OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

On 10/18/2022 at 12:11 AM, Connecticut Eagle said:

Chargers win...Cleveland's strength of schedule improves...the Saints pick moves back to #5.

image.png.69604d2321571e4a0acdcf8c6b4c7da0.png

Rooting strategy....it's not very likely that the Panthers get to a better record than the Saints'...so it's best that they have a horrible record that weakens the Saints' SOS...a weaker SOS moves the Saints' pick up, as it's the first tie breaker.  Root against the Panthers (not that hard).

Seems like everyone on this list above the Eagles could use a new quarterback. Carr might be the exception, but perhaps the Raiders think it could be time to move on from him. Kind of feels like we are still good to get the guy we want. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Seems like everyone on this list above the Eagles could use a new quarterback. Carr might be the exception, but perhaps the Raiders think it could be time to move on from him. Kind of feels like we are still good to get the guy we want. 

Pittsburgh is currently ahead of that NO pick in the draft order too ... they just drafted Pickett so they won't be taking a QB.  Sure hope Baltimore takes care of business tonight ... otherwise that adds a lot more teams not needing QBs ahead of that pick.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, time2rock said:

Pittsburgh is currently ahead of that NO pick in the draft order too ... they just drafted Pickett so they won't be taking a QB.  Sure hope Baltimore takes care of business tonight ... otherwise that adds a lot more teams not needing QBs ahead of that pick.  

In any case I can’t help but to wonder if Howie will just trade back for more picks anyway. He’s been doing a lot of pick piling lately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

In any case I can’t help but to wonder if Howie will just trade back for more picks anyway. He’s been doing a lot of pick piling lately. 

I'd imagine if they aren't in position to get the guy they do want they will move back. With a contract looming for hurts they will need all the draft picks they can get to keep filling spots on the cheap. 

• Like 1

image.png.d81af5bb5be8eedbd39a39d5b7375fe2.png

Remaining schedule...

image.png.de830d33b814421fe3dbd87430507e8a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's kind of a weird distribution of home vs away games. Thus far, the Saints have had six games at home and only three on the road. 

4 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

5 possible wins

Hard to see them losing to clearly tanking Carolina at the end. Two very winnable games next. Sadly if they win both, they will be right in the mix for their division. If they somehow lose one or both we can start really thinking about a top 10 and maybe even top 5 pick.

Come on Steelers...do us a solid....beat the Saints and would push the Saints behind them!  I want a top 5 pick from the Saints.....can't stand that organization.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Knowing Howie, I do think that is what we are likely going to see, especially considering we currently do not pick again after round 3 until round 7 (we have no picks in rounds 4-6).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Knowing Howie, I do think that is what we are likely going to see, especially considering we currently do not pick again after round 3 until round 7 (we have no picks in rounds 4-6).  

Only way I see them staying at that pick is if there’s a premium pass rusher. Otherwise, hopefully, there’s a QB available teams will want to trade up for.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Come on Steelers...do us a solid....beat the Saints and would push the Saints behind them!  I want a top 5 pick from the Saints.....can't stand that organization.

Yea Brees and Payton ruined 3 post seasons for us and then there was that bish in the "f the eagles" shirt from the 07 playoff game. Screw them 

Thank you Baltimore.  

Thank you Tampa Bay.

Thank you Jacksonville.

Their wins pushed that pick from NO back up to 6, as expected.  

Post #1 updated.  

Let's hope the Steelers take care of business on Sunday and hand NO another L.

Also need the Lions to build on that W over GB this past weekend and extend their win streak to 2 by beating Chicago.

A win by the Raiders over the Colts wouldn't hurt either (they currently have a slightly lower SOS ... 0.472 to 0.473 for NO but their win% would be better so it would push them past NO).  

With wins by the Steelers, Lions, and Raiders, that pick should move up to 3 by this time next week.  **Fingers crossed**

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

43 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I think a lot depends on who is there. If the pick ends up in the 6-10 range and a premier Edge rusher or CB (eg Murphy or Ringo) is available then I think we stay put. 

Can then potentially trade down and add 4-6 round picks with our other first or second round pick.

I'm cautiously optimistic but got burned by Dolphins run last year.  While the Eagles are so good I hate to get disappointed by watching 2 bad teams play and not getting the outcome I hoped for

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic but got burned by Dolphins run last year.  While the Eagles are so good I hate to get disappointed by watching 2 bad teams play and not getting the outcome I hoped for

Yeah, the Saints always screw the Eagles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

The Eagles are likely to be net losers in free agency, so they may end up getting a couple of picks in that currently empty 4th to 6th round range as compensation.  And Howie rarely has a top 10 first round pick and when he does he doesn’t usually move down … if anything he moves up.  Since 2001, their only top 10 picks have been Devonta (moved up to 10), Wentz (moved up to 2) and Lane (stayed at 4).

25 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

The Eagles are likely to be net losers in free agency, so they may end up getting a couple of picks in that currently empty 4th to 6th round range as compensation.  And Howie rarely has a top 10 first round pick and when he does he doesn’t usually move down … if anything he moves up.  Since 2001, their only top 10 picks have been Devonta (moved up to 10), Wentz (moved up to 2) and Lane (stayed at 4).

Good point about Howie rarely trading a top 10 pick (although if the pick from NO ends up being say 3 or 4, he could trade down and still pick in top 10).  But being net losers in free agency wouldn’t yield comp picks until 2024.  

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Good point about Howie rarely trading a top 10 pick (although if the pick from NO ends up being say 3 or 4, he could trade down and still pick in top 10).  But being net losers in free agency wouldn’t yield comp picks until 2024.  

You are right about the timing of compensation picks.

i would just add though that the anticipation of receiving those picks could loosen up the Eagles current 2024 draft picks to be used in a trade in the 2023 draft.  E.g., if a player they like is dropping through round 4 and 5 of the 2023 draft, they could package a 2024 pick or two to go get him, knowing they are likely to replace those picks with 2024 compensation picks.  So they don’t necessarily need to trade down with a first round pick ahead of time to land players in that 4th to 6th round range.

Don’t forget that the Eagles traded the 6th overall pick to Miami to move down to 12.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

You are right about the timing of compensation picks.

i would just add though that the anticipation of receiving those picks could loosen up the Eagles current 2024 draft picks to be used in a trade in the 2023 draft.  E.g., if a player they like is dropping through round 4 and 5 of the 2023 draft, they could package a 2024 pick or two to go get him, knowing they are likely to replace those picks with 2024 compensation picks.  So they don’t necessarily need to trade down with a first round pick ahead of time to land players in that 4th to 6th round range.

I saw this mentioned elsewhere that Howie could also trade the later 1st (our own) to add more picks to days 2 and 3.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I saw this mentioned elsewhere that Howie could also trade the later 1st (our own) to add more picks to days 2 and 3.

Yup.  That's the play. 

Get a stud at the top of the first and then trade out of the bottom of the first.  Other teams will want to trade back into the first round for that fifth-year option.  Also, given that we won't be flush with cap space, avoiding another first-round rookie salary would be helpful.

• Like 2