Any QBs on this list you'd be excited to see in Eagles Green on Sundays?

Uscg-green

14 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I dunno. We made the playoffs with complete crap at QB. 

The problem with this thinking is that we won't be going into next year with the same team.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

You'd be paying significantly more for one of those vets compared to what Hurts is being paid to serve as a bridge.  The focus this offseason should be 100% on building the rest of the roster around the QB with the best talent possible (draft and free agency).  Eating up a larger chunk of cap on a bridge QB IMO would be somewhat foolish when you can better spend that $ on say someone like S Marcus Williams or WR DJ Chark or Allen Robinson.  

What some of you need to realize is, even with an ELITE QB we aren't going to compete in 2022 yet because of the limitations with the rest of the roster.  So need to be patient and do this the right way.  Focus on QB in 2023 when we will have better options (draft) and hopefully a stronger all around roster.   

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

No pass rush, no LBs, aging secondary (where 3/4 are going to be free agents in a month), one WR ... 

I don't know why people don't get this. The team is fundamentally flawed. We have gaping holes at WR2, CB2 and Safety (both spots). We have pretty much no talent under 30 on D (Hargrave is very good, Sweat is solid and Williams showed some promise as a 3rd rounder, but apart from that......)

I personally don't think Rodgers and Wilson would come here, because they would know the roster isn't good enough. I don't think they will leave Green Bay or Seattle anyway. Watson might come here, but moral reasons aside (I want no part of him), he's shown he can't get it done with a poor roster.

We need our cap space and draft picks to build a talented young core. Otherwise it doesn't matter how good the QB is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

We need our cap space and draft picks to build a talented young core

None of the QBs on that list are going to cost very much. 

57 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

None of the QBs on that list are going to cost very much. 

None of them are obvious upgrades on Hurts. And those that you argue might be will be at least 7-8 million. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

At this point id love that. He could be a great bridge until we draft and have a franchise QB ready to go. 

Why the heck not? At least he would help the WR develop having a real QB who could throw. Trade the stash and the RB, draft Strong, sign Nick. The end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

No pass rush, no LBs, aging secondary (where 3/4 are going to be free agents in a month), one WR ... 

We don't need more than one WR...our QB can't see him anyway

10 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Why the heck not? At least he would help the WR develop having a real QB who could throw. Trade the stash and the RB, draft Strong, sign Nick. The end.

Exactly. Can you think of a better mentor or role model for a Rookie QB 

24 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

13 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Exactly. Can you think of a better mentor or role model for a Rookie QB 

Remember what happened the last time BDN mentored a Carson, I do

Super Bowl 2018: Illegal formation doesn't apply to Nick Foles TD vs.  Patriots - SBNation.com

Nick Foles GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Looked at the list and... That's an awful list. If it's roll with Hurts or go with one of those then I'll roll with Hurts thanks. 

Hurts should be the starter.

Run first offense with running QBs.

Minshew and Sinnett can go.

The other 2 spots can be filled from this list or the draft/udfa.

From this FA list,  I'll take other running QBs who can do basically what Hurts can do, and not someone who can't run.

Cam Newton,  Tyrod Taylor,  Marcus Mariota are the 3 I like from that list.

From the draft list,  I like Malik Willis and D'eriq King.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I dunno. We made the playoffs with complete crap at QB. 

and the year before the Eagles won 4 games with a QB making $30 Million.

Hurts led QBs in rushing yards.

You don't care about rushing yards, but the Eagles won with the QB doing great on the ground running.  Playoffs.

So, not crap.  Playoffs.  You're wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

And why is that exactly?

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

None of them are obvious upgrades on Hurts. And those that you argue might be will be at least 7-8 million. 

The Eagles are a run first team with running QBs and Minshew and Sinnett are not that.

Those free agents should be seen as improvements over Minshew.  And if they cost 7-8 Million,  you don't need them as a backup to Hurts.   But Mariota cost 3.5 last year,  Taylor 5,  Newton 5-6.  Maybe that's too much, maybe not. 

