Bijan Robinson (Texas RB) -- DRAFTED BY ATLANTA #8

NJWolverEagle11

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Don’t get me wrong, Saquan and Zeke were hyped up big but none of them were AP. I think Bijan is the best RB prospect since AP imo. I personally don’t think he is reach at 10 but we know we don’t draft RBs in round 1.

although Howie did admit in Speak (TV Show) that the year McCoy came out, it was between him and Maclin for their 1st round pick. They said only reason they didn’t draft McCoy in 1st was because of combine. Howie might go Bijan but highly unlikely at 10. Maybe if they traded back which is also unlikely

He doesn't look that fast but fast enough... ridiculous vision, short area elusiveness, and tackle breaking ability. Kind of reminds me of a Emmitt running style at 220lbs with a better receiving ability.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The debate is whether a #10 overall pick which could be generational in the mold of Fletcher Cox or BG, or a Tra Thomas should instead be used on a running back who could be deemed generational.  And when that second contract comes up, do you want to have to allocate that much of the cap to a RB.  For those linemen, you're definitely looking to lock them up on that second contract. There's more of a dynamic than just the immediate impact of the player.  It's a long term planning thing.  Drafting Bijan with a high pack really deviates from the Eagles philosophy, and mucks up the roster make up to a degree.

3 minutes ago, Procus said:

The debate is whether a #10 overall pick which could be generational in the mold of Fletcher Cox or BG, or a Tra Thomas should instead be used on a running back who could be deemed generational.  And when that second contract comes up, do you want to have to allocate that much of the cap to a RB.  For those linemen, you're definitely looking to lock them up on that second contract. There's more of a dynamic than just the immediate impact of the player.  It's a long term planning thing.  Drafting Bijan with a high pack really deviates from the Eagles philosophy, and mucks up the roster make up to a degree.

I think the natural evolution you'll see is that the Eagles pass more next season. Hurts has developed and will be making 50mil and you have 3 high quality pass targets.  I just can't see them spending the 10th on a RB. That would mean that guy demands a lot of touches.  I just see them getting a complimentary guy later in draft

• Like 2

The more I think about our current offense, the more I think a player like Robinson would be one hell of an addition.  I know Howie would never do it, but I could get behind the Eagles trading back from 10, say to somewhere in the 17-20 range and pick up some extra picks...then draft Robinson.  Regardless of the "value of using a first on a RB" line of thinking, if the Eagles added a stud RB who can make plays in both the run and pass game, it would take an already good offense to another level.

Given the likely state of our defense this year, we will need to compensate with a juggernaut offense and ball control.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:38 AM, judunno said:

He doesn't look that fast but fast enough... ridiculous vision, short area elusiveness, and tackle breaking ability. Kind of reminds me of a Emmitt running style at 220lbs with a better receiving ability.

Lol I have been watching him since high school. He looks like he is running in slow motion but you notice that everyone around him is running in slow motion also. He has enough speed to be a game breaker. Trust me

8 hours ago, Procus said:

I was just coming in to post this exact same thought.  Players selected in the top half of round 1 you hope/expect to keep around for a long time, to lock them into 2nd contracts when their rookie deals are up.  It just doesn't seem like a wise strategy in today's NFL to pay a RB on a 2nd contract.  Use them for the duration of their rookie deals then draft another and repeat the cycle.  

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 10:42 PM, Procus said:

If you think about it only lane johnson is the only starter that was drafted in the 1st round on oline. Funny thing is that the eagles are actually better at drafting Oline in later rounds than in round 1. BG, Fletch and Davis are the ones on the dline.

yes, if a lineman is at ten that is worthy of a top 10 pick then the Eagles should draft them but they should not reach for a lineman just to take one. The only top 10 worthily lineman in my opinion would be Carter, Anderson, Wilson, Murphy, and Johnson (OL). It is likely all 5 are off the board by the time eagles are on the clock at 10.

Howie is not afraid to draft a RB in round 1. He already told McCoy they really wanted to draft him in round 1 over Maclin but they went Maclin because McCoy was sick at the combine. Honestly I would not be surprised. Bijan is one of maybe 2-3 blue chip prospects in this class. He will get drafted high. I don’t care what mock drafts say. Teams are higher on him than us fans are.

10 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol I have been watching him since high school. He looks like he is running in slow motion but you notice that everyone around him is running in slow motion also. He has enough speed to be a game breaker. Trust me

Yeah that's how Emmit was. Didn't look all that fast but people weren't necessarily running him down. Deceptive.

Eagles aren't taking a RB in the 1st.

