Lol my reputation points finally paying off lol. Jk 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol my reputation points finally paying off lol. Jk 

😒

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m jealous lol. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You should be back up to your old stats within a day. I jumped on this quick lol. 

There you go. Back whole again lol.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

It'd be nice to have what little street cred I had lol

Did you post a link to your old EMB profile? If not, go ahead and do that. Also be sure to do an archive on archive.org, too. I don't know how long it'll take to get everyone's numbers set, but we don't know if the old EMB might shut down unexpectedly and without warning. So the archive might come in handy. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Did you post a link to your old EMB profile? If not, go ahead and do that. Also be sure to do an archive on archive.org, too. I don't know how long it'll take to get everyone's numbers set, but we don't know if the old EMB might shut down unexpectedly and without warning. So the archive might come in handy. 

My archive keeps showing error. It's pissing  me off lol. That's why I screenshot my profile from the old board and posted it. I hope that's cool. Everything is accurate 

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

My archive keeps showing error. It's pissing  me off lol. That's why I screenshot my profile from the old board and posted it. I hope that's cool. Everything is accurate 

I'll see if I can archive it. 

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll see if I can archive it. 

Thanks man 

14 minutes ago, lynched1 said:

When you got time. 
Awesome work on the board!

Did you get the link to your old EMB profile? If not, go get it and paste it in here and you might also archive it on archive.org, just in case something happens with the old EMB before I can get to it.

To see how to archive it, here's a link to a post on the old EMB where I explained how to do it: https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/762989-new-emb/?page=22&tab=comments#comment-22246437

I'm going to try to quote/cut/paste it here too...

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 2:21 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

In the event that the current database can't be donated to the cause, everyone that may want their post count to be preserved, should go to their profile page here, copy the URL from the address bar, then go to https://archive.org/web and past that URL into the box shown in the image below (outlined in red), and have your profile archived. Do it right now, then if you remember, do it again sometime closer to the 30th before this site goes away (to get a more accurate archive).

I'm currently archiving the Super Bowl GDT, I'm on page 101, so that should be completed today. It just takes a little while because I have to manually do each page to ensure that it's all archived.

I obviously can't do every thread/page on the EMB, so if there's other threads that you want to make sure gets archived, you can do so by doing the same thing as with your profile page.

archive.thumb.JPG.d32a54f5409be70a5d391a11b602ab6c.JPG

• Like 1

Will the original "joined" or "member since" be on new profiles or is that starting over?  (Just curious not nitpicking)

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Will the original "joined" or "member since" be on new profiles or is that starting over?  (Just curious not nitpicking)

I don't know that there's going to be an easy way to do that, but as time goes on, I may find a way to do it, so that's another good reason to get an archive of our profiles.

• Like 1

I had to pause from adjusting stats for a little while... Oak Island was on... lol. Plus, I wanted to try to archive some other things on the old EMB (Super Bowl related).

If there's anything that anyone thinks is worth archiving, I suggest doing it now, while we still can. If it's a multi page thread, you have to archive each and every page in order to get it all.

15 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I had to pause from adjusting stats for a little while... Oak Island was on... lol. Plus, I wanted to try to archive some other things on the old EMB (Super Bowl related).

If there's anything that anyone thinks is worth archiving, I suggest doing it now, while we still can. If it's a multi page thread, you have to archive each and every page in order to get it all.

Is anyone going to archive the 2017 season Blog thread? Or is that just too long to do?

7 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Is anyone going to archive the 2017 season Blog thread? Or is that just too long to do?

How many pages is it? It took me about a day and a half to finish the Super Bowl gameday thread, that was 167 pages. 

24 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How many pages is it? It took me about a day and a half to finish the Super Bowl gameday thread, that was 167 pages. 

No idea. Haven't seen it in several years. Thousands, I'd assume. 

Doesn't sound plausible, but it would be cool to read through again if you had unlimited time.

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Doesn't sound plausible, but it would be cool to read through again if you had unlimited time.

It may not even exist on the board anymore. Old threads eventually got deleted over time. But to get a thread with thousands of pages done, it would probably take all of us doing 100 or so pages each between now and Doomsday. 

10 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I did a search... it's still there, but it's over 3300 pages. 

https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/733938-eagles-blog-savor-the-euphoria-our-philadelphia-eagles-are-the-world-champions/?do=findComment&comment=20626165

To archive it in basically 1 week, would be a huge effort of many people. But if there's especially good pages within it, like right around the Super Bowl or the NFCCG, someone could archive those and at least have those be present. 

I still haven't heard from Dave on the database, so as more time goes by, the less optimistic I am about being able to get it. So archiving is probably our only way of preserving things. 

Maybe there's a method 'out there' that will archive an entire page and all of its links. I'll Google that ans see if there's anything that can do that. Otherwise, some members would need to archive whatever is desired to be saved. 

40 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I did a search... it's still there, but it's over 3300 pages. 

https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/733938-eagles-blog-savor-the-euphoria-our-philadelphia-eagles-are-the-world-champions/?do=findComment&comment=20626165

To archive it in basically 1 week, would be a huge effort of many people. But if there's especially good pages within it, like right around the Super Bowl or the NFCCG, someone could archive those and at least have those be present. 

I still haven't heard from Dave on the database, so as more time goes by, the less optimistic I am about being able to get it. So archiving is probably our only way of preserving things. 

Maybe there's a method 'out there' that will archive an entire page and all of its links. I'll Google that ans see if there's anything that can do that. Otherwise, some members would need to archive whatever is desired to be saved. 

If anyone were to take a stab at this (unlikely, but if), from the Rams game/Wentz injury through the Super Bowl would be great to have.

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

If anyone were to take a stab at this (unlikely, but if), from the Rams game/Wentz injury through the Super Bowl would be great to have.

I'll try to do a little tomorrow. Even getting just a little is better than losing everything.

My post count from the old board is so low I'm thinking if I should just start fresh.

Pretty sure I was the 103rd user from the last board though, judging by the URL parameters on my profile page. Can we roll back the "joined date"? LOL much prouder of that.

Maybe this new board is an opportunity to post more and not just be a lurker!