Saints draft pick watch

Procus

N.O. currently 1-1.  Kamara was out last week and they lost.  He's still hurt.  Winston hurting with back and ankle injuries

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/21/jameis-winston-also-has-an-ankle-injury/

Jameis Winston also has an ankle injury

Posted by Charean Williams on September 21, 2022, 5:37 PM EDT

Saints coach Dennis Allen said earlier in the day that Jameis Winston was limited in Wednesday’s practice. Winston injured his back in the season opener.

But the practice report revealed Winston also has an ankle injury.

Winston downplayed his injuries after practice, saying "a lot of guys are playing with something.”

Winston has four fractures in his back, and whether he’s really "feeling good” as he insists or not, the quarterback is making no excuses.

"I’m feeling. . . . My main goal is to find a way to get better every day, whatever it is with my body, whether it’s conceptionally, as a leader,” Winston said, via video from the team. "Like I’m trying to find a way to get better every single day. That doesn’t stop no matter the circumstances.”

Cornerback Paulson Adebo (ankle), running back Alvin Kamara (rib), right tackle Ryan Ramczyk (elbow), receiver Tre'Quan Smith (shoulder), tight end Taysom Hill (rib), safety Marcus Maye (rib), fullback Adam Prentice (shoulder) and receiver Deonte Harty (foot) also were limited.

I said all offseason that I think that pick will be top 10. Not seeing anything so far to change my mind. 

Whether Winston is healthy or not, he’s a bad QB. Puts up yards and TDs but throws just as many to the opposing team. 

Anyone who thought they wouldn’t decline this year clearly didn’t think very highly of Sean Payton as a head coach. Because I don’t see how you can say Payton is an amazing coach, and then not believe the team will be worse without him. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nipples said:

I said all offseason that I think that pick will be top 10. Not seeing anything so far to change my mind. 

Agreed. It is a shame they won Week one especially after being down so much... But ultimately they narrowly beat a very bad Falcons team. 

I remember a QB trying to play with fractures in his back with a SB MVP as his backup.

What ever happened to that guy?

All I know is the SB MVP took the team from 5-6 to an Alshon blunder away from a possible NFCCG.

• Like 2

If the Panthers can manage to beat the short handed Saints that would be very helpful for our draft pick. 

On 9/22/2022 at 7:19 AM, nipples said:

Saints were a trendy pick to be a good / playoff team this year, though.  I'm kind of with you, winston has always been just an average QB and Sean Peyton is gone.  I see this as an 8 or 9 win team, nothing more.  Top-10 would be fantastic, but I feel like that's a stretch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

If the Panthers can manage to beat the short handed Saints that would be very helpful for our draft pick. 

Saints were a trendy pick to be a good / playoff team this year, though.  I'm kind of with you, winston has always been just an average QB and Sean Peyton is gone.  I see this as an 8 or 9 win team, nothing more.  Top-10 would be fantastic, but I feel like that's a stretch.

Yeah its a 2nd or 3rd place team in an average division.

Here's a hypothetical dilemma.  Suppose the Eagles ball out this season and run away with the division and lock up top seed in the conference.  Saints are second to last game on the schedule.  Do the Eagles play second stringers, or do they play full strength?

Michael Thomas and Javaris Landry both got banged up today. No idea how serious.

Kamara pulled off a really rare dual threat feat of fumbling on a run and on a reception.

The Panthers have more TDs on Kamara touches than the Saints so far this year.

• Like 1

I think I read the pick stands at 6 currently. They will probably win a bunch of meaningless games late in the year to push it to around the 12 mark 

1 hour ago, Mat said:

I think I read the pick stands at 6 currently. They will probably win a bunch of meaningless games late in the year to push it to around the 12 mark 

Hover around the top 10 mark and I'll be happy

So we are looking at what, #7 from them right now.

Damn shame this happened week 1.  We could really be sitting pretty

J6bANOt.png

49 minutes ago, Procus said:

He was given the day off and is expected to practice tomorrow.

7 hours ago, paco said:

He was given the day off and is expected to practice tomorrow.

Good more interceptions to be thrown!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 4:29 PM, Procus said:

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/26/2023-nfl-draft-order-saints-trade-eagles-picks-news/

The Saints picked a bad year to trade their first round draft pick

I'm sure if Hurts plays like he does AND the Saints fall off the charts the Eagles will be very happy to give it back to them.....

....for a super-steep price!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/29/jameis-winston-michael-thomas-out-of-practice-for-second-straight-day/

Jameis Winston, Michael Thomas out of practice for second straight day

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 29, 2022, 9:35 AM EDT    

When Saints quarterback Jameis Winston missed practice with a back injury yesterday, both he and coach Dennis Allen said he’d likely return to the practice field today. He didn’t.

According to multiple reporters on the scene in London, where the Saints are playing a "home” game on Sunday, Winston wasn’t present for the portion of practice open to the media. Andy Dalton was quarterbacking the first-string offense, and Taysom Hill was taking some snaps at quarterback as well.
Lions' Jamaal Williams penalized for Key & Peele "Hingle McCringleberry" TD dance - ProFootballTalk

Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas wasn’t on the practice field either, his second consecutive day missing practice as well.

The Saints have several injuries to key players on offense right now, but three injured players — receiver Jarvis Landry, right tackle Ryan Ramczyk and guard Andrus Peat — all participated in practice.

It’s unclear whether Winston and Thomas will play on Sunday against the Vikings.

I think they will be better with Dalton at QB so if Winston can start that would be great 

7 hours ago, Mat said:

I think they will be better with Dalton at QB so if Winston can start that would be great 

You could be right.