And he won't be there in the 2nd.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 1:36 AM, ilikepargo said:

#30 certainly tests that statement... in other news with all these comp picks in 2024, Howie might be looking to move-up early or get back into the mid-rounds this draft (~12 selections is kind of a lot to actually bring onboard).  

image.thumb.png.ffb7f51d92eb4fc51cf25db6705f1ed8.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

#30 certainly tests that statement... in other news with all these comp picks in 2024, Howie might be looking to move-up early or get back into the mid-rounds this draft (~12 selections is kind of a lot to actually bring onboard).  

image.thumb.png.ffb7f51d92eb4fc51cf25db6705f1ed8.png

I'm on team pass rush now that Hargrave is officially gone. I don't think they're going to go corner with that first pick.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, judunno said:

I'm on team pass rush now that Hargrave is officially gone. I don't think they're going to go corner with that first pick.

Predicting the Eagles will draft a lineman is a good bet always. They could be bringing Bradberry back still as well. We'll probably know soon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, judunno said:

I’m waiting for the Rock Ya Sin and Matt Ioannidis signings to slightly muddle our intentions at 10.

13 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I’m waiting for the Rock Ya Sin and Matt Ioannidis signings to slightly muddle our intentions at 10.

Just wanted to let you know that thanks to you I'm addicted to that PFF mock simulator now lol. I've been doing all different types of trade down scenarios somebody stop me.

• Haha 1

Idc what y’all say. Bijan to Philly is still realistic. Pennys contract is small and doesn’t mean he will actually make the squad. He is making less than Boston Scott…

On 3/13/2023 at 11:35 PM, pgcd3 said:

Predicting the Eagles will draft a lineman is a good bet always. They could be bringing Bradberry back still as well. We'll probably know soon

Banking on drafting a linemen in the top half of round 1 is usually a pretty safe bet and a wise strategy.  If we did decide to break a 21 year trend and grab a CB at 10 or slightly later with a trade down I'd definitely be on board with that but crossing my fingers they got the player evaluation right since evaluating CBs hasn't exactly been a strength of this FO.  But even with Bradberry in the fold now for the next 3 years (likely) CB is still a need with Slay entering the final year of his deal (possibly) and having turned 32 recently.  I still think there is a pretty good chance he won't be here ... gut says he won't be willing to accept the pay cut they are likely asking and will be released with a post June 1 designation.  They absolutely need to reduce his $26M cap hit ... that $17.5M in cap savings will go a long way to possibly bringing back CJGJ and finalizing the Hurts deal.  Both of those should be priorities over paying a 32 year old CB a ridiculous amount for the upcoming season, even if he is still playing well now.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Banking on drafting a linemen in the top half of round 1 is usually a pretty safe bet and a wise strategy.  If we did decide to break a 21 year trend and grab a CB at 10 or slightly later with a trade down I'd definitely be on board with that but crossing my fingers they got the player evaluation right since evaluating CBs hasn't exactly been a strength of this FO.  But even with Bradberry in the fold now for the next 3 years (likely) CB is still a need with Slay entering the final year of his deal (possibly) and having turned 32 recently.  I still think there is a pretty good chance he won't be here ... gut says he won't be willing to accept the pay cut they are likely asking and will be released with a post June 1 designation.  They absolutely need to reduce his $26M cap hit ... that $17.5M in cap savings will go a long way to possibly bringing back CJGJ and finalizing the Hurts deal.  Both of those should be priorities over paying a 32 year old CB a ridiculous amount for the upcoming season, even if he is still playing well now.  

They'll draft a CB that recently blew out a ACL or something with a high ceiling. That's their MO these days.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, judunno said:

They'll draft a CB that recently blew out a ACL or something with a high ceiling. That's their MO these days.

Garrett Williams on day 2 fits that criteria and is going to be a steal. The MO you meant to say is CB with ruptured Achilles 

56 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Garrett Williams on day 2 fits that criteria and is going to be a steal. The MO you meant to say is CB with ruptured Achilles 

Was being general on the injury:) They win some they lose some on that one.

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Was being general on the injury:) They win some they lose some on that one.

CB might be back in play at 10, no redshirt.

heard some folks comparing him to Edgerrin James and I think it's spot on. Haven't heard than name in years. Edge was a little faster though but similar skillset

On 3/3/2023 at 7:36 AM, ilikepargo said:

I don‘t see it either. Maybe at 30 but I just don‘t think he will be a legit target.

That said I prefer Gibbs in the second anyways.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I don‘t see it either. Maybe at 30 but I just don‘t think he will be a legit target.

That said I prefer Gibbs in the second anyways.

Gibbs won’t make it to our 2nd, and may not make it to 30.

18 minutes ago, TEW said:

Gibbs won’t make it to our 2nd, and may not make it to 30.

I highly doubt two RBs get taken in the first. Given previous years I think there’s a good chance he gets picked in the second. And it may even be late second.. But maybe his ability to catch it changes things and he is viewed as a receiving option.

Ok. I’ll admit I just like Gibbs for us and we’re not going RB round one. 

• Like 1