OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

Similar to what we did last year, creating a thread to track the 1st rd picks we are projected to receive in the 2023 NFL draft (the pick from NO in addition to our own).  I will update the first post weekly (or if any other moves are made that impact draft position such as trades, etc.). I will use the site https://www.tankathon.com/nfl to track the picks.

Sep 22, 2022

8 – from NO

31 – our own

[NOTE: based on record ... there are 6 teams with a 2-0 record (NYGiants, Buffalo, Philly, Miami, TB, KC) ... and SOS, Buffalo should be picking 32 due to the highest SOS (0.529), with Miami at 31 (0.515), and Philly at 30 (0.500); the other 3 teams are below 0.500)]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sep 27, 2022

7 – from NO

*31 – our own

*NOTE: our pick would be 31 since Miami's own pick is forfeited due to the tampering charges

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oct 4, 2022

4 – from NO

*31 – our own

Oct 11, 2022

9 – from NO

*31 – our own

Oct 18, 2022

5 – from NO

*31 – our own

Oct 25, 2022

4 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 1, 2022

8 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 8, 2022

6 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 15, 2022

4 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 22, 2022

10 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 29, 2022

6 – from NO

*31 – our own

Dec 6, 2022

5 – from NO

*31 – our own

Dec 13, 2022

5 – from NO

*31 – our own

Dec 20, 2022

9 – from NO

*31 – our own

Dec 27, 2022

10 – from NO

*31 – our own

Jan 3, 2023

10 – from NO

*31 – our own

Jan 9, 2023

10 – from NO (LOCKED)

*31 – our own (TBD based on playoffs)

• Like 5

A little early to do this, don't you think?

The Saints beat an 0-2 Falcons team and lost to 2-0 Bucs... I feel like we can't determine what team the Saints are yet. Tankathon also has 1-1 Jags and Packers in the Divisional round of the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, toolg said:

A little early to do this, don't you think?

The Saints beat an 0-2 Falcons team and lost to 2-0 Bucs... I feel like we can't determine what team the Saints are yet. Tankathon also has 1-1 Jags and Packers in the Divisional round of the playoffs.

I thought it was kinda fun to track the picks as the season progressed last year.  Started the thread last year in November.  Thought I'd start it earlier this year, that's all.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I thought it was kinda fun to track the picks as the season progressed last year.  Started the thread last year in November.  Thought I'd start it earlier this year, that's all.  

It was a good idea to start; We can follow the ebb and flow all season.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That's fine. At this point, the Eagles could get a Top 10 pick from the Saints. Or the Saints could play the Eagles for the NFC Championship, so they're picking #30 and #32. Any outcome is possible. :lol:

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

That's fine. At this point, the Eagles could get a Top 10 pick from the Saints. Or the Saints could play the Eagles for the NFC Championship, so they're picking #30 and #32. Any outcome is possible. :lol:

Hmm, unless they fix their QB situation I’m not sure that’s a possible outcome. Jameis has looked much worse than when he had Sean Payton working on him. Per EPA, the Saints have the worst passing attack in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

As long as ours is 32, could care less about NO. 🤣🤣

Would be nice to affirm Hurts is the guy AND have a high pick that someone will trade the house for to get a QB

I knew they had 2 but I honestly forgot who I needed to root against 😂. Hopefully New Orleans tanks and they can get a top 10 pick.

Actual lol if the Saints/Winston’s interceptions somehow gift us Will Anderson.

• Thanks 1

zkAqhzB.jpg

Raiders obviously aren’t staying at 1, but it’s a tale for any team that ends up in the top 3 that already has a QB: they’ll almost certainly trade that pick for a kings ransom. 

Also, Atlanta almost certainly goes QB if they remain this high, even though they drafted one last year.

This means we’re currently on pace for the 3rd-4th best non-QB in the draft, making one of the monster DE’s a real possibility.

With NO losing on Sunday their pick slots at 7.  :flex:

They travel to London this week to take on Minnesota.  Go Vikings!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

With NO losing on Sunday their pick slots at 7.  :flex:

They travel to London this week to take on Minnesota.  Go Vikings!  

SKOLL!

• Haha 1

AgcnFjm.jpg

Houston, Carolina, Indy are 100% taking QBs if they end up top 3.

Almost no chance Detroit, SF, NE, or LV are higher than us by January.

We’re gonna get a top-3 non-QB with the Saints’ brutal schedule:

Seahawks 50/50

Bengals L

Cardinals L

Raiders L

Ravens L

Steelers 50/50

Rams L

49ers L

Buccaneers L

Falcons W

Browns /w Watson L

Eagles LoL

Panthers 50/50

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

AgcnFjm.jpg

Houston, Carolina, Indy are 100% taking QBs if they end up top 3.

Almost no chance Detroit, SF, NE, or LV are higher than us by January.

We’re gonna get a top-3 non-QB with the Saints’ brutal schedule:

Seahawks 50/50

Bengals L

Cardinals L

Raiders L

Ravens L

Steelers 50/50

Rams L

49ers L

Buccaneers L

Falcons W

Browns /w Watson L

Eagles LoL

Panthers 50/50

Oh wow, I haven't looked at their schedule before. That's a good outlook for us unless if they pull some magic out of their asses.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Oh wow, I haven't looked at their schedule before. That's a good outlook for us unless if they pull some magic out of their asses.

I thought the same last year … until Miami rattled off 8 wins in their last 9 games.  NO’s schedule is tougher than Miami’s 2021 schedule though.

• Like 1

We should trade down and get picks. Keep building that war chest.

• Like 1

Just now, matchew88 said:

We should trade down and get picks. Keep building that war chest.

Why?  How often do you expect to be in the position to get a top-notch prospect. 

Take the 10-rated player.  Don't trade down for 9's and 8's.

That said, our own pick would be a nice trade piece.  Plenty of teams would want trade back up into the late first round to get that 5th-year option.

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Why?  How often do you expect to be in the position to get a top-notch prospect. 

Take the 10-rated player.  Don't trade down for 9's and 8's.

That said, our own pick would be a nice trade piece.  Plenty of teams would want trade back up into the late first round to get that 5th-year option.

If we get 2 more first round picks to trade to the teens, because of a hot QB market, its worth it.

• Like 1

At the conclusion of week 4, we would hold the 4th overall pick (from NO) and 31 (since Miami forfeits their pick due to tampering charges).

I see quite a few sources saying we would hold the 3rd pick, but in looking at the SOS of those teams currently with 1-3 records, it would be #4.

image.png.7254272769f8e95d92d2d60b2eebb50a.png 

First post updated.

PS...not to be a stickler...but when we win the Super Bowl, the Eagles would pick 31st, not 32nd.  Miami lost its 1st Round pick.....just sayin'!!! LOL