QBs who can't run as well as Hurts need to be much much better at passing than Hurts to be equally as effective.   I don't see those guys. 

I’m surprised no one has even mentioned Marcus Mariota. He’s better than Hurts.

I’d definitely take Winston or Mariota for a year. The key to this bridge situation would be acquiring another 1st and 2nd next year. You’d think some dummy would give you a 2023 2nd rounder for Hurts. SEA or DET maybe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And why is that exactly?

It worked, and will continue to work in 2022 and 2023.  I see no reason why the Eagles wouldn't do as well or better in 2022. 

Need
1)  add first round picks on defense
2) a great running back if available

Also
1)  a better version of JJAW,  or someone who is SE or TE size to play End.
2)  someone to take snaps at Fullback.   Like a Fullback, or not.  The Ravens have a 300 pound FB who was only a DT until the Ravens trained him to be a FB.

The first 2 might be expensive and the other 2, not.

8 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I’m surprised no one has even mentioned Marcus Mariota. He’s better than Hurts.

I’d definitely take Winston or Mariota for a year. The key to this bridge situation would be acquiring another 1st and 2nd next year. You’d think some dummy would give you a 2023 2nd rounder for Hurts. SEA or DET maybe.

I mentioned Mariota as a backup for the QB who won 5 more games for the Eagles in 2021 than the Eagles got in 2020.

I understand that you don't care that the Eagles were much better, winning games,  with Hurts.  

Mariota is similar to Hurts.   Both had losing records in their first year,  then a winning record, and both took their teams to the playoffs.  Mariota could be a starter somewhere, but he didn't quite make the cut with the Titans.   Cam Newton and Tyrod Taylor are also similar,  Taylor more similar,  typically goes .500 or a little better, took the Bills to the playoffs one year.  Newton did take the Panthers to the Super Bowl a while back.  Tends to be more inconsistent when it comes to w-l records, sometimes great, sometimes not.   All 3 should be cheap, and all 3 are running QBs, as is Hurts,  so, if they were backups,  the offense isn't ruined if Hurts was to go out.

Overall, stay the course with Hurts,  9-8 and playoffs is good, and changing out the QB for someone who is worse - can't run well - likely means fewer wins. 

2 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

I mentioned Mariota as a backup for the QB who won 5 more games for the Eagles in 2021 than the Eagles got in 2020.

I understand that you don't care that the Eagles were much better, winning games,  with Hurts.  

Overall, stay the course with Hurts,  9-8 and playoffs is good, and changing out the QB for someone who is worse - can't run well - likely means fewer wins. 

You watched Hurts play QB for the last five years, right?

58 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

You don't care about rushing yards, but the Eagles won with the QB doing great on the ground running.  Playoffs.

How’d that running work out actually IN the playoffs??

🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vlad67 said:

We don't need more than one WR...our QB can't see him anyway

Well you need more at WR for whoever is QB starting in 2023 …. whether that is Hurts after showing significant improvement over the 2022 season or someone new right?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

but the Eagles won with the QB doing great on the ground running.  Playoffs.

Yeah, how'd that playoff game go again? Tampa loaded the box and said "throw it btch." And of course he couldn't. 

Btw did he beat any team with a winning record? He looks good against crap teams. Awesome. 

• Like 1

Yippee. How about the main job of a QB? You know passing. Oh yeah he sucked. 

• Like 1

Minshew and Sinnett can go.

The other 2 spots can be filled from this list or the draft/udfa.

From this FA list,  I'll take other running QBs who can do basically what Hurts can do, and not someone who can't run.

Cam Newton,  Tyrod Taylor,  Marcus Mariota are the 3 I like from that list.

From the draft list,  I like Malik Willis and D'eriq King.

Playoffs only because we played against scrubs AND there happened to be a 3rd WC spot. Honestly you may be the most annoying poster on the EMB. 

• Like 2

Pay no attention to the mock draft simulator rankings. Devonte Wyatt is going in the first round. Also, he’s dominating the Senior Bowl.

The Eagles are a run first team with running QBs

Out of necessity because they had a QB that CANT THROW THE BALL.

• Like 1