Saints draft pick watch

Procus

I saw the score when it was 16-3 and thought that the Ain'ts were going to win and screw up our pick, glad to see they lived up to their abilities though... lol

Unfortunately they happen to have an easy schedule most of the rest of the way:

1. Atlanta - they should win that one

2. at Browns - they should win that one too, but perhaps a loss

3. at Philly - that'll be an L

4. Carolina - they'll win that one

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Vee said:

Nothings easy for the Saints. They're a bad team. They could just as easily lose out.

That finish was insane. The Raiders are freaking awful

• Like 1

Rams are still ahead of the Saints due to:

Wins tie break over Los Angeles based on head-to-head win percentage.

But since they are tied, passing them (well, Detroit) is now in play.  I'll take it.

Strength of schedule is the first tiebreak, so one specific game (Saints beating the Rams) doesn’t really come into play. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Strength of schedule is the first tiebreak, so one specific game (Saints beating the Rams) doesn’t really come into play. 

That's...... not true.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory in all games.
  6. Strength of schedule in all games
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paco said:

Those are the tie-breaking procedures for making the playoffs. They are not the same for draft sequence. The first tiebreak for draft sequence is strength of schedule. If two teams (or more) are tied, you add up the wins of all the teams you played that year. Whoever had the lower number picks first. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Those are the tie-breaking procedures for making the playoffs. They are not the same for draft sequence. The first tiebreak for draft sequence is strength of schedule. If two teams (or more) are tied, you add up the wins of all the teams you played that year. Whoever had the lower number picks first. 

Edit:

It looks like I misread this and didnt take the bolded into account. Good call.:

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, or ties still exist between teams of different conferences, ties will be broken the following tie-breaking method:

1. Head-to-head, if applicable
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)
  3. Strength of victory in all games
  4. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games
  5. Best net points in all games
  6. Best net touchdowns in all games
  7. Coin toss

Cards, Panthers, Jags, Rams and Saints all currently havs the same win total. Colts also do but have the tie. So the Saints division being sheety I assume helps us here

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mat said:

Cards, Panthers, Jags, Rams and Saints all currently havs the same win total. Colts also do but have the tie. So the Saints division being sheety I assume helps us here

And looking at the upcoming opponents, they still have 3 out of 4 games against crappy opponents.

Falcons    5-8
Browns    5-7
Eagles    11-1
Panters    4-9

For giggles, here is what the Rams have left:

Packers    5-8
Broncos    3-9
Chargers    6-6
Seahawks    7-5

On 12/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, Vee said:

Falcons I actually have running the table and winning the NFC South at 9-8.  ATL-NO is a highly underrated rivalry and the Saints have fallen apart.

at Browns: Cleveland looking to get right for next year with Watson, who will have a couple more games under his belt.  Another L

at Eagles: If the Eagles win this and next week, they will have wrapped up the #1 seen and MIGHT give the Saints a chance here if they rest everyone or only have the starters play a series or two to stay sharp (and Gardner Minshew is probably the best backup QB in the league).

Panthers: Carolina is getting to where Panthers-Bucs might actually be Sunday Night Football on New Year's Night (Rams-Chargers MUST be flexed out because the Chargers are already maxed on national TV games). .Another L.

Eagles could wind up with the #2 pick in the 2022 draft. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Are we still at 5?

Yeah, if Arizona loses to New England, the two of them will be tied at 4-9 though.  Cardinals beat the Saints in the regular season, so I would guess that Saints win a tie?

The Rams also are at 4-9 and still play at Green Bay (L), Denver (W), @Chargers (L), @Seattle (L)...so I think Rams end the season at 5-12.

24 minutes ago, Vee said:

Yeah, if Arizona loses to New England, the two of them will be tied at 4-9 though.  Cardinals beat the Saints in the regular season, so I would guess that Saints win a tie?

The Rams also are at 4-9 and still play at Green Bay (L), Denver (W), @Chargers (L), @Seattle (L)...so I think Rams end the season at 5-12.

Ish. I'm rooting for the Cards because I took them in a work pool. That's ok. They'll lose next week

3 hours ago, Vee said:

If the Cards and Saints have the same record at the end of the season, the Saints have the higher draft slotting since the Cards beat the Saints

3 hours ago, Procus said:

If the Cards and Saints have the same record at the end of the season, the Saints have the higher draft slotting since the Cards beat the Saints

Ties in the draft order are broken by strength of schedule, not by head to head. This is unlike playoff tiebreaks. So any specific game result does not matter unless the first tiebreak is also tied.

• Like 3