Any QBs on this list you'd be excited to see in Eagles Green on Sundays?

Uscg-green

I thought Chase Daniel had very good mechanics when he was here. Thought he actually looked like the best QB on the roster at the time. That being said, I'd pass on everyone on that list. 

8 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

It worked, and will continue to work in 2022 and 2023.  I see no reason why the Eagles wouldn't do as well or better in 2022. 

Need
1)  add first round picks on defense
2) a great running back if available

Also
1)  a better version of JJAW,  or someone who is SE or TE size to play End.
2)  someone to take snaps at Fullback.   Like a Fullback, or not.  The Ravens have a 300 pound FB who was only a DT until the Ravens trained him to be a FB.

The first 2 might be expensive and the other 2, not.

In a passing league? Bud the Bucs showed exactly how you stop the Eagles offense. You stop the run and in doing so you stop Hurts. It's been the same with the Ravens since they drafted Jackson. It isn't the way to win the big games. 

• Like 2

Repeating the run first offensive scheme for next year would be a complete waste, we already know how far that kind of scheme can take us, ie, not very far.

I'd rather they force Hurts to start throwing a lot more, I'd rather we lose games and see just how good/bad Hurts is as a passer. 

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well you need more at WR for whoever is QB starting in 2023 …. whether that is Hurts after showing significant improvement over the 2022 season or someone new right?  

There is plently of time in that case

13 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Hurts should be the starter.

Run first offense with running QBs.

Minshew and Sinnett can go.

The other 2 spots can be filled from this list or the draft/udfa.

From this FA list,  I'll take other running QBs who can do basically what Hurts can do, and not someone who can't run.

Cam Newton,  Tyrod Taylor,  Marcus Mariota are the 3 I like from that list.

From the draft list,  I like Malik Willis and D'eriq King.

D'eriq King is a midget coming off shoulder surgery who wouldn't get his starting job at Miami back anyway if his eligibility wasn't up. Even his mom wouldn't draft him.

7 hours ago, JohnB said:

I thought Chase Daniel had very good mechanics when he was here. Thought he actually looked like the best QB on the roster at the time. That being said, I'd pass on everyone on that list. 

Seriously? Daniel was abysmal here. 

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I wouldn’t hate bringing in Derek Carr…

48 minutes ago, Vlad67 said:

There is plently of time in that case

I really just want to use a slow, methodical approach to building this roster.  Taking a shortcut like dealing a truckload of high picks for a QB like Wilson or Rodgers and then also committing a large chunk of our cap in the process is only going to set us back even further.  The approach should be to use those picks wisely and add as much top end talent possible (regardless of pretty much any position) - this team needs young playmakers on cheap rookie contracts and to spend wisely in free agency.  Avoid the Kerrigans who have little left in the tank and lead to spreading bonus money over future dummy years because of the cap situation and rather add younger players that can become part of a core moving forward (like we did with McLeod in 2016, for example).  

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Jameis is an instant upgrade.

Ehhh… yes but the interceptions are a problem. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

So isn't having no possibility of a passing game and being one dimensional offensively..

Pick your poison.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I really just want to use a slow, methodical approach to building this roster.  Taking a shortcut like dealing a truckload of high picks for a QB like Wilson or Rodgers and then also committing a large chunk of our cap in the process is only going to set us back even further.  The approach should be to use those picks wisely and add as much top end talent possible (regardless of pretty much any position) - this team needs young playmakers on cheap rookie contracts and to spend wisely in free agency.  Avoid the Kerrigans who have little left in the tank and lead to spreading bonus money over future dummy years because of the cap situation and rather add younger players that can become part of a core moving forward (like we did with McLeod in 2016, for example).  

20 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

15 minutes ago, nipples said:

Lol - Winston who has had 6 seasons as a starter and managed to get to the playoffs a whole 0 times? Soon as the Bucs got rid of him they won the Super Bowl. 

Absolutely no reason to bring in Winston apart from irrational Hurts hate.

Minshew is cheaper than everyone on this list and better than most of them. You want a bridge QB other than Hurts - Minshew is the only choice that makes sense. 

28 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So isn't having no possibility of a passing game and being one dimensional offensively..

Pick your poison.

My preference would be neither. But given the options, I’d rather just stick with Hurts for another year, flip one of this year’s first rounders for a first next year so they have the ammo to move up and draft a QB in 2023 if need be. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Lol - Winston who has had 6 seasons as a starter and managed to get to the playoffs a whole 0 times? Soon as the Bucs got rid of him they won the Super Bowl. 

Absolutely no reason to bring in Winston apart from irrational Hurts hate.

Minshew is cheaper than everyone on this list and better than most of them. You want a bridge QB other than Hurts - Minshew is the only choice that makes sense. 

Come on dude, Tampa didn’t just win the super bowl because Winston left. Had they signed just any average QB to replace him they wouldn’t have done crap. They won because they signed Brady and he brought reinforcements like Gronk and AB with him. 

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

My preference would be neither. But given the options, I’d rather just stick with Hurts for another year, flip one of this year’s first rounders for a first next year so they have the ammo to move up and draft a QB in 2023 if need be. 

Neither is my preferred option, as well.  I don't see flipping picks to next year hoping that everything aligns to get a QB.  That's too risky versus riding with Hurts this year (use FA to get a better QB next year) and using this year's picks for quality starters this year.  

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Come on dude, Tampa didn’t just win the super bowl because Winston left. Had they signed just any average QB to replace him they wouldn’t have done crap. They won because they signed Brady and he brought reinforcements like Gronk and AB with him. 

Fair enough - I over played it a bit, but also remember it was during a pandemic so Brady didn’t have a lot of time with his receivers.

Point is that Bucs team was talented prior to Brady and he couldn’t get them to the playoffs, so there is very little chance he could make us competitive, particularly as he would cost around 10 million of cap space

8 minutes ago, nipples said:

It's more fun to be irrational about Tampa....just like it's irrational to ignore Hurts' development (lack of) at Alabama, OU, and now the NFL.  There must be something in the water across the pond.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Seriously? Daniel was abysmal here. 

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I wouldn’t hate bringing in Derek Carr…

Derek Carr would be a fantastic option, however, I don't think we offer him a chance to win right away and he's been in the league long enough to want to go deep in the playoffs, Under the normal format, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Did we even beat a team in the regular season that made the playoffs?

21 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I want a QB that can actually throw the ball. Even a bridge. Not a RB with a noodle arm.

So you prefer the QB behind him who also has a noodle arm, yet can't run? 

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Derek Carr would be a fantastic option, however, I don't think we offer him a chance to win right away and he's been in the league long enough to want to go deep in the playoffs, Under the normal format, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Did we even beat a team in the regular season that made the playoffs?

Nope. 

2 hours ago, MF POON said:

So you prefer the QB behind him who also has a noodle arm, yet can't run? 

Minshew has a better arm. But how about we draft a franchise QB?

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Until he throws 5 INT's in a game or 13 over 3 games.....................again. 

On 2/2/2022 at 12:48 PM, Uscg-green said:

The two most "talented" are probably Bridgewater or Winston. 

Mariota for me, Teddy has a noodle arm and Winston has scrambled brains.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Mariota for me, Teddy has a noodle arm and Winston has scrambled brains.

Mariota isn't a particularly good passer though. 

2 hours ago, What The F said:

Until he throws 5 INT's in a game or 13 over 3 games.....................again. 

True.  We never have to worry about that with Hurts.  Siri won't let him pass.

• Like 1