Jaylen Waddle (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY MIAMI #6

QBhunter58

Yeah i know we got speed now and we have other needs but I just like watching him with the ball in his hands. #Weapon

• 1 month later...

How many Jaylens can a team have before getting cut off by the league?

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 1:33 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

How many Jaylens can a team have before getting cut off by the league?

Is watkins still floating around training camp?

47 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Is watkins still floating around training camp?

Last I knew, I thought he was with the Chargers. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If Devonte Smith is not available then this might be the guy to go with after a trade down. LSU's Chase is a solid WR but there are some questions about his athleticism (speed) that need to be answered before spending a 1st on him.

The way Jaylon Waddle eats separation is ridiculous. If Chase runs a 4.5 then the upside to drafting Waddle might make him a better choice.

https://youtu.be/OsVqL4ZbKWE

Waddle has a Antonio Brown look to him hopefully without the karazee.

2 hours ago, rstarter said:

If Devonte Smith is not available then this might be the guy to go with after a trade down. LSU's Chase is a solid WR but there are some questions about his athleticism (speed) that need to be answered before spending a 1st on him.

The way Jaylon Waddle eats separation is ridiculous. If Chase runs a 4.5 then the upside to drafting Waddle might make him a better choice.

https://youtu.be/OsVqL4ZbKWE

Same concerns were had with Justin Jefferson and then well... we know what happened.

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Chase > Smith > Waddle

This

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

JJ Arcega-Whiteside >>>> Chase > Smith > Waddle

fixed your post

• Haha 2

I don't see the allure, tbh.  Not in the 1st round, anyway....nowhere near the stats needed in college to deserve 1st round attention, imo.

I love when everyone thinks we will even have teams wanting to trade up with us at number 6 and give up the capital needed to get there. Like its just a given all teams will be standing in line to move up with the Eagles, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

For me it's still Smith > Waddle > Chase.

What is it in Chase you don’t like?! 

I don’t know how he’ll test at the combine but until he really disappoints there, he’s handsdown the best receiver in the class. 

He doesn’t have real flaws IMO. He might not be 6’2” or has blazing speed but he’s tough, physical, sturdy build, has adequate speed, good route runner and put up even better numbers than Smith in 2019. What’s not to like? I don’t see it! He has 25 lbs on Smith, probably comparable speed and is more physical at the catch point and at greating YAC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

What is it in Chase you don’t like?! 

I don’t know how he’ll test at the combine but until he really disappoints there, he’s handsdown the best receiver in the class. 

He doesn’t have real flaws IMO. He might not be 6’2” or has blazing speed but he’s tough, physical, sturdy build, has adequate speed, good route runner and put up even better numbers than Smith in 2019. What’s not to like? I don’t see it! He has 25 lbs on Smith, probably comparable speed and is more physical at the catch point and at greating YAC.

I just don't see it with this guy. Not saying he is garbage, but out of three good WRs, he is the third for me. 

Why? I think he is slow, and I think his contested catch ability won't translate well either. So what does he have the others don't? Just his weight? Pff..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Infam said:

I just don't see it with this guy. Not saying he is garbage, but out of three good WRs, he is the third for me. 

Why? I think he is slow, and I think his contested catch ability won't translate well either. So what does he have the others don't? Just his weight? Pff..

I don’t get you, man! Chase isn’t the No.1 receiver on 99 out of 100 boards for nothing.

Look I want to see those guys in action at the combine before I’ll come to a final conclusion but at this point he’s the clear cut No.1 receiver on my board.

I also don’t think he’s way slower than Smith and because of his frame and strenght better at making the contested catches.

Agree to disagree...

37 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I don’t get you, man! Chase isn’t the No.1 receiver on 99 out of 100 boards for nothing.

Look I want to see those guys in action at the combine before I’ll come to a final conclusion but at this point he’s the clear cut No.1 receiver on my board.

I also don’t think he’s way slower than Smith and because of his frame and strenght better at making the contested catches.

Agree to disagree...

Indeed, agree to disagree. That all the boards have him at 1 (not even true anymore, winning the Heisman really helped Smiths stock) doesn't convince me.

I think he will be way slower than Smith. And can we agree that sitting out the season isn't great either?

That said, I have been good predicting the WRs that will be good, not so much at who is going to be bad (I hated Jefferson too...), so there is that.

17 minutes ago, Infam said:

Indeed, agree to disagree. That all the boards have him at 1 (not even true anymore, winning the Heisman really helped Smiths stock) doesn't convince me.

I think he will be way slower than Smith. 

That said, I have been good predicting the WRs that will be good, not so much at who is going to be bad (I hated Jefferson too...), so there is that.

Maybe his combine will win you over, maybe his results turn a lot off. We’ll see.

As for Jefferson; he was my favorite receiver of the whole class last year but most boards had him at No.4. This year I agree with the boards; Smith and Chase are neck on neck. It’s just preference based on fit, scheme etc but Smith’s frame scares me a bit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Maybe his combine will win you over, maybe his results turn a lot off. We’ll see.

As for Jefferson; he was my favorite receiver of the whole class last year but most boards had him at No.4. This year I agree with the boards; Smith and Chase are neck on neck. It’s just preference based on fit, scheme etc but Smith’s frame scares me a bit.

Not gonna lie, I always wanted the bulkier receivers (or RB, or TE for that matter..) too. But you can't look at Smith and not feel like he will be a star imo.

I think you rated Jeudy and Lamb higher too if I remember right? I do remember you really liked Jefferson though.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Not gonna lie, I always wanted the bulkier receivers (or RB, or TE for that matter..) too. But you can't look at Smith and not feel like he will be a star imo.

I think you rated Jeudy and Lamb higher too if I remember right? I do remember you really liked Jefferson though.

I was trying to be realistic at the time and never thought we had a shot at Lamp and Jeudy but always thought Jefferson was right up there.

Over a year ago I was on the Waddle bandwagon for the Eagles; he looks like a better prospect than Henry Ruggs IMO.  At that time, though, I assumed the Eagles would be picking around #24.

Waddle has had an injury-plagued season, and even coming back from his fractured ankle he suffered another injury that hobbled him in the championship game.  The Eagles just can’t afford to take the risk he might miss substantial time in the NFL.

Very doubtful teams will see him at the Combine or Pro Days, or even if he would work out at an official visit.  

If they can manage to get an extra 1st trading Wentz, then I’d consider him later in the round. Not at 6. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 1:43 PM, nipples said:

If they can manage to get an extra 1st trading Wentz, then I’d consider him later in the round. Not at 6. 

So, draft Smith - then take Waddle? Damn, that would rock. Why not throw in Najee Harris in the second while we're at it?

I'd be putting some money on the Eagles if we did.. 😄

Matt Waldman's RSP Boiler Room No.276: WR Jaylen Waddle (Alabama) Playing Above His Weight Class - YouTube