GDT: Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles 9-19-22, 8:30 PM EST - on ABC

EagleJoe8

32 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Next week is the real test.

A trap game.

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Time to start shopping Minshew, we won’t be needing him anymore.

SF maybe? Tennessee?

You don't remember the Super Bowl year.... KEEP a good backup at all times.

12 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Slay had more catches than Reagor 😎

In fairness, he had more drops than Raegor too though.  😎

Some of y’all were happier to see a bum not make the Eagles than you were to see your starting quarterback put on a show tonight. :whistle:

32F8A13A-B9E2-45D8-B331-BD0C56F9AB5F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Time to start shopping Minshew, we won’t be needing him anymore.

SF maybe? Tennessee?

Minshew was never going to be better than Hurts, but a team needs a competent backup in case of injury.   I'd like to see players like Tyree Jackson slotted in as a QB3.   It seems like in the NFL, things often take a long time to happen.   It seems completely logical that guy who won a preseason game at QB for the Bills in 2019 could be QB3 if he's on the roster as a TE.   Tyree's entire football background was at QB.  He does have that so excellent size, speed and RAS of a TE so they're making him a TE.  Backup QBs have minimal value on the field.  TEs who are playing have more value.  Greg Ward, Britain Covey, same basic thing.  If Minshew had to go in there,  you might want to add some of Hurts running.   In a goal line situation,  I'd rather have Tyree than Minshew. 

3 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Minshew was never going to be better than Hurts, but a team needs a competent backup in case of injury.   I'd like to see players like Tyree Jackson slotted in as a QB3.   It seems like in the NFL, things often take a long time to happen.   It seems completely logical that guy who won a preseason game at QB for the Bills in 2019 could be QB3 if he's on the roster as a TE.   Tyree's entire football background was at QB.  He does have that so excellent size, speed and RAS of a TE so they're making him a TE.  Backup QBs have minimal value on the field.  TEs who are playing have more value.  Greg Ward, Britain Covey, same basic thing.  If Minshew had to go in there,  you might want to add some of Hurts running.   In a goal line situation,  I'd rather have Tyree than Minshew. 

Appreciate the thoughts towards Tyree but that just won't happen. They'd have Book in there ahead of him.

7 minutes ago, Eagz said:

Appreciate the thoughts towards Tyree but that just won't happen. They'd have Book in there ahead of him.

I would think they'd have Book in there ahead of him too.  But in part I'm thinking longish term, he's in his second year so he's cheap through year 4.   This is something he can work on for something in the future.

That was a great game all round, never looked like losing, the offense looked great, and the defense kept Jefferson and Cook quiet. Some godawful reffing (The PI on Smith when he avoided contact and the ineligible receiver on Seumalo when he wasn't even 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage were embarrassing) stopped it being an absolute blow out.

Great performance. Couldn't really ask for much more.

Slay owned kirk and jettas.

Nice game from hurts, much better passing, and those TD runs were very impressive, showed immense strength.

That tackle from siposs was so important.

Great defense except for the score, where they looked like 3rd stringers. 

Can't believe neither team scored in the 2nd half. 

Hurts was awesome. Some of his reads were freakishly good. Where did that come from? The next step will be consistency. 

17 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

Hurts was awesome. Some of his reads were freakishly good. Where did that come from? The next step will be consistency. 

Indeed.  And yes, he needs to start becoming consistent to prove he can be "the guy" moving forward.  But off to a good start to the season for him.  

1 hour ago, ThinkGreen said:

The one minor gripe I have is they seemed to take their foot off the gas in the second half. Play calls were much more conservative. I understand they had a nice lead and were trying to put together long, time-consuming drives, but I’d rather see them stay aggressive until the last 8-10 minutes before worrying too much about the clock. 

Other than that though, I can’t find anything to complain about much. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Indeed.  And yes, he needs to start becoming consistent to prove he can be "the guy" moving forward.  But off to a good start to the season for him.  

The guy is in his third year and for the first time since HS he’s in the same offense. Some of this is about maturity and some is about development. 

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The guy is in his third year and for the first time since HS he’s in the same offense. Some of this is about maturity and some is about development. 

+1 for not saying "in his second full year as a starter" ... that seems to trigger some people :lol:

6 hours ago, BayAreaLennie said:

In fairness, he had more drops than Raegor too though.  😎

A lot more targets as well

8 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

This game was as good as it gets, realistically. The flags in the 1st qtr were agitating.

Expected a much tighter game. So glad Slay shut jefferson up, as did Hurts of his doubters. At least for another week.

Dline and oline much improved. 

Gonna go out on a limb and give TJ Edwards some love

A dominant performance. Impressive victory. I was concerned about this game for nothing. 

Now lets roll into to Washington and defeat the Commanders!!!

1 hour ago, nipples said:

The one minor gripe I have is they seemed to take their foot off the gas in the second half. Play calls were much more conservative. I understand they had a nice lead and were trying to put together long, time-consuming drives, but I’d rather see them stay aggressive until the last 8-10 minutes before worrying too much about the clock. 

Other than that though, I can’t find anything to complain about much. 

Yep. Hurts said as much in his post game interview. He just played at an elite level, in a big game, against a good team and still isn't satisfied. Got a like that. 

4 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Gonna go out on a limb and give TJ Edwards some love

Him and Epps were giving out a lot of hits 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

+1 for not saying "in his second full year as a starter" ... that seems to trigger some people :lol:

Aikman said it last night, and I'm sure it triggered some fans 😄

Archived