Jalen Carter (Georgia DT) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #9!

D-Shiznit

5 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

How far does he drop?  This doesn’t look good.  Out of the first round?  Can teams even assume he’ll be free to play and not in jail?

He got charged for misdemeanor reckless driving… unless there are follow up charges, will this even result in jail time? If no jail time, can he convince teams that he isn’t a complete knucklehead?

Just now, Waiting4Someday said:

He got charged for misdemeanor reckless driving… unless there are follow up charges, will this even result in jail time? If no jail time, can he convince teams that he isn’t a complete knucklehead?

If only a misdemeanor then no jail time.  Still wonder if/how much he drops.  Have to consider him if he falls to us at #10.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:51 AM, Peacekeeper said:

Hopefully he falls to 10

Jordan Davis didn’t look good at all last year. 

He was fine when healthy. About what I expected with the amount of depth we had on the DL. That won't be the case going forward though and we'll need more DL due to departures moreso than Davis' play.

If he's there at 10 I will be pissed if we don't grab him. He's not only the best DT in the draft, he's the best player period! A team like we have will definitely be able to keep him from repeating this stupidity. This will be worse than missing on DK and JJ.

51 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

If he's there at 10 I will be pissed if we don't grab him. He's not only the best DT in the draft, he's the best player period! A team like we have will definitely be able to keep him from repeating this stupidity. This will be worse than missing on DK and JJ.

Yeah, but...

If he makes it to 10, that would probably mean that teams know something we don't.  If there's no real major issue, he won't make it to 10.

On 3/3/2023 at 1:11 PM, ilikepargo said:

Yeah, but...

If he makes it to 10, that would probably mean that teams know something we don't.  If there's no real major issue, he won't make it to 10.

I think the teams picking that low don't have room to gamble. Howie on the other hand does. 

What's interesting is Todd McShay reported that Carter has "character issues" back in December.  I believe it had to do with how Carter gets along with others, is he hard to deal with, etc.  And now all this stuff comes out about the racing, etc.  McShay was criticized for that, but maybe there's some truth to it, who knows. 

In any case, I can't see him getting past Seattle at No. 5.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:23 AM, EaglesAddict said:

What's interesting is Todd McShay reported that Carter has "character issues" back in December.  I believe it had to do with how Carter gets along with others, is he hard to deal with, etc.  And now all this stuff comes out about the racing, etc.  McShay was criticized for that, but maybe there's some truth to it, who knows. 

Or now Chicago at number 9. That trade shook things up a bit. Either way he goes before 10 for sure. Not sure what the hell Carolina was thinking

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 12:38 AM, judunno said:

Or now Chicago at number 9. That trade shook things up a bit. Either way he goes before 10 for sure. Not sure what the hell Carolina was thinking

Carolina is desperate for a QB, obviously.

18 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

He might only be charged misdemeanor at the moment but so soon after Ruggs it's still a huge red flag that he was racing on public roads after a previous speeding stop and initially lied to the cops about where he was at the time of the accident.

He'd be quite the partnership with Davis and they could potentially dominate for years. But his character concerns are real and thats the last thing you need from a high 1st round draft.

it wasn’t on major roads and was years ago but when i was young me and my buddies used to race each other to or from wherever we were going.. i wouldn’t say it’s a huge red flag and would be glad to select Carter 

9 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Carolina is desperate for a QB, obviously.

Whoever they draft won't have anyone around them setting them up for early failure obviously. Oh well who cares... more QBs in the top 4 the better.

• Like 1

Mark Schlabach
ESPN Senior Writer
ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter was nine pounds heavier than he was at the NFL combine about two weeks ago and couldn't finish his position drills at Georgia's pro day on Wednesday.
Carter, who was once considered a potential No. 1 pick in April's draft, weighed 323 pounds at the pro day. He opted to do only position drills and didn't participate in other aspects of the workout, including the 40-yard dash, cone drills and other physical tests. Carter didn't finish the position drills because he was cramping up and breathing heavily.

The video coming out of his pro day is awful he looks out of shape and like he's hungover on some of the drills. 

This was his chance to showcase his talent after the arrest and instead he's raised more character and drive red flags and absolutely torpedoed his draft stock, this kid's going to drop like a stone, worse than Tunsil.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:23 AM, EaglesAddict said:

Luckily, we have a couple of players who played with him and can give some insight. 

• Like 1

I am out on Carter at #10 to be honest. If he cant get in shape for a proday then his effort and work ethic is not going to get better when he is getting millions of dollars thrown in his face. A lot less risk at #30 but I am assuming he is probably close to off the Eagles board. Sirianni has made it clear that he wants guys that love the game of football, first and foremost. 

Ben Simmons doesn't like basketball but loves the money that comes with playing the game. He had generational talent and attributes but didn't love the game enough to try and get better. I am not saying that Carter will be the same way but this risk alone would have him off the table at #10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

I am out on Carter at #10 to be honest. If he cant get in shape for a proday then his effort and work ethic is not going to get better when he is getting millions of dollars thrown in his face. A lot less risk at #30 but I am assuming he is probably close to off the Eagles board. Sirianni has made it clear that he wants guys that love the game of football, first and foremost. 

Ben Simmons doesn't like basketball but loves the money that comes with playing the game. He had generational talent and attributes but didn't love the game enough to try and get better. I am not saying that Carter will be the same way but this risk alone would have him off the table at #10

He's had some injury issues as well right? Ankle and knee from what i've seen.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

He's had some injury issues as well right? Ankle and knee from what i've seen.

That not sure but I would take your word for it. I am off the bandwagon lol

With that pro day, despite what everyone is writing he may be the guy that falls way lower than expected. 

Question is at what point would we want him? At 10? 

I‘d still think he‘d be great at 30.. 😄