EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Before stereo records (and the short lived quadraphonic) there were High Fidelity records. My Dad had a tube cabinet HiFi unit with a huge speaker and a lid that opened to the turntable.  Beautiful cabinet that we later converted to a wine cabinet.  That’s what he listened to records on when I was a kid.  Is the old record player cabinet a HiFi unit?

I still own all my component stuff from the 70's and 80s, which includes my SHARP Reciever/AMP, Techniques turntable,  Pioneer twin Tape deck, and a 5 disc Sony CD changer I got in 1989? Panasonic 8 track tape player from 1978,  And the speakers I have are 2- Aztec  and 2 -Advents

All still work great, still in use. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I wonder what we all did as kids to "play" pre-technology.  We had a low and long coffee table that my dad's buddy made for us.  The ends of it had built in ash trays even though no one in the family smoked.  That table was used for puzzles, model making, LEGOs, paper football and one of our favorite things was using a LEGO tire as a puck and pencil as a hockey stick.  We'd spend hours upon hours doing those things.

All while this played Dads records and tapes. 

SOLDglass stereo cabinet- return to the 70s! - and ...

We had the Technics record player, tape player, equalizer and tuner.  We did not have a CD player.  I was raised Catholic but my parents were never too strict about anything musically aside from not being allowed to buy a Dead Kennedy's album.  This was because they were fans of Kennedy and really didn't have anything to do with the music.  

Let me know when you guys get as far back as RCA and Electrohome appliances, and you'll be speaking my demographic

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

You know I'm not 10 years old Anymore right???

My life growing up in a religious family/culture and being sheltered from certain things in the world especially during the Satanic Panic if the 80s isn't unique to me, it's a pretty common story and why so many people like me relate to a show like Stranger Things.

I was one of those kids just like them that didn't fit in, that played D&D and hung out with the older  metal heads like Eddie.

I think being detached from reality is not realizing not every body grew up exactly like you so like any good little metal head would tell you, it's ok to stand up against those who would tell us how we should act or what we should say and do because it doesn't fit their view.

🤘

I guarantee i was and remain a far bigger metal head than you…

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

terminology - What's a head banging rock song? - Music Fans Stack Exchange

16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Didnt know it was a competition...

Good on ya I guess...🤘

28 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Take it to CVON.  

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Didnt know it was a competition...

Good on ya I guess...🤘

Oh it's a competition and I think it should be settled by dueling air guitar solos.  

1 hour ago, mattmcginley7 said:

They have two vocalists, a clean one and a heavy one. I understand it's not for everyone but many bands I think do a great job incorporating heavy vocals to add extra emphasis and emotion

Much of metal is written about problems in the world, these are topics usually that are meant to be angry. Just singing doesn't properly illustrate the emotions someone would feel on these topics 

Specifically for this song, I think it's to emphasize the absurdity of supporting someone who has captured you. 

Gwar is a band that emphasizes the absurdity of death growls really well

29 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Oh it's a competition and I think it should be settled by dueling air guitar solos.  

IMG_2490.JPG

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Mine...

th?id=OIP.ELEF4NM2nqLc5sQIzqhIQgHaDF&pid=Api&P=0

This was my cassette tape rewinder back in the day…

image.thumb.jpeg.fe614e2fb6466fdcf1cf8dedb3a6ad4b.jpeg

32 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I'd totally lose, like I said earlier I have zero musical talent, even my air guitar would be out of tune.

I'm a fairly solid whistler though.

11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This was my cassette tape rewinder back in the day…

image.thumb.jpeg.fe614e2fb6466fdcf1cf8dedb3a6ad4b.jpeg

My dad still has that  red car vhs rewinder 😁

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Damn Seattle got a baller

What if he ends up being an all pro when he goes there?

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

pretty bad to have a 37 second highlight video...even worse when almost 20 seconds of it is footage of him lining up or celebrating. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Glad they included his 1 career TD catch. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They had to include preseason highlights to get 37 seconds... including highlights of him lining up, and the ball in the air.  :lol:

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Considering their depth behind DK and Lockett is pretty slim, wouldn't surprise me one bit for JJAW not only to make the team but outproduce his entire career this season.

2 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Then we fire the WR coach... again.

and Howie, of course.  :ph34r: 

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Glad they included his 1 career TD catch. 

But snubbed him and left off the fumble recovery TD :nonono:

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Considering their depth behind DK and Lockett is pretty slim, wouldn't surprise me one bit for JJAW not only to make the team but outproduce his entire career this season.

you-set-the-bar-really-freakin-high-real

Archived