Saints draft pick watch

Procus

4 hours ago, Procus said:

Probably not a reasonable assumption

The Saints are awful. That pick is going to be a good one and will most likely fall in the 5 to 12 range. I'd say it is going to be top 10 at worst

4 hours ago, Mat said:

The Saints are awful. That pick is going to be a good one and will most likely fall in the 5 to 12 range. I'd say it is going to be top 10 at worst

They are not "awful" - their QB, star RB and others were out for the game against the Vikings in London, and they came within a double doink of pulling it off.  Kamara should be back this week.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Procus said:

They are not "awful" - their QB, star RB and others were out for the game against the Vikings in London, and they came within a double doink of pulling it off.  Kamara should be back this week.

Agreed. I have always viewed them as a 6 to 10 win kind of team, with the hope that they don’t sneak into the playoffs and win games to make the pick even worse. It’s cool to imagine them sucking all year long and limping to a 4-13 mark, but I find that a bit far fetched.

• Like 1

People act like Winston coming back is a good thing for the saints lol. 5 interceptions in not even a full 3 games says otherwise. 

The Saints will be lucky to go 2-6 from November through New Years. Ravens, Steelers, Rams, 49ers, Bucs, Falcons, Browns, Eagles

Their games before that are not exactly cake walks. Seattle, Cincy, Arizona(with Hopkins), Vegas.

They only have one easy game on the entire schedule and its week 18 vs a Panthers team that already beat them.

Football Outsiders has them as the 22nd best team with the 9th hardest remaining schedule.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What team in their right mind hires a head coach that never won more than 4 games during a season in his earlier stint?

• Like 1

They'll be awful again next year and the 2024 second rounder will practically be a first... I hate the Saints it feels even better to root against them knowing we have their first 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

They'll be awful again next year and the 2024 second rounder will practically be a first... I hate the Saints it feels even better to root against them knowing we have their first 

Do we have their second round pick in 2024? Jeez Howie really did take them to the cleaners.

2-5…  honestly the only games I see on their remaining schedule that they are at least 50/50 to win are Oakland, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Carolina and Atlanta(who knows with divisional games those). 

I think they lose to: Ravens, Rams, Niners, Bucs, Eagles. 

I’m betting they finish 6-11 at best. They’ll drop at least one of the toss-up games, if not more. Pittsburgh has a chance to beat them as Pickett gets more comfortable, and the division games could always go either way.   

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 8:40 AM, Procus said:

Nah, they're awful.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do we have their second round pick in 2024? Jeez Howie really did take them to the cleaners.

Yeah we gave them our first last year for their first in 2023 and their second in 2024... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Yeah we gave them our first last year for their first in 2023 and their second in 2024... 

Didn't we get a 3rd in 2022 as well that we used to trade up for Jordan Davis?

55 minutes ago, Procus said:

I think we got more than the 1 and 2 I just don't remember what 

3 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Looks better and better and better doesn't it!

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Looks better and better and better doesn't it!

I would think if we can secure some key guys who are due to be free agents next year and we can have another solid draft this should be a team that contends consistently 

• Like 1

Just now, Aspiritfall said:

I would think if we can secure some key guys who are due to be free agents next year and we can have another solid draft this should be a team that contends consistently 

Oh no doubt. The big challenge Howie has is the sheer number of FAs especially on defense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh no doubt. The big challenge Howie has is the sheer number of FAs especially on defense. 

Personally id like to see them keep the dbs together and if we can't retain lbs its unfortunate but we have Nakobe... I want the defense built in the draft... 

I found it very easy to root against the Saints in the past because of their d-nozzle HC. 

Now it’s easier to root against them so the Birds draft pick gets higher.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2022 at 11:11 AM, Procus said:

On 10/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, Aspiritfall said:

I think we got more than the 1 and 2 I just don't remember what 

Eagles Gave
#16, #19, #194

Saints Gave
#18, #101, #237

1st round pick

2nd round pick

Of the 2022 saints picks:
#18 - AJ Brown
#101 - AJ Brown
#237 - Traded to Detroit with #188 for 181th (Kyron Johnson)

To get Jordan Davis we traded: #15 (From Miami), #124 (ours), #162 (ours), and #166 (Zach Ertz)