Jaylen Waddle (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY MIAMI #6

QBhunter58

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

That looks like 2 ZWRs and a slot (or 2 slot WRs and a ZWR).  

Which works fine until you get close to the end zone. But then you can go with double TE.

Besides Smith can do contested catches too.

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

That looks like 2 ZWRs and a slot (or 2 slot WRs and a ZWR).  

Isn't Smith projected to play any position? I think he could easily be the x, but I'm basing my opinion on 2 games that I watched of him and what reporters say. 

Waddle is a weapon. Don’t worry about what spot on the field you line him up at. With that being said, he’s probably gone at #7 and next year everyone will cry because Howie could’ve had him but traded back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I mean he’s worked with other lower tier receivers before. Pascal last year being the most obvious example. 

He has yes and look he comes in with a reputation for being a coach who is good at getting the most out of WRs. I still think it's a mistake to not address the X receiver position in the draft and probably it should be the second round to snag a guy like Marshall.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He has yes and look he comes in with a reputation for being a coach who is good at getting the most out of WRs. I still think it's a mistake to not address the X receiver position in the draft and probably it should be the second round to snag a guy like Marshall.

Bateman, Marshall, Collins, Palmer, Terry, Grimes, etc. Plenty of X options with good size. It’s a deep WR draft again this year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Waddle is a weapon. Don’t worry about what spot on the field you line him up at. With that being said, he’s probably gone at #7 and next year everyone will cry because Howie could’ve had him but traded back.

I’ll "cry” if Chase is taken 6 or later knowing we could have had him (unless he completely flops then no crying!!  :lol: ).

• Like 1

Let's not do with Waddle what we did last year with Justin "just a slot WR" Jefferson. X, Y, whatever, if he can play, he can play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I’ll "cry” if Chase is taken 6 or later knowing we could have had him (unless he completely flops then no crying!!  :lol: ).

I think Chase will go before then. I’m thinking QB with the first 3 picks, Pitts #4, Chase #5. 

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I think Chase will go before then. I’m thinking QB with the first 3 picks, Pitts #4, Chase #5. 

It's kind of nuts that CIN would pass on Sewell/Slater, but Burrow->Chase is a good narrative.  CIN would have to be pretty serious about getting back into the 1st for some OL help (it's a good class for that at least).

25 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

It's kind of nuts that CIN would pass on Sewell/Slater, but Burrow->Chase is a good narrative.  CIN would have to be pretty serious about getting back into the 1st for some OL help (it's a good class for that at least).

I agree, Sewell would be the smart pick because they’re line sucks but Chase will be the splash pick. 

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Bateman, Marshall, Collins, Palmer, Terry, Grimes, etc. Plenty of X options with good size. It’s a deep WR draft again this year. 

Yeah agreed it is although I'd like to see them address it in the second with lots of those guys still on the board. 

19 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Let's not do with Waddle what we did last year with Justin "just a slot WR" Jefferson. X, Y, whatever, if he can play, he can play.

Even more true for Smith.

• Like 1

You know what they say, 3rd times a charm. He would be our 3rd Jaylen (yea I know other 2 are Jalen) on the O. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2021 at 8:41 PM, Portyansky said:

You know what they say, 3rd times a charm. He would be our 3rd Jaylen (yea I know other 2 are Jalen) on the O. 

I can see the media running with those three totally killing it already. That's big time fireworks.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 4:37 PM, time2rock said:

Get your Kleenex ready.

We do now have an extra 1st next year.  That's something.

11 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Waddle is my guy in this draft. His acceleration is elite.  

His tracking ability seems pretty good too.  But do you think he'll be there at 12?  And where would you play him, at the ZWR and move Reagor to the slot?  Or give him a try him at the X?

On 4/15/2021 at 7:42 PM, D-Shiznit said:

You can't even compare the two situation wise. Waddle is your Henry Ruggs of last year. Speed guy who is a poor route runner, avg hands. Smith is a better example of comparing the situation to Jefferson. Good overall WR with decent speed, great route running, great hands but people think hes limited. 

• Like 1

Not better than smith 

while I still love Reagor, skipping on smith for Waddle is the same move we did last year. Smith is easily the best route runner in the draft and people are saying he cannot play exclusively on the outside. Sound familiar?

Reagor and smith would be a nasty combo.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

His tracking ability seems pretty good too.  But do you think he'll be there at 12?  And where would you play him, at the ZWR and move Reagor to the slot?  Or give him a try him at the X?

I assume nothing with Reagor at this point.  Waddle is (imho) everything we hoped Reagor would be and more.  I'd assume the coaching staff would figure that out if they both could play.  I think they might have to move up with a 3 to get him.  But he might fall.  It's hard to know how teams view Smith right now

11 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I assume nothing with Reagor at this point.  Waddle is (imho) everything we hoped Reagor would be and more.  I'd assume the coaching staff would figure that out if they both could play.  I think they might have to move up with a 3 to get him.  But he might fall.  It's hard to know how teams view Smith right now

I definitely agree with you on not assuming anything with Reagor (other than a roster spot for at least 2 years due to the fact that he was a 1st rd pick and Howie has blown too many of them to consider admitting he blew yet another ... but obviously still way too early to tell).  Hoping a couple teams decide to trade up to 4-11 for QBs pushing some of these other players down to us (and then further hoping Howie makes the right call ... for once). Anyway, good to see you back ... even if it might be short lived (but hopefully not).  :-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Huh?! "Waddle is everything we hoped Reagor would be and more”

wtf? The man has not played a snap and all of a sudden he is that much better than Reagor? This man played with 3 Heisman finalist at QB when at Bama with a loaded WR group and Reagor played with...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

But you don't give up on Reagor after one year. Especially not with new coaches and a HC with a proven record of getting the most out of WRs with a lot less talent that Reagor. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Not better than smith 

while I still love Reagor, skipping on smith for Waddle is the same move we did last year. Smith is easily the best route runner in the draft and people are saying he cannot play exclusively on the outside. Sound familiar?

Reagor and smith would be a nasty combo.

Smith is my favorite receiver but Waddle is a really close second. He could very well start and totally dominate , I wouldn't be surprised.

9 hours ago, Infam said:

Smith is my favorite receiver but Waddle is a really close second. He could very well start and totally dominate , I wouldn't be surprised.

You like Smith more than Chase? That's not me being critical or having a go I'm just interested to know.