Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

Finished Upload - liked it a lot, last episode was short - only 20 minutes.  Definitely exceeded my expectations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m close to the end. Never saw it before.  But it’s gonna be an all timer for me.   Along with:

Cheers

Mash

Mash reruns are still on tv. I'm trying to remember what channel for me but can't think of it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hputenis said:

I have that on in the background right now.  That show somehow sucks me back in at least once a year and I can't turn it off.  

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m close to the end. Never saw it before.  But it’s gonna be an all timer for me.   Along with:

Cheers

Mash

it's my favorite sitcom of all time...and not just because i live so close to scranton. :ph34r:

now it does struggle... 

Spoiler

once michael leaves the show. they have to look elsewhere for laughs & it doesn't always work...but hang in there for the 2 part series finale! 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 11:01 AM, Mike030270 said:

Man in the High Castle

Bosch

Jack Ryan

The Expanse

On 5/26/2020 at 11:44 AM, DEagle7 said:

I'd definitely put Expanse at the top of that priority list.  You can put on subtitles for the space-creole parts if it bothers you.

the expanse is really good.  i'm already half way through season 2. :thumbsup:

Spoiler

miller got a lot less annoying once he lost the stupid hat. 🎩

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

the expanse is really good.  i'm already half way through season 2. :thumbsup:

Reveal hidden contents

miller got a lot less annoying once he lost the stupid hat. 🎩

You're right in the peak.  Good fun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

You're right in the peak.  Good fun.

yeah

Spoiler

miller & julie just rode eros to venus...rough flight, apparently.  

For 98 minutes of 1969 time-warp goofiness with an all-star cast, If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium. Free on Amazon Prime.

51OvFcZm4AL._SY445_.jpg

Genuinely corny period piece. You may be tempted to bail in the first 20 minutes because it’s just a parade of bad jokes and stale gags, but the story warms up and some of the characters inject life into this predictable plot.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/if-its-tuesday-this-must-be-belgium-1969

Suzanne Pleshette is wonderful, but the shining performance comes from Sandy Baron, a familiar comic face from films of that era. You probably know him best from his role 30 years later as Jack Klompus (“take the pen!”) on Seinfeld. 

klompus-seinfeld-photo-for-post.png

Also Michael Considine (Windex guy from BF Greek Wedding) as a young man.

Watched Night Hunter last night. It’s pretty insane. You should watch it if you haven’t. 

i know i keep posting about it but holy crap is the expanse good :thumbsup:  thanks to those who recommended it! 

• Like 2

Prime has Psych right? Does that mean they also have the special from a couple years back? I still haven't seen it

On 5/14/2020 at 4:53 AM, Agent23 said:

I watched all of fleabag and gave every episode full attention (no phone browsing or chores around the house. It was just... fine. Which is weird because my tastes seem to align so much with certain media outlets I read/listen to, all of which absolutely loved it, and it’s something I don’t think I would revisit the existing seasons unless someone hadn’t seen it, wanted to watch it, and we were in a situation where watching together made sense. 

Doesn't it star the chick that is the voice of the annoying PC droid in Solo?

5 hours ago, Mat said:

Doesn't it star the chick that is the voice of the annoying PC droid in Solo?

yes

On 6/16/2020 at 3:09 PM, mr_hunt said:

i know i keep posting about it but holy crap is the expanse good :thumbsup:  thanks to those who recommended it! 

You're welcome

I liked the Lighthouse.  This is one of the great Willem Dafoe performances.

I will chime in and say Uploaded definitely worth the watch. Binged half the season last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. 

Have now finished. Mother F”&):&er. Have to wait probably more than a year now. Great show

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Season 2 of Hanna is up. Kind of forgot what happened in season 1 so I'm re-watching the short season

I can confirm that Hunters sucks.  It's got a cartoonish view of Notzees that would have been cool in the 90's but misses wildly today.

Hanna was pretty good. Binged both seasons over a week or two. Reminds me of Jason Bourne just replaced with teenage girls. 

I guess i'll have to give Expanse another shot too. I watched the first episode but caught myself playing around on my phone a lot. Seemed kinda "eh".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hanna was pretty good. Binged both seasons over a week or two. Reminds me of Jason Bourne just replaced with teenage girls. 

I guess i'll have to give Expanse another shot too. I watched the first episode but caught myself playing around on my phone a lot. Seemed kinda "eh".

I got through 4 episodes of Expanse and I just can't get into it.  I love sci-fi too, but everyone on here tells me it gets good after the first 4-5 episodes.  

Is Hanna at least an athletic assassin?  My biggest pet peeve is when they put someone in a role like that when they can't even walk in heels or they're built like a bean pole (ie Revenge).  

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I got through 4 episodes of Expanse and I just can't get into it.  I love sci-fi too, but everyone on here tells me it gets good after the first 4-5 episodes.  

Is Hanna at least an athletic assassin?  My biggest pet peeve is when they put someone in a role like that when they can't even walk in heels or they're built like a bean pole (ie Revenge).  

She’s like 14-15ish in the show. The fight scenes are pretty good but it’s still kinda weird watching a teenager beat the ish out of CIA guys. It’s surprisingly violent though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

She’s like 14-15ish in the show. The fight scenes are pretty good but it’s still kinda weird watching a teenager beat the ish out of CIA guys. It’s surprisingly violent though. 

Spoiler

I think it's easier knowing she's not normal. Isn't her DNA different?

Just finished season 2 Hanna. I really liked it

Spoiler

I definitely see Bourne in it. I really like the disguises and want to see her do more fight scenes. We only got to see one time of her showing her skills to the group when she won that capture the flag thing.

I was curious if Hanna was supposed to be better(both DNA and training) than the other girls or was their DNA better but just didn't have the training that Hanna did

Thought we'd see a Sandy vs Hanna in there

Marissa seemed like she was back and forth with being an ally or enemy to Hanna. Curious how it plays out for her.

I chuckled at the employee growing a conscience at the end. The whole pretend lives thing was strange

I'd recommend it

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 2:22 PM, Mike030270 said:

September....but I want it nooooowwwwwww.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:50 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

On 7/10/2020 at 9:49 PM, hputenis said:

expanse does start a bit slow but gets good once... 

Spoiler

miller loses that stupid hat. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:49 PM, hputenis said:

Yeah that wrecked Jessica Jones for me.

• Like 1