EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess eventually VCRs were able to rewind the tapes. But I remember having a separate machine that was a video cassette rewinder. Youd watch a movie. Take it out of the VCR and put it in the rewinder when you were done with it. Rewind that tape and lets go return it to blockbuster!

A rewinder was life changing. You mean I can rewind the tape AND pop in another movie to watch!?!?

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Because anyone carrying a gun is apt to lose their mind and just start shooting up the place.

Try reading rather than reacting to carrying a gun.  I said specifically carrying a gun to coach youth football.  Why would one need a loaded gun to coach a youth football game?  )(The Blog has been full of comments about tempers flaring at youth games.)  It makes no sense to me.

15 hours ago, downundermike said:

They are OK.

Elliot Randall’s solo on Reelin in the Years is epic

Jimmy Page called it the best guitar solo ever.

The music industry is so bad now that you have to search for bands that are any good, and most are much better than what the record companies put out, but hardly make the commiserate amount of money. Rival Sons are my favorite right now, and Black Pistol Fire my 2nd favorite right now. I saw BPF for 12 bucks at a bar. Glad the Black Keys are making a comeback after falling for the industry formula.

44 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Payback for the Superbowl.

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess eventually VCRs were able to rewind the tapes. But I remember having a separate machine that was a video cassette rewinder. Youd watch a movie. Take it out of the VCR and put it in the rewinder when you were done with it. Rewind that tape and lets go return it to blockbuster!

Mine...

th?id=OIP.ELEF4NM2nqLc5sQIzqhIQgHaDF&pid=Api&P=0

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

had one of those too..shaped like a car.

Ever wonder where all that old crap goes? Are there piles and piles of giant TVs and VCRs laying around?

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Try reading rather than reacting to carrying a gun.  I said specifically carrying a gun to coach youth football.  Why would one need a loaded gun to coach a youth football game?  )(The Blog has been full of comments about tempers flaring at youth games.)  It makes no sense to me.

Why wouldn't a CCP holder have one with them?

57 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Eagles have not drafted a safety in the top 100 since Nate Allen in 2010

Wow - I was pretty sure they drafted Earl Thomas.  

29 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

oh, that's a generic image I pulled but his was pretty epic.  Still in the basement.  Wonder what the value is these days. 

Sony, not much. Didn’t have a good reputation for components back in the 80s.  Is your Dad’s a Sony stack like the picture or did he select components individually?  But then again, I am of the age of the argument about tube amps sounding better than solid state amps. (For the record, I never owned a tube amp but that was an argument amongst electric guitar players not bass players.)

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think thats the exact one that was in my house growing up, but ours was black. That 9 disc CD changer was cool. 

Jeebus you are young. CD's were not out yet when I was a kid. 

And we had this style couch growing up and this style fridge

2062533c1beb5f97a09184d4378790cc.jpg&f=1

Refrigerator%2520-%2520Whirlpool%2520cop

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Sony, not much. Didn’t have a good reputation for components back in the 80s.  Is your Dad’s a Sony stack like the picture or did he select components individually?  But then again, I am of the age of the argument about tube amps sounding better than solid state amps. (For the record, I never owned a tube amp but that was an argument amongst electric guitar players not bass players.)

My parents had that same exact sony stack pictured and it lasted forever. JVC speakers though.  I think they only got rid of it sometime in the 2000s because technology progressed to the point where they finally questioned why they were wasting so much space in the house for a CD player. 

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I'll have to head down this weekend and check it out.  Curious now.  He also has their old record player cabinet that I'd love to have restored but geez that's a very trendy/expensive thing right now.

6 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

At first It’s surprisingly similar to the Muse version, It’s as if they ran that version through distortion or something (even moreso than the original). I was wondering where they were going with this. He’s even singing the first verse in a Bellamy-esque way… but then I almost spit out my peanut buster parfait when he went into his death growl. That stuff always cracks me up

I can picture a father using it to recite the big bad wolf’s lines in "3 little pigs” to his infant children to make them laugh. It’s always so goofy

They have two vocalists, a clean one and a heavy one. I understand it's not for everyone but many bands I think do a great job incorporating heavy vocals to add extra emphasis and emotion

Much of metal is written about problems in the world, these are topics usually that are meant to be angry. Just singing doesn't properly illustrate the emotions someone would feel on these topics 

Specifically for this song, I think it's to emphasize the absurdity of supporting someone who has captured you. 

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

I had that style couch too but it had bottles on it. Similar colors,  different pattern.

Don't remember having a fridge that ugly though. In my grandparents house, but not ours.

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

Pretty spot on.  I see a lot of those "80s starter pack memes" that have things like this.

