Reagor traded to Vikings for a 7th and cond 4th.

Portyansky

The Reagor pick was a disaster but i can kind of understand it. Howie saw in him a potential DJax and he always wanted another speedster WR. But it turned out to be a huge blunder since they still didnt have a true #1 WR and Reagor wasnt gonna fill that role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

As much criticism as Howie gets the guy can turn trash into something. That's a steal. TWO draft picks for that waste of space?

It’s just too bad it came at the expense of a 1st rd pick.  The very second the pick was announced I was like WTF?!!!  I knew it was going to be a huge mistake.  Let’s just hope he learned a valuable lesson from this egregious error … if he avoids that level of stupidity in the future then water under the bridge.  

7 hours ago, b_west3 said:

Watch him go off on us on MNF here in a few weeks 😂

I would like for you to come back to this thread and eat crow if that doesnt happen......

16 minutes ago, eggs said:

Good point. So, I guess we save $1.8 MM this year and $2.4 MM next year. 

That’s a $1.8M dead money hit to this year’s cap.  There was likely a cap savings realized in the process as well … I just don’t know what that was.

52 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I would like for you to come back to this thread and eat crow if that doesnt happen......

It...was...a...joke...

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

8 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

It...was...a...joke...

As others have posted, 2 catches for 17 yards would be considered going off for Reagor

10 hours ago, LacesOut said:

The Eagles Punt Returner will be……..

Getting Greg Lewis opening day flashbacks against the Packers... Make it stop 😫

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, EagleVA said:

The post was about being a homer, homers don't listen, it's always good to listen and decide if there's any truth to what you've heard, but no, it's all about the "lol" on this site by the homers.

Maybe, just maybe, if all the fans would have been as outspoken as I was  about those two scrubs they wouldn't have lasted so long taking up valuable roster spots.

Right, because team management makes decisions based on what the fans say. 

Most fans hated Reagor from day one. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, opa-opa said:

The Reagor pick was a disaster but i can kind of understand it. Howie saw in him a potential DJax and he always wanted another speedster WR. But it turned out to be a huge blunder since they still didnt have a true #1 WR and Reagor wasnt gonna fill that role.

I remember one of the theories, for some reason, was that Justin Jefferson was only a slot receiver. And we already had Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert getting most of the targets in the middle of the field. The belief was Reagor’s outside speed would complement that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LacesOut said:

The Eagles Punt Returner will be……..

I'd rather put no one back to return punts and just play it as it lands vs having Reagor back there with a 30% chance of muffing it or losing yards.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, opa-opa said:

100% Exactly right. He tried to replace DJ, instead of taking the better player. Big time mistake.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Infam said:

This is the funniest thing I’ve read. People just need to stop making deals with Howie. 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

100% Exactly right. He tried to replace DJ, instead of taking the better player. Big time mistake.

JJAW for Jeffery too. He’s been trying to recreate that SB vibe with his receivers since that point. Big guy on one side speedster on the other side. When he drafted Reagor he really went all in on speed and only one guy worked out and that’s Quez.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

As much criticism as Howie gets the guy can turn trash into something. That's a steal. TWO draft picks for that waste of space?

The problem is that he drafted "trash" in the 1st round.  So it's definitely not a positive that we traded a 1st rounder for a 7th round pick two years later.  It is a colossal, catastrophic failure. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

The problem is that he drafted "trash" in the 1st round.  So it's definitely not a positive that we traded a 1st rounder for a 7th round pick two years later.  It is a colossal, catastrophic failure. 

Technically it is a 7th rd pick 2 years later and a 4th or 5th 3 years later.  But I agree ... I stated the same above that it is just too bad that this came at the expense of a recent 1st round pick.  If he never makes another mistake this huge again then I guess we move on and try to forget about it.  He has been drafting better lately but I won't be convinced until we get a few more under our belts without any egregious drafting mistakes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Technically it is a 7th rd pick 2 years later and a 4th or 5th 3 years later.  But I agree ... I stated the same above that it is just too bad that this came at the expense of a recent 1st round pick.  If he never makes another mistake this huge again then I guess we move on and try to forget about it.  He has been drafting better lately but I won't be convinced until we get a few more under our belts without any egregious drafting mistakes.  

That's fair and I agree.  I feel like Howie is such a polarizing figure that most people just pick one extreme or the other (loving or hating him).  To me his strength has always been cap stuff and free agency/trades, and kind of average/mediocre at drafting. 

