EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I read that as Moped.

Nah, if it’s a bike it starts at 929cc, the old school CBR 929rr Fireblade to be exact. The 2014 Gixxer with just about 200 HP gets it done. 
 I’m only 49, my days for cruisers or scooters are far away, at least another 7-8 years hopefully. 

4B0D12F5-2717-4323-8D84-F34A381264D8.jpeg

32 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Average vehicle on the road in the US is 13 years old. AVERAGE.  (Much older in other countries.)  Internal combustion engines will be around for a while but gas is really about where it should be given global demand.   Given the advancement in batteries, it makes sense to move toward EVs although at this point I am thinking my next car is the next generation plug in hybrid.  If you have ever driven an electric car, you have experienced real acceleration. No internal combustion engine can compete.  

Have a family member than an engineer at a major motor corp.

the hybrids are more carbon friendly that the EV all in. 

7 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Nah, if it’s a bike it starts at 929cc, the old school CBR 929rr Fireblade to be exact. The 2014 Gixxer with just about 200 HP gets it done. 
 I’m only 49, my days for cruisers or scooters are far away, at least another 7-8 years hopefully. 

4B0D12F5-2717-4323-8D84-F34A381264D8.jpeg

My family we don't ride bullet bikes, my brother when he was 18 was driving his truck and a kid who just got one for his 16th b day was screaming down the street and smashed into my bros truck as he was turning, kid died on impact.

My brother was never the same especially after the kids family tried to get my brother charged with manslaughter and sue him for damages.

Luckily there were witnesses that testified they saw the whole thing and the judge threw the case out.

The officer on site told my brother the life expectancy of a bullet bike or it's owner/ rider is 6 weeks or less.

My brother in law used to be an EMT but he quit because he was tired of scraping dead kids off the road after they crashed their donor cycles as he called them.

We don't ride   bullet bikes in our family.

Well, I guess it's better than five pages of back-and-forth discussing the starting quarterback's passing skills.

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Well, I guess it's better than five pages of back-and-forth discussing the starting quarterback's passing skills.

Exactly.  He doesn't have enough passing skills to fill 5 pages.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Just look how many low income people HAVE to buy a super cheap used car even if they know it has issues.  They have to get from A to B somehow.  What about families buying kids their first cars?  Not sure what the budget is these days but I'd think between 5-7k for a high school kids first car, if that.  You'll never find an EV for that cost.  

But completely overlooking the average joe will cause just as many.

That’s why GM has invested in being able to fund what are in essence a type of vehicle sharing/co-owning.  That is probably where we are headed. Kind of a hybrid of Zip Car and Turo.

Just now, BigEFly said:

That’s why GM has invested in being able to fund what are in essence a type of vehicle sharing/co-owning.  That is probably where we are headed. Kind of a hybrid of Zip Car and Turo.

Wont mesh with american culture i think

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

My family we don't ride bullet bikes, my brother when he was 18 was driving his truck and a kid who just got one for his 16th b day was screaming down the street and smashed into my bros truck as he was turning, kid died on impact.

My brother was never the same especially after the kids family tried to get my brother charged with manslaughter and sue him for damages.

Luckily there were witnesses that testified they saw the whole thing and the judge threw the case out.

The officer on site told my brother the life expectancy of a bullet bike or it's owner/ rider is 6 weeks or less.

My brother in law used to be an EMT but he quit because he was tired of scraping dead kids off the road after they crashed their donor cycles as he called them.

We don't ride   bullet bikes in our family.

I’ve surpassed that average since I’ve had one for 25 years, but I started riding 2 stroke dirt bikes at 8 years old.  80cc to 250 and back down to what I raced for 3 years, a CR125. 
 Honestly I’m surprised they haven’t capped crotch rockets at 600’s, and even those for an inexperienced rider can be scary. Now with the cost around $15-16 grand for a 1000, hopefully the price tag will keep some kids away.  Riding isn’t nearly as popular as it was 15 years ago, much less 5.  The younger generations aren’t as interested in riding anything, metric or Harley, both of my sons grew up riding dirt bikes before bicycles, they’re both in their 20’s and neither want to ride on the street. 
 Street bikes I’m sorta like whatever if the younger generations stay completely away from them, but I’d hate to see dirt biks lose more popularity with kids. Once you figure how to work on them, it’s really not that expensive, and they’re making em electric as well.

9 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Wont mesh with american culture i think

I work in economic development and tourism and one of our biggest issues is workforce and workforce transportation for warehouses (we have tons of them).  There are certain sectors where ride share like mentioned could be great.

There are LOTS of great ideas but back to my original point.  Have multiple options rather than saying no more Hemi, we are going EV.   Work together for solutions for all.  Don't force us all down one hole.  There's a whole lot of Americans who don't want to be forced in to an EV, or can't afford one and so on.

If you want an EV or a hybrid.  Great we have that option.

If you want a V8, sorry no more.  

2 hours ago, RLC said:

Freedom isn't free. There's both a financial and environmental cost. Frankly, cars are not expensive enough.