Everyone associates the 80s with bright, neon colors and while they were prominent in the mall and clothes, the 80s were very BROWN, BURNT ORANGE and TAN.  

Out of all of my buddies, maybe 1 had the Zack Morris room with all the geometric shaped designed sheets and whatnot.  The rest of us had hand me downs, or cartoons.

If you like much of the metalcore and alt rock instrumentals and an amazing voice that doesn't do heavy vocals, this is the band you should check out 

Most underrated band in the world imo. They're incredible. The drummer is also absolutely ridiculous

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Had a 27'' tube TV that we carried up to the 7th floor of my dorm in college. At the time it was the biggest TV in the dorm because even if someone had a flatty, they were small and prohibitively expensive. I remember buying my first flatty. Samsung 23'' for 1200 dollars all because my gf won 2400 on a scratch off. 

But even before that, when I was living at home, my parents bought a 55'' hitatchi projector box TV. It was on wheels and took 2 people to bust their balls if you had to lift it. Like when it was delivered at the house, and when they eventually moved out of the house.

My in-laws had a projector like that 26 years ago, then they got rich and had beach place built on stilts, but not rich enough for an elevator or movers. 
 I believe they had it in their new place for 12 days and decided they were rich enough to buy another giant TV that came with movers.

image.gif.e71290e755780de10a81fc20d06127bb.gif 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I had that style couch too but it had bottles on it. Similar colors,  different pattern.

Don't remember having a fridge that ugly though. In my grandparents house, but not ours.

Thre Fridge was mid 70's (they were called two toned) Earlier 70's had two toned Gold or Green ones. the counch from late 70's, and well into the 80's

With how disappointing the safeties have been in camp sans Epps and I guess Blankenship, wouldn't be shocked if Chuck Clark winds up an Eagle before opening day. I don't think he's very good, but I think with Tartt not doing anything they're going to want another starter, depth guy who can play legitimate minutes.

57 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Because anyone carrying a gun is apt to lose their mind and just start shooting up the place.

Anyone "apt to lose their mind and just start shooting up the place" shouldn't be carrying a gun in the first place - ever!

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'll have to head down this weekend and check it out.  Curious now.  He also has their old record player cabinet that I'd love to have restored but geez that's a very trendy/expensive thing right now.

Before stereo records (and the short lived quadraphonic) there were High Fidelity records. My Dad had a tube cabinet HiFi unit with a huge speaker and a lid that opened to the turntable.  Beautiful cabinet that we later converted to a wine cabinet.  That’s what he listened to records on when I was a kid.  Is the old record player cabinet a HiFi unit?

13 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Thre Fridge was mid 70's (they were called two toned) Earlier 70's had two toned Gold or Green ones. the counch from late 70's, and well into the 80's

Not green, "avocado”.  

Just now, BigEFly said:

Not green, "avocado”.  

And Harvest Gold  You are correct sir

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

With how disappointing the safeties have been in camp sans Epps and I guess Blankenship, wouldn't be shocked if Chuck Clark winds up an Eagle before opening day. I don't think he's very good, but I think with Tartt not doing anything they're going to want another starter, depth guy who can play legitimate minutes.

I suspect the third and fourth S positions are wide open.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see Vincent get some S snaps.  

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Grew up in a strict, military, Catholic family during the 80s.  Back then, and maybe they still do, Dad would call the "Catholic hotline" to see what movies, music and TV was acceptable.  On our TV, MTV was blocked.  Was not allowed to watch Fox which had The Simpsons and Married With Children.

Any CD or tape he bought me, he read the jacket first to make sure he approved of the lyrics.  To this day, he has a brand new Tevin Campbell CD that I wanted but it had very sexual lyrics so he didn't give it to me.  

I was pretty sheltered from pop culture, maybe that's why I think it's silly that society puts so much emphasis on pop culture.  I used my time playing with LEGOs and Construx, making model airplanes, playing outside and playing sports.   

Like you said, we aren't 10 anymore.  I've distanced myself from the Catholic religion due to man made issues but still use the traditional foundation of it for my beliefs and values. 

I never played D&D because I never was in to fantasy stuff.  I've always been a realist and whatnot but I LOVE Stranger Things.  

Haha nerd

45 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

But even before that, when I was living at home, my parents bought a 55'' hitatchi projector box TV. It was on wheels and took 2 people to bust their balls if you had to lift it. Like when it was delivered at the house, and when they eventually moved out of the house.

The Hitachi projector TV's were among the best of their kind back then - but even those, after a few years - would steadily dim - to the point that you pretty much had to dim or turn off the lights in the room in order to actually get a decent viewing experience. 

Archived