I was just poking a little fun at people patting Howie on the back for this.  This is like someone investing 100k into a business, and then selling that investment for 10k two years later and telling them good job buddy lol...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, time2rock said:

It’s just too bad it came at the expense of a 1st rd pick.  The very second the pick was announced I was like WTF?!!!  I knew it was going to be a huge mistake.  Let’s just hope he learned a valuable lesson from this egregious error … if he avoids that level of stupidity in the future then water under the bridge.  

I think we all said WTF, as everyone with half a brain in their head was expecting Jefferson to be the choice.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, time2rock said:

JJAW, Mack Hollins, Reagor, and Smith were some kind of overzealous Scorched Earth Howie was doing at the WR position. Very bizarre for us to spend so many expensive assets on the position in such a small window, in addition to the DJax contract, the Alshon contract, Torrey Smith, Marquis Goodwin, Golden Tate, Mike Wallace… hopefully AJ brown cools that down for a few years.

I am of the mindset that Howie should stick exclusively to lineman in the first round. They’re better value, and every year we need at least one. His history of Brandon Graham, Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox, Derek Barnett, Jordan Davis, Andre Dillard isn’t perfect, but at least he has a better grasp of what will work out longterm.

I agree with no 1st round LBers, disagree with no 1st round safeties, but am completely content with going trenches year after year after year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

JJAW, Mack Hollins, Reagor, and Smith were some kind of overzealous Scorched Earth Howie was doing at the WR position. Very bizarre for us to spend so many expensive assets on the position in such a small window, in addition to the DJax contract, the Alshon contract, Torrey Smith, Marquis Goodwin, Golden Tate, Mike Wallace… hopefully AJ brown cools that down so a few years.

I am of the mindset that Howie should stick exclusively to lineman in the first round. They’re better value, and every year we need at least one. His history of Brandon Graham, Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox, Derek Barnett, Jordan Davis, Andre Dillard isn’t perfect, but at least he has a better grasp of what will work out longterm.

I agree with no 1st round LBers, disagree with no 1st round safeties, but am completely content with going trenches year after year after year.

Add no 1st round RBs to that list too (at least IMHO).  I agree that best value likely comes with linemen in the 1st (unless a QB is needed).  Shouldn't need to use a high pick on a WR for the foreseeable future (**knock on wood**).  Another position I would be open to using a 1 on is CB if an elite talent is there (especially armed with 2 of them next year ... if a QB is not needed, that is).  We do have a long term need there considering Bradberry is (currently) only signed for 1 year and Slay is starting to get long in the tooth.  He had a great year last season but how long can we reasonably expect him to play at that level considering he is 31 now before the drop off starts?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Add no 1st round RBs to that list too (at least IMHO).  I agree that best value likely comes with linemen in the 1st (unless a QB is needed).  Shouldn't need to use a high pick on a WR for the foreseeable future (**knock on wood**).  Another position I would be open to using a 1 on is CB if an elite talent is there (especially armed with 2 of them next year ... if a QB is not needed, that is).  We do have a long term need there considering Bradberry is (currently) only signed for 1 year and Slay is starting to get long in the tooth.  He had a great year last season but how long can we reasonably expect him to play at that level considering he is 31 now before the drop off starts?  

If I needed one badly, I would just trade that 1st for a handful of 2’s and 3’s and go duck hunting for WRs. The odds of hitting on 1 of many day 2 picks are better than hitting on a first rounder (unless taken as high as DeVonta). Basically what Pittsburgh does.

Like this year we could have had Treylon Burks, or… Christian Watson + George Pickens + Jalen Tolbert.

Just looking at the nfl today, Adams was not a first rounder, Tyreek wasn’t, Keenan Allen wasn’t, Kupp wasn’t, DK wasn’t, AJ wasn’t, Michael Thomas wasn’t… that’s most of the top 10 guys

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

That's fair and I agree.  I feel like Howie is such a polarizing figure that most people just pick one extreme or the other (loving or hating him).  To me his strength has always been cap stuff and free agency/trades, and kind of average/mediocre at drafting. 

I was just poking a little fun at people patting Howie on the back for this.  This is like someone investing 100k into a business, and then selling that investment for 10k two years later and telling them good job buddy lol...

I think it’s more like he invested 10k in ten investments, 8 prosper beyond expectations and the other two got at least 1k back when it looked like all is lost.

But hey, i’ve been in the pro-Roseman column all along.

• Like 1