OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

1 hour ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Does Carolina's win help our cause?

It doesn’t immediately, because the Panthers have a lower strength of schedule, so if the Saints lose both teams will be 3-7 with the Panthers getting the tie-breaker for the 5th pick. But still helps long term obviously because it increases the chances of the Panthers passing the Saints in the standings obviously. 

So this weekend we want Pittsburgh to beat the Saints, obviously. I can’t decide if we want the Lions or Bears to win that matchup. A Lions win would put them at 3-6, and I believe that would drop them behind the Saints (if the Saints lose), but would also put the Bears at 3-7.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:26 PM, Diehardfan said:

5 possible wins

Sure it’s possible. I’m betting they only win 3 more though. And I expect a loss to Pittsburgh this weekend. Steelers have had two weeks now to sit and stew over that Eagles whooping and to prepare for the Saints game. 

I’m pretty sure if the Steelers, Lions, and Raiders all win, the Saints pick goes up to 4th. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Sure it’s possible. I’m betting they only win 3 more though. And I expect a loss to Pittsburgh this weekend. Steelers have had two weeks now to sit and stew over that Eagles whooping and to prepare for the Saints game. 

I’m pretty sure if the Steelers, Lions, and Raiders all win, the Saints pick goes up to 4th. 

Right now the pick from NO sits at 6.  If the Steeler, Lions, and Raiders all win (and Saints lose),  those 3 teams would move past NO due to a better win% and therefore that pick from NO would move up to 3 (behind only Houston and Carolina).  

29 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Right now the pick from NO sits at 6.  If the Steeler, Lions, and Raiders all win (and Saints lose),  those 3 teams would move past NO due to a better win% and therefore that pick from NO would move up to 3 (behind only Houston and Carolina).  

:drool::drool:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Not this week.  It would IF the Saints lose this weekend (@Pittsburgh) and lose next weekend (Rams at home) AND the Panthers win next weekend (@Baltimore).  The latter seems unlikely (but stranger things have happened).  

1 hour ago, nipples said:

It doesn’t immediately, because the Panthers have a lower strength of schedule, so if the Saints lose both teams will be 3-7 with the Panthers getting the tie-breaker for the 5th pick. But still helps long term obviously because it increases the chances of the Panthers passing the Saints in the standings obviously. 

So this weekend we want Pittsburgh to beat the Saints, obviously. I can’t decide if we want the Lions or Bears to win that matchup. A Lions win would put them at 3-6, and I believe that would drop them behind the Saints (if the Saints lose), but would also put the Bears at 3-7.

A Lions win putting them at 3-6 would slot them after NO (*if NO loses to Pittsburgh) due to having a better win% (0.333 vs 0.300).  Chicago losing to put them at 3-7 (and same record as NO ... again, should NO lose) would still draft after NO based on having a higher SOS (0.559 vs 0.473).  So a Detroit win helps us more.  

29 minutes ago, time2rock said:

A Lions win putting them at 3-6 would slot them after NO (*if NO loses to Pittsburgh) due to having a better win% (0.333 vs 0.300).  Chicago losing to put them at 3-7 (and same record as NO ... again, should NO lose) would still draft after NO based on having a higher SOS (0.559 vs 0.473).  So a Detroit win helps us more.  

True but I'm trying to think in terms of which of those teams I "trust” more to keep losing after that matchup hah. 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Not sure we can depend on McDaniels doing us a favor? He and his players certainly flopped when they visited the Superdome 😡

14 minutes ago, nipples said:

True but I'm trying to think in terms of which of those teams I "trust” more to keep losing after that matchup hah. 

Let’s just hope NO keeps losing.  [**fingers crossed**]

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eagz said:

Not sure we can depend on McDaniels doing us a favor? He and his players certainly flopped when they visited the Superdome 😡

Well they’re playing the Colts who appear to be an even bigger mess at the moment.  Normally I’d root for the Colts over the Raiders (can’t stand the Raiders) … just not this weekend.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Well they’re playing the Colts who appear to be an even bigger mess at the moment.  Normally I’d root for the Colts over the Raiders (can’t stand the Raiders) … just not this weekend.  

True, although Jeff Saturday will be puffing his chest come Sunday hoping to make an instant impression. Agree though, think the Raiders should have this

4 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

No.  We need to ensure that either TB or Atlanta win the division.  It would suck if the NO pick ended up #19.

We shouldn't get greedy.  Picking sixth after Houston, LV, Carolina, Detroit, and Pittsburgh would be an outstanding outcome.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, Connecticut Eagle said:

No.  We need to ensure that either TB or Atlanta win the division.  It would suck if the NO pick ended up #19.

We shouldn't get greedy.  Picking sixth after Houston, LV, Carolina, Detroit, and Pittsburgh would be an outstanding outcome.

That NFCS is a mess, but I'd still be surprised if TB didn't win the division.  Ending up with the 6th overall pick would obviously be great and I'd be stoked with that.  But while the possibility still exists for the 4th or 3rd overall pick even, I'm going to hope for all outcomes that lead to that.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Howie Highway Robbery again :roll:

• Like 1

A couple pieces of seemingly good news as it relates to the Steelers-Saints game on Sunday:

TJ Watt is expected to be activated and play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/11/t-j-watt-says-hell-play-against-saints-i-feel-very-very-good-about-the-week-ive-had/

Saints rule out 5 players including Marshon Lattimore, Mark Ingram, Andrus Peat, Erik McCoy, and Pete Werner while 4 others are questionable (Marcus Davenport, Marcus Maye, PJ Williams, Tanoh Kpassagnon).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/11/jarvis-landry-will-play-but-saints-rule-out-five-players-and-list-four-as-questionable/

23 minutes ago, time2rock said:

A couple pieces of seemingly good news as it relates to the Steelers-Saints game on Sunday:

TJ Watt is expected to be activated and play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/11/t-j-watt-says-hell-play-against-saints-i-feel-very-very-good-about-the-week-ive-had/

Saints rule out 5 players including Marshon Lattimore, Mark Ingram, Andrus Peat, Erik McCoy, and Pete Werner while 4 others are questionable (Marcus Davenport, Marcus Maye, PJ Williams, Tanoh Kpassagnon).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/11/jarvis-landry-will-play-but-saints-rule-out-five-players-and-list-four-as-questionable/

:towel::towel:

• Like 1

After the 1pm window.  LV jumps over NO with a win.

image.png.4bc509204461b6739adf816ad6f5ed2b.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Raiders look like even more of a disaster than the colts. They aren’t winning

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

So many teams with 3 teams. Not much separating us having a top-3 pick vs #14

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Raiders look like even more of a disaster than the colts. They aren’t winning

:smoke:

8 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Focus on the losses.

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

it is a literal S$*t show in the bottom half of the league.