Playstation 5

opengeo

22 hours ago, What The F said:

Price, release date and preorder rumored to all announced around 3am eastern time tonight. 

BAN! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

BAN! 

Don't ban the messenger!

• 4 weeks later...

that new(ish) Norman Reedus Death Stranding game is $17.99 on Best Buys "deal of the day" so I just hit the order button on that.

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

that new(ish) Norman Reedus Death Stranding game is $17.99 on Best Buys "deal of the day" so I just hit the order button on that.

It's ambitious and well-made, but for me, ultimately, it was too complicated and hard to get into.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:22 PM, opengeo said:

It's ambitious and well-made, but for me, ultimately, it was too complicated and hard to get into.

seems to me like a game I would only be able to get into post break up or while bed ridden with mono/COVID. The vastness of that game just seems overwhelming to me and something I would only attempt to take on in one of those aforementioned scenarios where time is not an issue. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I git an email from Sony that I can enter my name and have a chance at being picked to preorder the PS5 and apparently that is the way they are going to handle preorders 

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So I git an email from Sony that I can enter my name and have a chance at being picked to preorder the PS5 and apparently that is the way they are going to handle preorders 

From direct.  There will still be store options.  

It's smart. Requiring a psn to sign in and pre-order a chance at a pre-order.  This way they can actually be sure they're giving them to actual players.  There's also limits on what you can purchase.

It came to my promotion folder and luckily just happened to see it.

20 minutes ago, Machine said:

From direct.  There will still be store options.  

It's smart. Requiring a psn to sign in and pre-order a chance at a pre-order.  This way they can actually be sure they're giving them to actual players.  There's also limits on what you can purchase.

It came to my promotion folder and luckily just happened to see it.

Oh ok I wasn't sure exactly what was going on there. Either way I registered and hopefully I get picked. I registered with GameStop as well to notify me when they are accepting preorders. 

I think PlayStation may be giving regular PSN members first dibs at launch release consoles. 

9 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I think PlayStation may be giving regular PSN members first dibs at launch release consoles. 

Yeah it's also a good way to limit resellers from buying them all up.  This way it is actually associated with a psn account in which they can tell if you're active to weed out bots. It's pretty smart.

I signed up for that, but I’m sure it’s only going to their hardcore gamers of which i am not lol. 

I saw a snippet somewhere earlier that said the prices hasnt even been announced yet. True? If so, who would preorder something they have no idea of the cost of?? 

1 hour ago, What The F said:

I saw a snippet somewhere earlier that said the prices hasnt even been announced yet. True? If so, who would preorder something they have no idea of the cost of?? 

Bossass pimps like me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, What The F said:

Yes no prices were leaked. I'm sure once they actually launch the preorders they will announce the price with it. Also you can just cancel the pre order if it costs to much. 

Anyone preordering it most likely don't give a damn how much it costs lol. I know I don't 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You will know price before actually pre-ordering. This is just a chance to pre-order direct.

21 hours ago, Machine said:

Yeah it's also a good way to limit resellers from buying them all up.  This way it is actually associated with a psn account in which they can tell if you're active to weed out bots. It's pretty smart.

And also limits grabbing new market share of people jumping from Xbox/PC to PS5. 

32 minutes ago, Mat said:

And also limits grabbing new market share of people jumping from Xbox/PC to PS5. 

There will still be store options. 

2 hours ago, Machine said:

There will still be store options. 

i hate that when switches came back for the first time in 5 months, best buy knows all my info so when i try to buy a second its like "nah brah, we know you just got one" 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Hope they have all black PS5's when they launch.  Not feeling that black & white color mix.

black systems matter 

• Haha 1

I am thinking about getting the new PS5 for the single player games. 

Do I have to be online to play these games, guessing so? And do I have to have a paid subscription to play them? 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I am thinking about getting the new PS5 for the single player games. 

Do I have to be online to play these games, guessing so? And do I have to have a paid subscription to play them? 

No and no.  But as with anything else, you wouldn't get any updates if not online.  My ps4 is hooked up to wifi because it's only for updates.  My xbox is hard wired because I play multiplayer there.

12 minutes ago, Machine said:

No and no.  But as with anything else, you wouldn't get any updates if not online.  My ps4 is hooked up to wifi because it's only for updates.  My xbox is hard wired because I play multiplayer there.

That is what I figured but didn't know how PS worked with their online play

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Online play historically did not require a subscription. That may be different now, or may be controlled by individual publishers. 

the trophy’s may be linked to online servers. Trophy’s are like post count on PlayStation 

54 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You need to be a PS Plus member to play online.  You also get discounts and free games every month.

During the PS3 days online was free.  But since the PS4 came out you need PS plus to play online.  Its $60 for a year.  You can get it for 1 month and 3 months but a year is better value.

Not sure if things will change when the PS5 comes out.

• Like 1