Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

Crawl - Currently playing on Prime.  I thought it was a lot of fun.  Yeah, it's a movie about a bunch of alligators terrorizing people during a hurricane in Florida, so there's plenty of blood and lost limbs, but it stayed intense once the action started.  Not bad at all for what it was.

17 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Crawl - Currently playing on Prime.  I thought it was a lot of fun.  Yeah, it's a movie about a bunch of alligators terrorizing people during a hurricane in Florida, so there's plenty of blood and lost limbs, but it stayed intense once the action started.  Not bad at all for what it was.

I liked it in theaters and it had a tight runtime! 

5 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Spoiler

It would have been good if they didn't get bit so many times and survive. I thought that ruined it

In keeping with the current climate of celebrating African culture, Prime has a section called "Black Stories".  What's the very 1st movie in this section?  Ali?  Malcom X?  The Green Book?  Nope.  It's Independence Day.  For realz.  

It's really annoying how they'll have separate movie slots for 4k and HD. Why not have the selection when you're on that particular movie. Seems like duplicates would mess things up

Is there a way to have selected only what's on prime? I don't care to rent or buy movies. I know you can go into the search and type in prime and get some but seems inconvenient 

does watching the 4k version of a movie on a non-4k television screw up the pic?  

Some HD TV's will not display a 4K picture, some will, but at just HD quality, so it really depends.  If you're just streaming, typically, it will just show the HD version, not the 4K version, if you're just watching on an HD TV.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this is the thread for it - but does anyone have Fire TV and get a low memory message when you turn it on?  I've cleared cache and a lot of apps, but still getting the dumb message...

Watched "Vivarium" last night. Creepy and weird. Perfect to watch while locked in your house with nothing to to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Watched "Vivarium" last night. Creepy and weird. Perfect to watch while locked in your house with nothing to to do. 

I watched the trailer for that and put it on my list. I feel like I need edibles for that one.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I watched the trailer for that and put it on my list. I feel like I need edibles for that one.

It wasn't as weird as "Midsommer" but definitely in the ball park. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

😂 WTF is this movie?  I'm 30 minutes into it, and I'm hooked.  Good movies on Amazon Prime are tough to find.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

😂 WTF is this movie?  I'm 30 minutes into it, and I'm hooked.  Good movies on Amazon Prime are tough to find.   

It gets better, and by that I mean much much weirder. 

• Like 1

there's a movie called missing 411 - the hunted that tells stories of hunters & other folks who mysteriously go missing while in the woods. interesting in an unsolved mysteries kind of way. 

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

It gets better, and by that I mean much much weirder. 

Wow....you weren't kidding.  I actually wasn't a huge fan.  I honestly don't even know what the F happened at the end.  

Spoiler

I'd say I lost some interest right when the creepy kid started screaming and barking like a dog in every scene.  

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

Wow....you weren't kidding.  I actually wasn't a huge fan.  I honestly don't even know what the F happened at the end.  

Hide contents

I'd say I lost some interest right when the creepy kid started screaming and barking like a dog in every scene.  

Yeah I had to fight through that ish

Spoiler

When he digs deep enough he finds a body in a body bag. The body being the previous occupant who raised another one of the alien kids. 

• Like 1

Holy crap, I just watched an awesome movie that I've never heard of.  Not sure if it should go here on just the regular movie thread.  The movie was called "Searching," with John Cho (Harold from Harold and Kumar).  I signed up for the Starz 7 day free trial on Amazon Prime.  Dude's daughter goes missing, and the whole movie is him trying to find her through her laptop.  Twists and turns all over the place.  I highly recommend.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

Holy crap, I just watched an awesome movie that I've never heard of.  Not sure if it should go here on just the regular movie thread.  The movie was called "Searching," with John Cho (Harold from Harold and Kumar).  I signed up for the Starz 7 day free trial on Amazon Prime.  Dude's daughter goes missing, and the whole movie is him trying to find her through her laptop.  Twists and turns all over the place.  I highly recommend.  

saw it in theaters. Really enjoyed it

especially the pedo-brother angle!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, hputenis said:

I remember watching that. It was pretty jarring considering the majority is shot through a web cam

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mat said:

I remember watching that. It was pretty jarring considering the majority is shot through a web cam

Yea, it was one of those incredibly cheap to make "found footage"-ish movies that was decent. 

On 7/10/2020 at 10:50 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Hanna was pretty good. Binged both seasons over a week or two. Reminds me of Jason Bourne just replaced with teenage girls. 

I guess i'll have to give Expanse another shot too. I watched the first episode but caught myself playing around on my phone a lot. Seemed kinda "eh".

I thought the movie Hanna was really good. Stylish, some good action, a little surreal even at times. Had a bit of a Clock Work Orange vibe to it.

If you liked the series I’d suggest checking out the film.

Just now, TEW said:

I thought the movie Hanna was really good. Stylish, some good action, a little surreal even at times. Had a bit of a Clock Work Orange vibe to it.

If you liked the series I’d suggest checking out the film.

Yep, saw it a while ago. It was good too. Movie came out before the show so all of Season 1 is basically a rehash of the movie. Not much changed around until the end.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yep, saw it a while ago. It was good too. Movie came out before the show so all of Season 1 is basically a rehash of the movie. Not much changed around until the end.

I’ll check it out.