Playstation 5

opengeo

18 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Looks like they just pushed their announcement from last week exactly 7 days. 

I hope it's finally the reveal

20 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I hope it's finally the reveal

I am pro black consoles, even if white electronics can look good (ex: the controller release has an eye catching look but I'd rather have black electronics). So many of these teasers are using a black controller which makes me think they will be releasing the new design in at least 2 color options. PS and even XB have a strong history of re-releasing bundled consoles with different colors/designs/printing so it would be cool to see that at launch. Closest I guess are the Switch controller pieces that have the all black or the split colors. 

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I am pro black consoles, even if white electronics can look good (ex: the controller release has an eye catching look but I'd rather have black electronics). So many of these teasers are using a black controller which makes me think they will be releasing the new design in at least 2 color options. PS and even XB have a strong history of re-releasing bundled consoles with different colors/designs/printing so it would be cool to see that at launch. Closest I guess are the Switch controller pieces that have the all black or the split colors. 

So what you're saying is...black consoles matter?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, opengeo said:

So what you're saying is...black consoles matter?

I'd go so far as to say... they're superior. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

I'd go so far as to say... they're superior. 

Console supremacy!! Love it. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone posted this after an Xbox diss and had me :roll: 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I never bothered with the look. I just really hope it has vents and USB ports in the front. Preferably more than 2 this time

Not sure how I feel if that one leak was real or not. It looked a lot like the PS4. Though they could have a ton of different designs and just leaked that to get a reaction

There was that one video that didn't seem possible. Letting you remove the led in your controller

Didn't want to create a separate thread but I figured anyone in here is probably a PlayStation 4 owner.  

Does anyone have the PS VR?  My son is buying it for himself when the Iron Man VR game comes out. 

Are there any must own games for it?  Especially any good horror games?

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Didn't want to create a separate thread but I figured anyone in here is probably a PlayStation 4 owner.  

Does anyone have the PS VR?  My son is buying it for himself when the Iron Man VR game comes out. 

I believe resident evil had a VR game but I have no experience. I got one direct from Sony to test out for 2 weeks 3ish years back, but I barely touched it. The "visuals” in it still fail to reach the quality of 1080p/4K fixed screen television, so I didn’t care for the little bit I played. 

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I have it and would say hold off for the next generation. The first few times you use it, especially if you are not a frequent VR gamer, you will be blown away. After the initial shock, you'll realize how bad the graphics are and the game selection is mediocre at best. My kids and I also get queazy using the PSVR quite often and we are not prone to motion sickness at all. If you do decide to move forward, pretty much everyone raved about the Resident Evil PSVR experience. 

12 hours ago, opengeo said:

I have it and would say hold off for the next generation. The first few times you use it, especially if you are not a frequent VR gamer, you will be blown away. After the initial shock, you'll realize how bad the graphics are and the game selection is mediocre at best. My kids and I also get queazy using the PSVR quite often and we are not prone to motion sickness at all. If you do decide to move forward, pretty much everyone raved about the Resident Evil PSVR experience. 

Thanks for the info.  My son is buying it for himself and is determined to get it. I suggested waiting to see what comes out next generation but he's played his friends system and wants to be able to play online with him.  I'll have to check out the VR Resident Evil.  Always loved the RE games anyway.

• Like 1

I expect them to come out with VR 2 soon

I hope it has 4k but I'd settle for 1080p

• Like 1

PlayStation out here making sure their games accessible for everyone. Xbox still out there just making games for frat bros 

026FD542-D802-4E0F-A473-B105514C1C7B.png

13 minutes ago, opengeo said:

I sure hope that leaked video last week isn’t real. Very underwhelming. 

Leak? Of controller and console design?

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Leak? Of controller and console design?

No...this.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, Mike030270 said:

It was leaked. I'll put it in spoiler tags

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, all that video did was show off a black version of the controller and show a rendition of the console... while also claiming the new console plays all the past generation discs

since we already know what the controller shape/design/layout looks like.... the only "new” stuff in that is a look at a console and claiming backwards compatibility. I can’t see what issue you (or anyone) would have with backwards compatibility... and the look of the console ultimately doesn’t matter (tho it’s hilarious to bash on they trashboxes tower design) and what was shown in the video didn’t look bad or aesthetically displeasing in any way

The console design in the leaked video is totally meh and I’m now reading they won’t be showing it off in detail today... just games. 

So happy that amazon price was denied by Sony. That was insane to have it $760

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

So happy that amazon price was denied by Sony. That was insane to have it $760

I spent $600 on a PS3 in 2006 dollars.... adding bluray and it being the best media player (connecting USB drives with .avi and .mp4 files on them to play bootleged movies, best Netflix and other App implementation on any platform for the life of that console, etc), built-in wifi, and able to play alllll previous generation game disks.

If in 2020, at the value of the dollar then, with SSDs, other technological advancements, and the ability to play PS1-2-3-4 discs as claimed in that FB video shared on here, $760 would be 100% justifiable IMO. 

24 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I spent $600 on a PS3 in 2006 dollars.... adding bluray and it being the best media player (connecting USB drives with .avi and .mp4 files on them to play bootleged movies, best Netflix and other App implementation on any platform for the life of that console, etc), built-in wifi, and able to play alllll previous generation game disks.

If in 2020, at the value of the dollar then, with SSDs, other technological advancements, and the ability to play PS1-2-3-4 discs as claimed in that FB video shared on here, $760 would be 100% justifiable IMO. 

Who are you kidding. If sony asked you for $35,000 you would pay it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Who are you kidding. If sony asked you for $35,000 you would pay it.

no this is false

• Haha 1