the deciding factor.  Eagles have to win TOP and be perfect in the redzone.

Just now, downundermike said:

I think sustaining drives, and not settling for field goals will be the deciding factor.  Eagles have to win TOP and be perfect in the redzone.

Saints beat them 9-0.  It's all about pressuring Brady up the middle, and making sure Evans and Gronk are bracketed IMO.

• Like 3

Heavy dose of running, and they need to BRING PRESSURE on defense. Gannon needs to dial it up from the opening snap, not wait until halftime. 

I get that Brady can beat the blitz, but if they sit back in coverage he’ll pick them apart. Gotta get to him, and hopefully being down a couple receivers means he has to hold onto the ball just a split second longer for the pressure to get home. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

Saints beat them 9-0.  It's all about pressuring Brady up the middle, and making sure Evans and Gronk are bracketed IMO.

Yep. Can’t just rely on the front four though. Gannon needs to get creative and bring some blitzes. I think Avery could be a key player in this one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Heavy dose of running, and they need to BRING PRESSURE on defense. Gannon needs to dial it up from the opening snap, not wait until halftime. 

I get that Brady can beat the blitz, but if they sit back in coverage he’ll pick them apart. Gotta get to him, and hopefully being down a couple receivers means he has to hold onto the ball just a split second longer for the pressure to get home. 

Yep. Can’t just rely on the front four though. Gannon needs to get creative and bring some blitzes. I think Avery could be a key player in this one. 

Agreed. Need to let Cox and Hargrave attack the middle of the O-line and bring someone in behind them.

The Bucs have a really good run D, I think. Top 5 or so.

To be honest, I didn't like any of the possible Wild Card matchups. Eagles are one dimensional on Offense, can't beat a good QB, and on D are just meh, too passive, to non-talented. With that said, I think the Eagles are building something good and I hope the playoff experience  can be valuable to the team in some way.

:Eagle_smiley:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

The Bucs have a really good run D, I think. Top 5 or so.

To be honest, I didn't like any of the possible Wild Card matchups. Eagles are one dimensional on Offense, can't beat a good QB, and on D are just meh, too passive, to non-talented. With that said, I think the Eagles are building something good and I hope the playoff experience  can be valuable to the team in some way.

:Eagle_smiley:

Like I said earlier, it's house money. Nobody expects them to win. Just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Not gonna win like that in the playoffs.  13 total playoff games last year, so 26 offenses, only 7 scored less than 20 points.  Only 1 team won a game scoring less than 20.  You have to score in the playoffs to win.  

Bucs were top 10 in yards and points allowed last year, and gave up 23, 20 and 26 points against the NFC teams they faced in the playoffs.  You have to score 24 points at a minimum to win in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not gonna win like that in the playoffs.  13 total playoff games last year, so 26 offenses, only 7 scored less than 20 points.  Only 1 team won a game scoring less than 20.  You have to score in the playoffs to win.  

Bucs were top 10 in yards and points allowed last year, and gave up 23, 20 and 26 points against the NFC teams they faced in the playoffs.  You have to score 24 points at a minimum to win in the playoffs.

I'm saying we'll get points. I'm more confident in that then I am in them being able to hold down Brady.

Going to have to dominate at the LOS on both sides of the ball and be patient on offense. Grind it out and take your shots. Sustain drives to control the clock. Brady is going to be Brady - there's nothing he hasn't seen before. Going to come down to desire on the part of our defensive line and a superhuman effort by our LBs and secondary. Hoping for a good show, but realistically thinking 27-20 Bucs. 

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'm saying we'll get points. I'm more confident in that then I am in them being able to hold down Brady.

My biggest takeaway from the first game is how quickly Brady diagnoses what the defense is doing.  Fournette had 6 catches for 46 yards.  I remember Brady taking a 3 step drop and the ball was out to Fournette immediately.  He took away the defensive line's ability to get pressure.

Just now, downundermike said:

My biggest takeaway from the first game is how quickly Brady diagnoses what the defense is doing.  Fournette had 6 catches for 46 yards.  I remember Brady taking a 3 step drop and the ball was out to Fournette immediately.  He took away the defensive line's ability to get pressure.

Yeah I agree. He's the GOAT for a reason. It's going to take multiple guys playing the game of their lives on D to pull out a win. If they lose, I'm still proud of their year. BUT if they pull off the upset, we'll be talking about it forever!

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yeah I agree. He's the GOAT for a reason. It's going to take multiple guys playing the game of their lives on D to pull out a win. If they lose, I'm still proud of their year. BUT if they pull off the upset, we'll be talking about it forever!

I agree the defense needs to ball out, but after the opening TD in the first game, the Eagles went 15 plays for 38 yards to finish the half.  Four 3 and outs and 3 plays then a turnover.  Offense has to help, letting Brady have the ball for 21 minutes in the first half, and 40 minutes total is not gonna work.  Offense has to win TOP to have a chance.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I agree the defense needs to ball out, but after the opening TD in the first game, the Eagles went 15 plays for 38 yards to finish the half.  Four 3 and outs and 3 plays then a turnover.  Offense has to help, letting Brady have the ball for 21 minutes in the first half, and 40 minutes total is not gonna work.  Offense has to win TOP to have a chance.

I agree.  Ball control is huge in this game. Establish the run early, play action, and defense needs the game of their lives.  There. Easy peasy. #strategery

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Like I said earlier, it's house money. Nobody expects them to win. Just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

Yep, can't come back for another go next week.

Hope the Eagles can hit Brady all day long.

Just go for it.

10 minutes ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Yep, can't come back for another go next week.

Hope the Eagles can hit Brady all day long.

Just go for it.

I'd be blitzing 2 out of every 3 downs. Why the F not? Corner blitzes, safety blitzes...hell, let Fing Swoop blitz.

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'd be blitzing 2 out of every 3 downs. Why the F not? Corner blitzes, safety blitzes...hell, let Fing Swoop blitz.

@Swoop looks like you are gonna be active for the game on Sunday.  How's your conditioning ??