OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

It’s still a good thing the colts won. By all accounts, they’re expected to be one of the worst teams so any wins they pull out are extremely beneficial.

Its probably more likely the Raiders go on a run at the end of the year than Indy does. LV winning Would have helped our pick in November, but not necessarily in April

3 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

So many teams with 3 teams. Not much separating us having a top-3 pick vs #14

Plenty of season left, that will start to spread out a bit.

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

It’s still a good thing the colt lost. By all accounts, they’re expected to be one of the worst teams so any wins they pull out are extremely beneficial.

Its probably more likely the Raiders go on a run at the end of the year than Indy does. LV winning Would have helped our pick in November, but not necessarily in April

Yeah, I was thinking it might be good long term if the Colts win. They are going to lose the next 5 starting with the Eagles. I don't see many more wins for the Raiders though either. Maybe the Steelers?

4 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

So many teams with 3 teams. Not much separating us having a top-3 pick vs #14

Yeah, it's crazy how much of a drop 1 win could give them.

It is sweet to think about a top 5 pick. It's even sweeter since it's the Saints' pick. I have really developed an intense dislike of their team the last few years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YubaEagle said:

It is sweet to think about a top 5 pick. It's even sweeter since it's the Saints' pick. I have really developed an intense dislike of their team the last few years.

Even sweeter when the cowboys lose 😂😂

• Like 1

Tonight's game won't have any further impact on the current positioning ... we'll have our own pick at 31 (due to Miami having forfeited their pick) and that from the Saints which is currently slotted at 4.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Even sweeter when the cowboys lose 😂😂

That meltdown was so f'ing sweet yesterday!

I've seen two drafts now mocking a wide receiver to us in the first, even though we have Smith and Brown locked up through 2024 and another year of Watkins.

• Like 1

One of the rare times I give kudos to our Pennsylvania neighbors to the West, the Pittsburgh Steelers, but well-deserved kudos to the Steelers for defeating the Saints and putting us back in position to get The Terminator, Will Anderson Jr. 

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I've seen two drafts now mocking a wide receiver to us in the first, even though we have Smith and Brown locked up through 2024 and another year of Watkins.

I swear the people that do mocks pay zero attention to current needs, drafting history (e.g. continually mocking LBs or safeties to us in the 1st round), etc.  

• Like 3

Thank you Pittsburgh.  

Thank you Detroit.

Their wins pushed that pick from NO back up to 4, as expected.  

Post #1 updated.  

Oh and F you Las Vegas (again)!  RAIDERS SUCK!

Let's hope the Rams take care of business on Sunday and hand NO another L.

A win by Carolina would be nice too (may be a tall order for them to go into Baltimore and come away with a W but stranger things have happened ... like the WFT beating the Eagles last night <_<).

And a win by the Raiders over Denver would be nice.  

A win by Carolina couple with a loss by NO would move that pick up to 3.  A Raiders win wouldn't immediately impact the order - they'd still be picking ahead of NO based on SOS but it would set them up to fall below NO with another W (and NO loss).  

I am pretty sure the game plan last night was to allow WFT to beat us to give them some distance from NO so as not to get into the conversation of potentially picking higher.  

On 11/14/2022 at 10:22 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

I'll gladly admit that DE/DT/CB/S are all bigger needs.

That said going with another first (maybe traded down?), plus Brown and Smith - putting Watkins at #4 and Pascal at #5... sounds awesome to me.

Maybe Smith-Njigba drops to our second first or close to it?

5 hours ago, Infam said:

I'll gladly admit that DE/DT/CB/S are all bigger needs.

That said going with another first (maybe traded down?), plus Brown and Smith - putting Watkins at #4 and Pascal at #5... sounds awesome to me.

Maybe Smith-Njigba drops to our second first or close to it?

what do you think of Josh Downs from UNC?

DT is obviously our biggest need so far. There's no reason we should have to rely on the rookie Davis to make our run defense respectable. I wouldn't be opposed to an edge rusher either but we can get to the QB if Gannon dials up the pressure. 

Never seen a team put so much resources into one position and it's still mediocre and still a big need. This turned out like every year people say our floor is going to dominate..  they dont

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

With these 2 signings it's no doubt we going DT with our top 5 Saints pick

Could just as easily be DE.  It depends on who's there.  I do think it'll be somewhere along the DL.  The second 1st Round pick may also be a DL.

37 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

Could just as easily be DE.  It depends on who's there.  I do think it'll be somewhere along the DL.  The second 1st Round pick may also be a DL.

They might not double dip in the first round, but I would bet that two of their first three picks are defensive linemen.

On 11/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, Heavywchamp said:

With these 2 signings it's no doubt we going DT with our top 5 Saints pick

Still could be DE and we go DT later or in FA. Barnett, Quinn, and Graham all potentially leaving

Stafford is cleared to play! Gives the Rams a chance at least.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

Saints Win. 

Their win pushes that pick all the way down to 10.  Need wins from both the Steelers and Broncos to move that back up to 8.  

Before SNF.  Teams haven't played the same number of games, so focus on the losses and SoS.  

image.png.fa952c913e76cd9e9f759e9c80a3e128.png