Neither is gas.  We take both cars and low cost gasoline for granted.

Bad day for us who love how things were.  No more hemi and soon to be no more NCAA football.  Not that the NCAA as a governing body is a great thing.  Going to be a semi-pro league sooner than later

42 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Even if you don't believe in climate change, we should, we are still running out of fossil fuels. There is nothing woke about it. It's factual and needs to be addressed on a systemic basis. On today's who is an expert on what theme, I have a PhD in chemical engineering, I'm happy to debate you on the global and historical effects of combustion and the timeline of fossil fuel resources. Personal use of natural resources is a personal choice but also one that cumulatively affects all people and the planet. That's not woke in the way you are invoking the term.

So buy a bike and live a miserable life succumbing to woke BS and leave the rest of us alone you stupid f... and you can shove up that PHD up your ass if your head wasn't already up it. 

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

Shall we move on to the existence of God and meaning of life tomorrow? 

There is no evidence of a God ... let alone a male one ... and I am very comfortable that my current life is just a chapter in a stream of energy that stretches infinitely into the past and will stretch infinitely into the future.  The energy is conserved, but it manifests itself in different forms along the way.  E=mc2

10 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

So buy a bike and live a miserable life succumbing to woke BS and leave the rest of us alone you stupid f... and you can shove up that PHD up your ass if your head wasn't already up it. 

And you can be high priest of the church of the selfish dbags who don't give a crap about future generations.

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Narrow Guage to Silverton or did you drive the Million Dollar "Highway "?  Garden of the Gods is great at sunrise. 

This year we took an alternate route that we haven't ever taken before.  I-70 west to US-50 east in Grand Junction.  After 10 miles turn south on Colorado 141 the Unaweep Tabeguache Scenic Byway which you follow through Gateway and Naturita to Colorado 62 and had dinner in Ridgway, CO.  Then south on US 550 to Silverton.  Spectacular scenery.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Even if you could roadtrip you'd have to plan around charge stations, compute the time needed for a recharge and so on.  If you don't time it right, you might have to spend an extra night at a hotel so there's that too. 

The best EV gets what?  300 miles to a charge?  Rapid charge takes 30 minutes to add 200 miles.  So split your trip up by 200 miles, add 30 minutes for every charge.  Perfect.

Planning around charging stations isn’t that hard now and actually can rapid charge in less than 30 minutes. Depends on where you are going as to planning charging stations.  One solution might be to rent for real long road trips and have the EV for the majority of driving. My sister owned a Bolt. I found that limiting.  My cousin owns a Tesla and drives to and from Atlanta from Houston regularly.  He finds it limiting.  But he finds it real limiting when he heads west.  The bipartisan infrastructure bill is spending to broaden charging stations.  According to a survey I took from PADOT, the goal is to have anywhere in PA within 50 miles of a charging station.   I’m not ready to go electric yet but I no longer commute and I do like road trips. 

45 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Amen Brother!

17 minutes ago, mattwill said:

There is no evidence of a God ... let alone a male one ... and I am very comfortable that my current life is just a chapter in a stream of energy that stretches infinitely into the past and will stretch infinitely into the future.  The energy is conserved, but it manifests itself in different forms along the way.  E=mc2

Do you watch the Closer To Truth episodes with Robert Lawrence Kuhn?  Sometimes they discuss interesting theories you’d likely enjoy.

22 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

And you can be high priest of the church of the selfish dbags who don't give a crap about future generations.

What future generations?  Kids are being castrated at 8 and Disney is pushing the rest to be gay. And nobody is banging in the back of an E car, so the test tube kids you must be speaking about will be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

What future generations?  Kids are being castrated at 8 and Disney is pushing the rest to be gay. And nobody is banging in the back of an E car, so the test tube kids you must be speaking about will be fine. 

You sound like a scared bish. Grow a pair.

And take this crap to CVON

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Damn Seattle got a baller

They must have had to really dig deep to find highlights. They even added some pre season in the mix 🤣

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

None of that is true on any generalized basis. You are probably late for your Alex Jones foursome at Bedminster. Go Brandon!

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

They must have had to really dig deep to find highlights. They even added some pre season in the mix 🤣

There's actually a part 2

Perfect Spiral GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

But carrying to coach youth football?  Don’t see that as a self defense issue 

Being armed is not a choice of circumstance, it is a condition of preparedness. Tuesday night at the Dairy Queen or Monday morning at the Bus Stop. Can you predetermine when your life or those around you may come under risk?

This is the part of this issue I don't understand. Should I know beforehand that today may be an "at Risk" day?  Wednesdays are safe but Saturdays are dangerous? Youth football or Sunday Night at the Glen for a Concert. who's to know?

You think a responsible gun owner would be waving a pistol around at practice? That's not the discipline.

The object is to be discreet, retiring and restrained but prepared.

Hiding under a table while some a hole shoots up the joint doesn't fly with me.

Like I said, divisive subject. Rather have my Glock than a handfull of napkins....

Archived