Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

Didn't have one in the new board.  Upload is hilarious and pretty deep.  Easily the best of the afterlife shows that have come out recently.

Just watched the first episode of upload! Looking forward to the rest of the season.  Still need to catch up on Man in the High Castle and season 2 of Jack Ryan.

Loved Hunters. It had its flaws, but still highly entertaining. 

• Like 1

Bosch is great as well

Same with Good Omens

Carnival Row was interesting

The Boys was strange

I'm 7 episodes into The Man in the High Castle.  Definitely an entertaining show.  

23 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Bosch is great as well

Same with Good Omens

Carnival Row was interesting

The Boys was strange

hated Good Omens with a passion, didn't really like Carnival Row, The Boys was awesome.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

hated Good Omens with a passion, didn't really like Carnival Row, The Boys was awesome.

Lol I'm not surprised 

I'm sure almost all of you know about these ones but The Expanse, Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Fleabag are all must-watches IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I'm sure almost all of you know about these ones but The Expanse, Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Fleabag are all must-watches IMO.

All 3 of those are fantastic.

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol I'm not surprised 

I actually think the herd would agree with me on this one.  Most Gaiman fans at least agree Amercian Gods is better than Good Omens , even if they don't hate Omens like I do.  I watched all of Carnival Row because that is right up my target market ally.  It's watchable, barely.  The Boys has a pretty rabid fan base around here so I'd watch your step hating on it.

On 5/10/2020 at 10:34 PM, homerpat said:

Loved Hunters. It had its flaws, but still highly entertaining. 

I hated the first episode but a friend of mine keeps poking me to go on.  He says show overall is not as cartoonish as pilot.  I'll get to it.

the boys & hunters were wildly entertaining, imo.  tried fleabag....didn't last 15 minutes.  tried good omens...made it about 20 minutes.  watched 2 or 3 eps of jack ryan with the wife...might go back & watch that one. 

14 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I actually think the herd would agree with me on this one.  Most Gaiman fans at least agree Amercian Gods is better than Good Omens , even if they don't hate Omens like I do.  I watched all of Carnival Row because that is right up my target market ally.  It's watchable, barely.  The Boys has a pretty rabid fan base around here so I'd watch your step hating on it.

Majority of the world likes Good Omens. American Gods is weirder than Good Omens lol

good omens was too british for my tastes.  what's american gods about? 

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the boys & hunters were wildly entertaining, imo.  tried fleabag....didn't last 15 minutes.  tried good omens...made it about 20 minutes.  watched 2 or 3 eps of jack ryan with the wife...might go back & watch that one. 

Same.....I don't understand the hype at all.  

34 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I thought Good Omens was just OK. Watchable mostly cause I was stuck at home. But yes American Gods is way better.

14 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Explains why you don't like Fleabag too. In American Gods all gods new and old are real and walk the Earth, sustained by human belief and worship. It's essentially about the struggle between dying out "old world" Norse/Hindu/Egyptian etc gods, new Judeo-Christian, and man-made "gods" like media/digital etc. Very graphic. Wouldn't call it one of my favorites but I enjoy it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Old Time Gods like Odin and Vulcan roam the earth but so do technology gods like Mass Media.  Pretty nuts and Starz actually pulls off a show with some special effects polish.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

It's a Starz show. It's really different to explain IMO because it's a really strange and weird show

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

I watched all of fleabag and gave every episode full attention (no phone browsing or chores around the house. It was just... fine. Which is weird because my tastes seem to align so much with certain media outlets I read/listen to, all of which absolutely loved it, and it’s something I don’t think I would revisit the existing seasons unless someone hadn’t seen it, wanted to watch it, and we were in a situation where watching together made sense. 

I didn't even realize season 6 of Bosch is out already. Going to start that up

Amazon movie Aeronauts with Eddie Redmayne was pretty good. Amelia Wren is played by the main girl from Rogue One.

If I ever have a daughter, I might name her Amelia, quite a few inspiring ones in history.

Lot of you guys are just talking about series but in terms of movies Blow The Man Down was fabulous. Think a more Northeast fishing town based Fargo. Loved it. 

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

the man in the high castle on a scale of 1-10.....go!

Very solid 7.  Higher if you're into alternate history/sci-fi.   Takes a few episodes to pick up on who's who, what's what, but well done story.  You do have to pay attention to it.