Nick Sirianni - will the Eagles go far with him?

Procus

Will the Eagles advance far with Nick Sirianni as head coach?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Eagles advance far with Nick Sirianni as head coach?

• Yes - he's a good coach for the team
    • No - he's not seasoned enough
    • Maybe - depends on the roster

I’m curious to see what he can do with a competent QB before I form an opinion. 

• Like 11

So hard to have an opinion on him because of how much Howie is involved in his roster decisions.

Agree with Eagle Joe, you cant judge him till he has a real QB under center. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Agree with Eagle Joe, you cant judge him till he has a real QB under center. 

He has this years MVP under center

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

:roll:  

Did you see those 10 rushing tds last year? No reason why he can't go for 14 or 15 this year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Did you see those 10 rushing tds last year? No reason why he can't go for 14 or 15 this year

Sanders got zero running TDs, but Hurts can still soak up all the running TDs from Scott (7), Gainwell (5), and Jordan Howard (3).

5 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Sanders got zero running TDs, but Hurts can still soak up all the running TDs from Scott (7), Gainwell (5), and Jordan Howard (3).

The Eagles just got better in the run game. You go out and get a guy like Brown who can block downfield after Hurts sees his first read is covered and he tucks it and runs. He'll crack 1k rushing yards. Sanders is expendable. Might as well flip him at the deadline

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So much is dependent upon the roster.  Trading for Stafford won the Rams a SB.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 8:10 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m curious to see what he can do with a competent QB before I form an opinion. 

It really depends on what he does with Hurts

He adjusts, players like him, he’s willing to say he was wrong, he maximized our talent last year, and I don’t see him butting heads with Howie. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It also depends on what Hurts does w Hurts.  Pete Carrol was just an average coach until Seattle drafted Russell Wilson.  Belichick didn't make any noise until Brady became the starter and didn't make any real noise after Brady left NE.  Look at the Rams with Stafford.  Same with the Bengals and Burrow.

1 minute ago, Procus said:

It also depends on what Hurts does w Hurts.  Pete Carrol was just an average coach until Seattle drafted Russell Wilson.  Belichick didn't make any noise until Brady became the starter and didn't make any real noise after Brady left NE.  Look at the Rams with Stafford.  Same with the Bengals and Burrow.

Yes. If Hurts sucks then Nick should pull the plug and look at what Strong can do. Or even Minshew

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Or maybe it depends on what Lowie will allow him to do with Hurts.

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

He adjusts, players like him, he’s willing to say he was wrong, he maximized our talent last year, and I don’t see him butting heads with Howie. 

Exactly.  The Hurts thing has been debated endlessly at will resolve itself by the end of the season, at the latest, so let's focus on Coach.

He's much different than any coach since Vermeil.  He doesn't believe in hard, physical practices and doesn't put much emphasis on OTAs or preseason games.  Most of the starters will barely see the field until week one.  He's much more thoughtful and new-agey than any coach I can think of.  And year 2 is an important year for a head coach.  Doug won the Super Bowl in his second year so the bar is set high. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

If he can work a miracle, sure, but since most of us have a low opinion of Hurts to begin with, it’d be unfair to judge Siri based on Hurts’ development alone if he doesn’t become much more than what he is now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procus said:

The Rams made it to the SB without Stafford though, and were pretty competitive with Goff. They didn't go from a joke of a team to contenders simply due to a QB change. 

as far as Sirianni, it depends on whether Hurts and the Eagles defense improves.  

• Like 3

He sucks at making midgame adjustments...but i guess neither did Doug or Andy.

At least he knows how to play to the teams strengths. 

Everything we saw last year was encouraging. I don't know how we could see it any other way. Were there some issues? Yeah but he was a rookie HC with a not very good roster and a QB entering his first year as the starter. I think he showed enough for us to be hopeful that he's a good coach. Doesn't mean he's going to win the SB or anything but I think he showed a lot. 

• Like 1

He's a definitive downgrade from Doug, but until he has a fair shot with a legit QB, it's hard to write him off.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

He's a definitive downgrade from Doug, but until he has a fair shot with a legit QB, it's hard to write him off.

I mean do we know that at this point? Doug didn't have a great first year but he showed some things. Then towards the end it started to go off the rails.

On 7/19/2022 at 10:10 PM, opa-opa said:

He sucks at making midgame adjustments...but i guess neither did Doug or Andy.

At least he knows how to play to the teams strengths. 

Really? Cause I’d say mid-game adjustments was one of the biggest STRENGTHS last year. 

Total first half points: 169

Total second half points: 257

• Like 2