Reagor traded to Vikings for a 7th and cond 4th.

Portyansky

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I think it’s more like he invested 10k in ten investments, 8 prosper beyond expectations and the other two got at least 1k back when it looked like all is lost.

But hey, i’ve been in the pro-Roseman column all along.

Yeah I mean the idea that Roseman has an 80% success rate I think is a little naive and optimistic.  But to each their own. 

38 minutes ago, Arthur Jackson said:

I hear Reagor's already a frontrunner for offensive player of the year

Cousins said he could smell the COVID vaccine on him the moment he got off the plane. He’s not seeing the ball all year

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

JJAW, Mack Hollins, Reagor, and Smith were some kind of overzealous Scorched Earth Howie was doing at the WR position. Very bizarre for us to spend so many expensive assets on the position in such a small window, in addition to the DJax contract, the Alshon contract, Torrey Smith, Marquis Goodwin, Golden Tate, Mike Wallace… hopefully AJ brown cools that down for a few years.

I am of the mindset that Howie should stick exclusively to lineman in the first round. They’re better value, and every year we need at least one. His history of Brandon Graham, Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox, Derek Barnett, Jordan Davis, Andre Dillard isn’t perfect, but at least he has a better grasp of what will work out longterm.

I agree with no 1st round LBers, disagree with no 1st round safeties, but am completely content with going trenches year after year after year.

Graham, Johnson and Cox were all drafted when Big Red had final say on all football matters and Howie was contracts only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Graham, Johnson and Cox were all drafted when Big Red had final say on all football matters and Howie was contracts only.

Reid wasn't even here when we drafted Johnson. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Reid wasn't even here when we drafted Johnson. 

My bad, I've shifted everyone back a year. 

Yeah Johnson was Chippers first year, where Howie gets credit for the good picks and all the bad ones are Kelly's fault.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Yeah Johnson was Chippers first year, where Howie gets credit for the good picks and all the bad ones are Kelly's fault.

I've heard opposite on that one . Either way point taken. 

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Pretty sure mostly everyone thinks the Chippah wanted Dion Jordan that year. Frankly I blame the crappy personnel decisions on Chip during that time, but I did think Howie belonged in the basement too.

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Pretty sure mostly everyone thinks the Chippah wanted Dion Jordan that year. Frankly I blame the crappy personnel decisions on Chip during that time, but I did think Howie belonged in the basement too.

If I had to guess, Kelly didn't have final say over the draft picks that first year.  It seems likely Chip started having an influence over some of the picks the following year ... Matthews seemed like a Chip pick and most certainly Huff was.  I'd bet they both wanted someone other than Smith in round 1 (that ended up being a desperation pick made by Howie) but probably didn't agree on who and how to get him ... when that failed is probably what led to the start of the head butting between the two with Kelly demanding full control over personnel and the trip to the basement office for Howie the following year.  

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

If I had to guess, Kelly didn't have final say over the draft picks that first year.  It seems likely Chip started having an influence over some of the picks the following year ... Matthews seemed like a Chip pick and most certainly Huff was.  I'd bet they both wanted someone other than Smith in round 1 (that ended up being a desperation pick made by Howie) but probably didn't agree on who and how to get him ... when that failed is probably what led to the start of the head butting between the two with Kelly demanding full control over personnel and the trip to the basement office for Howie the following year.  

The draft you are referring to was kind of the one that sealed Howie’s fate. That was the one that pretty much put Howie in the basement. The 2015 draft was all Chip where he was rumored to have tried to give everything up for Mariota. Chip went ballistic in 2014 when Howie didn’t get him any of the guys he wanted in the first round. Howie assumed at least one of them would fall, but he was wrong. He panicked, traded down,  and took Marcus Smith. Not saying that  Smith was a good player, but it was obvious from the start that Chip hated that dude and forced him to do everything that he wasn’t good at to prove a point. The 2013 draft was kind of collaborative, but you could see there were differences in the beliefs. Chip wanted Jordan, but Howie thought he would fall, but the Dolphins moved up to take him. He was obviously Chip’s choice. At the time Lane was considered the lesser of the three tackles, but he turned out to be better than the other guys. The 2014 draft was a sheet show, that Kelly used to dump Howie in hopes to get his man in 2015. Just thinking about this trade and that idiot Kelly reminded me that he forced the Eagles hand so badly on Jackson that Howie got more for this bum Reagor than he did for Jackson after a career season. Chip Kelly was the WORST! 

On 9/1/2022 at 10:22 AM, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

The problem is that he drafted "trash" in the 1st round.  So it's definitely not a positive that we traded a 1st rounder for a 7th round pick two years later.  It is a colossal, catastrophic failure. 

Well yeah. Jefferson was the obvious pick. But time has started to heal the wound for me. I like our WR room.

On 8/31/2022 at 10:19 PM, time2rock said:

It’s just too bad it came at the expense of a 1st rd pick.  The very second the pick was announced I was like WTF?!!!  I knew it was going to be a huge mistake.  Let’s just hope he learned a valuable lesson from this egregious error … if he avoids that level of stupidity in the future then water under the bridge.  

Agreed. I hate we don't have Jefferson but I like what we have now so whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

Here’s another one for tomorrow,  JJAW standing next to DK…

Didn't Seattle release Jjaw?

2 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

last i had heard they signed him to the practice squad 

Correct. 

18 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Get out Reagor it's not safe!

getoutcover.jpg

Makes you wonder if the eagles took Jefferson if the Vikings were taking Reagor. 

On 9/12/2022 at 8:27 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Makes you wonder if the eagles took Jefferson if the Vikings were taking Reagor. 

Completely different FO and coaching regime in there now.