Any QBs on this list you'd be excited to see in Eagles Green on Sundays?

Uscg-green

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hide contents

5edbcbpvote01.jpg

At this point id love that. He could be a great bridge until we draft and have a franchise QB ready to go. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

At this point id love that. He could be a great bridge until we draft and have a franchise QB ready to go. 

I don't know if he could 're-capture' any of the old magic, but I want him to finish his career in Midnight/Kelly Green. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Didn’t look closely at the list, but I’m saying yes anyway. 

The two most "talented" are probably Bridgewater or Winston. 

Looked at the list and... That's an awful list. If it's roll with Hurts or go with one of those then I'll roll with Hurts thanks. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Any QBs on this list you'd be excited to see in Eagles Green on Sundays?

Anyone on the list not named Jalen Hurts

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Anyone on the list not named Jalen Hurts

Oh agreed. But it's not a really exciting list either. We need a bridge QB until we can draft and prepare a new franchise QB. Maybe Bridgewater?

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Oh agreed. But it's not a really exciting list either. We need a bridge QB until we can draft and prepare a new franchise QB. Maybe Bridgewater?

If we are going for a bridge QB then the logical move is one who can play in a more conventional nfl system. So one who's a pocket passer. And to be honest on that basis I'd probably rather go with Minshew. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If we are going for a bridge QB then the logical move is one who can play in a more conventional nfl system. So one who's a pocket passer. And to be honest on that basis I'd probably rather go with Minshew. 

I'm trying not to get drawn to the name Winston. That's the strongest arm on the list. The downside is it goes to the other team half the time. I like Minshew too but I don't think he's gonna get a fair chance for some reason. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I'm trying not to get drawn to the name Winston. That's the strongest arm on the list. The downside is it goes to the other team half the time. I like Minshew too but I don't think he's gonna get a fair chance for some reason. 

Winston is a huge no no. You can't run a conventional offense when the QB is throwing it to the other team so much. 

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Winston is a huge no no. You can't run a conventional offense when the QB is throwing it to the other team so much. 

I'm ready to just say bring back the guy we have a statue of for a year or two. 

• Like 1

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I'm ready to just say bring back the guy we have a statue of for a year or two. 

I'm not ready to say that. Far from it. 

53 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

The two most "talented" are probably Bridgewater or Winston. 

Neither excites me per se, but if we’re going to have a stop gap, I want someone who’s a better passer than Hurts who can at least play some benefit to any receiver’s development. 

• Like 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Neither excites me per se, but if we’re going to have a stop gap, I want someone who’s a better passer than Hurts who can at least play some benefit to any receiver’s development. 

I think we have that on the roster already. But something tells me he's not going to get a chance..

• Like 1

I think we have that on the roster already. But something tells me he's not going to get a chance..

You might be right. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Uh, that's Hurts.  He's on a rookie deal and is not nearly as bad as some of you make him out to be.  He's not the long-term answer but you want washed up QB free agents?  Hurts and Minshew are better options

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Uh, that's Hurts.  He's on a rookie deal and is not nearly as bad as some of you make him out to be.  He's not the long-term answer but you want washed up QB free agents?  Hurts and Minshew are better options

I want a QB that can actually throw the ball. Even a bridge. Not a RB with a noodle arm.

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not a single one of them.  

I hope Minshew gets to compete. Should be open competition. 

I want a QB that can actually throw the ball. Even a bridge. Not a RB with a noodle arm.

You'd be paying significantly more for one of those vets compared to what Hurts is being paid to serve as a bridge.  The focus this offseason should be 100% on building the rest of the roster around the QB with the best talent possible (draft and free agency).  Eating up a larger chunk of cap on a bridge QB IMO would be somewhat foolish when you can better spend that $ on say someone like S Marcus Williams or WR DJ Chark or Allen Robinson.  

What some of you need to realize is, even with an ELITE QB we aren't going to compete in 2022 yet because of the limitations with the rest of the roster.  So need to be patient and do this the right way.  Focus on QB in 2023 when we will have better options (draft) and hopefully a stronger all around roster.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

What some of you need to realize is, even with an ELITE QB we aren't going to compete in 2022

I dunno. We made the playoffs with complete crap at QB. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I dunno. We made the playoffs with complete crap at QB. 

No pass rush, no LBs, aging secondary (where 3/4 are going to be free agents in a month), one WR ... 

• Like 3