Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

6 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

the man in the high castle on a scale of 1-10.....go!

Last season was ok but that ending was stupid IMO

The others were really good. 7-8ish

7 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

the man in the high castle on a scale of 1-10.....go!

8. But I haven’t fully caught up yet. 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:58 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Old Time Gods like Odin and Vulcan roam the earth but so do technology gods like Mass Media.  Pretty nuts and Starz actually pulls off a show with some special effects polish.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:59 AM, Mike030270 said:

It's a Starz show. It's really different to explain IMO because it's a really strange and weird show

you guys didn't mention that i need a starz subscription to watch this. <_<  only the 1st ep is free to amazon prime members. 

f that.

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

you guys didn't mention that i need a starz subscription to watch this. <_<  only the 1st ep is free to amazon prime members. 

f that.

LOL I thought that was given since its a Starz show. I didn't even know the first episode was free on prime.

You could try finding episodes on youtube or something but it may take awhile

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

LOL I thought that was given since its a Starz show. I didn't even know the first episode was free on prime.

You could try finding episodes on youtube or something but it may take awhile

:lol:  nah...i'll find a different show to watch. 

i thought it was free for prime members...that's the annoying part about prime.  i finally find something that looks decent but it's not part of prime. :nonono:  netflix does it right, imo. if it's listed on there, it's part of netflix & no additional cost. 

15 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

f that.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

:lol:  nah...i'll find a different show to watch. 

i thought it was free for prime members...that's the annoying part about prime.  i finally find something that looks decent but it's not part of prime. :nonono:  netflix does it right, imo. if it's listed on there, it's part of netflix & no additional cost. 

Did you watch all of the recommended Amazon movies/shows yet?

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did you watch all of the recommended Amazon movies/shows yet?

which ones?  i've watched the boys & hunters so far...also midsommer & hereditary on the movie front.

tried but didn't like fleabag or good omens...too british. 

Finished Upload Season 1.  I enjoyed it a lot. Intrigued to see where it goes. 

Finally working to finish High Castle. Season 4 has been intense to start. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

which ones?  i've watched the boys & hunters so far...also midsommer & hereditary on the movie front.

tried but didn't like fleabag or good omens...too british. 

Man in the High Castle

Bosch

Jack Ryan

The Expanse

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Man in the High Castle

Bosch

Jack Ryan

The Expanse

watched a few eps of jack ryan & thought it was okay...i might get back to that one.  high castle is on my radar...as is the expanse. i don't know much about bosch. 

36 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

watched a few eps of jack ryan & thought it was okay...i might get back to that one.  high castle is on my radar...as is the expanse. i don't know much about bosch. 

I'd definitely put Expanse at the top of that priority list.  You can put on subtitles for the space-creole parts if it bothers you.

4 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Finished Upload Season 1.  I enjoyed it a lot. Intrigued to see where it goes. 

Finally working to finish High Castle. Season 4 has been intense to start. 

Watched the first 2 episodes of Upload last night, more than I was expecting so definitely will be finishing it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Upload last night, more than I was expecting so definitely will be finishing it up.

I finished the season last week.  Thought the show stayed smart and funny through the entire run.  It's surprisingly philosophical.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 5:18 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I finished the season last week.  Thought the show stayed smart and funny through the entire run.  It's surprisingly philosophical.

I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who did "The Good Place", which was also very funny and heavily philosophical...  Both shows are about the afterlife, so I guess they sort of have to be...

2 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who did "The Good Place", which was also very funny and heavily philosophical...  Both shows are about the afterlife, so I guess they sort of have to be...

I liked this one a lot more than The Good Place.  Edit// just checked, its actually the writer of the Office, not Good place.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 11:44 AM, DEagle7 said:

I'd definitely put Expanse at the top of that priority list.  You can put on subtitles for the space-creole parts if it bothers you.

finished the first 2 eps...pretty good so far. i almost always watch with captions on...so that helps. :lol:  my only issue so far is that guy with stupid hat is kind of annoying...but i'll stick with it. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

finished the first 2 eps...pretty good so far. i almost always watch with captions on...so that helps. :lol:  my only issue so far is that guy with stupid hat is kind of annoying...but i'll stick with it. 

Expanse is ok from the start but really starts to hit the notes about 5-6 episodes in.

• Like 1

I saw a trailer for a movie called the vast of night on Amazon and it looked decent... I went to watch it but it wasn't available 

On 5/28/2020 at 6:52 PM, Aspiritfall said:

Was just about to post this.... It's getting a lot of buzz. 

Anyone watch it yet? 

17 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Anyone watch it yet? 

Not yet but when it gets released I will 

8 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Anyone watch it yet? 

Just finished watching it... Very slow story but it draws you in... It was decent, if anything alien/ufo related interests you then chances are you will like it 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Jack Ryan was good.  I was watching that the same time I was watching The Wire for the first time.  Which was cool seeing the same actor at the same time.   Then went to The Office and boom there we go again.   Twice.  

I have that on in the background right now.  That show somehow sucks me back in at least once a year and I can't turn it off.