OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

8 hours ago, Infam said:

Was nice dreaming about a crazy high pick, but #10 for a team like us is pretty awesome.

Two first round picks regardless where they’re selecting is nice. I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t think Howie’s done yet. The Eagles are going to be moving around the board trying to get talent, and more future picks.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Two first round picks regardless where they’re selecting is nice. I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t think Howie’s done yet. The Eagles are going to be moving around the board trying to get talent, and more future picks.  

Howie is predictable, yet finds a ays to surprise us every year even if it's for stupid sheet lol 

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Howie is predictable, yet finds a ays to surprise us every year even if it's for stupid sheet lol 

Remember this time last year, we had no cap room and there was no way Howie would be able to do anything........good times!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

And more picks in this year's draft since we don't have any in rounds 4-6 currently.  I don't think there is any way Howie waits until the final round to make his next pick after day 2 concludes.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Both Stroud, Young and Levis are available at 5 for the seahawks and then 2 are left over for the Lions at 6...you think both teams are passing? 

Remember. Dolphins are forfeiting their pick, so our 31 becomes 32..WOOT WOOT LOL

Geno Smith threw for over 4000, yards 30 touchdowns, completed nearly 70% of his passes, and led his team to the playoffs. You replacing that production for a rookie Quarterback? 
Goff also threw for over 4000, had 29 touchdowns, and led the Lions to their first winning record in 5 years. Can you say any of the young quarterbacks will be able to do that? Also Goff is only 28 with plenty of football years left. 

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

And more picks in this year's draft since we don't have any in rounds 4-6 currently.  I don't think there is any way Howie waits until the final round to make his next pick after day 2 concludes.  

Yep. I don’t see Howie not trying to obtain as many picks as he can over the next couple of drafts. They need young players and replacements. He’s going to make moves for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

So wait, You'd have a 31Million dollar a year Goff over Stroud, Levis or Young?

Contracts in he NFL can always be restructured. All I’m saying is it’s going to be very difficult to try and convince these fanbases or a coach like Pete Caroll to hit the rebuild button now. The Lions could invest in getting another quarterback or they could invest in improving their defense. 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I was almost sure we'd trade back, but 10 has a bit of allure to it.. we might even pick someone there again.

30 minutes ago, Infam said:

I was almost sure we'd trade back, but 10 has a bit of allure to it.. we might even pick someone there again.

I agree its the second pick that will be dealt i predict 

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I agree its the second pick that will be dealt i predict 

That will depend largely on a qb being available that a team wants. Fifth year options are valuable in those cases since qb salaries are insane. The Raiders and Falcons make sense as teams with decent second rounders who may want to get pick 31 for the fifth year option. 

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

That will depend largely on a qb being available that a team wants. Fifth year options are valuable in those cases since qb salaries are insane. The Raiders and Falcons make sense as teams with decent second rounders who may want to get pick 31 for the fifth year option. 

But what do you get?  A future 1st and maybe their 2nd?  More?  Less?

4 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

But what do you get?  A future 1st and maybe their 2nd?  More?  Less?

We received the 52nd, 124th and a future second for picks 32 and 132 when the Ravens traded with us for Lamar.

So if the Raiders want to move up seven spots, we can maybe get a future third or their fourth rounder this year. 

On 1/9/2023 at 4:37 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Did you really just unnecessarily quote that entire page long post only to make a mistake in not knowing there are only 31 picks this year?

nope

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Just for reference. 

A trade for #10 has gotten #15,  #79 and #152 a couple years back in 2018

A trade for #10 got the Broncos #20 and #52 in 2020

Not inclined to take either deal. Get a blue chipper

• Like 1

Ultimately defensive and offensive lines are the main priorities for this team as they need to replenish both, so I see Howie loading up in the next few years to go with some move up and drawn the next two years at least. 

Qb always gets overdrafted. I see three going top ten: stroud young and levis

leaves 7 guys to build our board

only offensive guy on this theoretical board would be skonronski

six defenders: carter anderson murphy and texas tech DE are automatic

two more…not sure i have ringo in there yet 

We were considered to have had the superior regular season over KC as our opponents won more games, so the best our second 1st-round pick can be is 29th

24 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

We were considered to have had the superior regular season over KC as our opponents won more games, so the best our second 1st-round pick can be is 29th

In that case, "best" is a relative term. I think picking 29th would be the worst possible scenario.

I just got done looking at several mocks that were put out today and pretty much every single one has them taking a DE or CB at 10, and Gibbs with the late pick. I have a feeling they will keep the 10th pick and trade down into the late 30's/early 40's with the second pick.