Jalen Carter (Georgia DT) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #9!

D-Shiznit

19 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I don't think they will trade up for Carter.  

I agree.  Howie "makes calls/fields calls" about every possibility.  He can be "making calls" to talk about trading up, even if it's very unlikely that he'll actually do so.  I'm just hoping that someone worthy of the pick is still there at #10 so we're not stuck between trading down and taking a player who projects to be ordinary.  This seems like a tough drat year.  Not has many guys who appear to have that obvious eye-popping talent.

19 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

I agree.  Howie "makes calls/fields calls" about every possibility.  He can be "making calls" to talk about trading up, even if it's very unlikely that he'll actually do so.  I'm just hoping that someone worthy of the pick is still there at #10 so we're not stuck between trading down and taking a player who projects to be ordinary.  This seems like a tough drat year.  Not has many guys who appear to have that obvious eye-popping talent.

So many of the scouting reports are basically 'has all the physical tools but needs work'  it's a bad year to have a top ten pick, you still getting one of the best in the draft, but it's not exactly a draft for the ages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

So many of the scouting reports are basically 'has all the physical tools but needs work'  it's a bad year to have a top ten pick, you still getting one of the best in the draft, but it's not exactly a draft for the ages.

Exactly.  And it doesn't make things any easier when we recognize that "has all the physical tools but needs work" also means "might become something or might not."

Birds 365, proposed hypothetical to their guest Sileski. If JC there at 9 would Howie give up 2024 1st to move up 1 spot ? He responded most definitely. Don’t think Howie would make allowance for the extortion. I think Raiders the best spot

23 hours ago, The guy in France said:

Birds 365, proposed hypothetical to their guest Sileski. If JC there at 9 would Howie give up 2024 1st to move up 1 spot ? He responded most definitely. Don’t think Howie would make allowance for the extortion. I think Raiders the best spot

Howie would not give up a 1 to move up 1 spot. Hell crack is this dude smoking.

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2023 at 4:56 PM, The guy in France said:

I'd much rather a 2024 4th round pick instead 😄

We got him!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Somebody better light a fir under Davis and Carter. they need to develop great endurance. If they do, look out.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Somebody better light a fir under Davis and Carter. they need to develop great endurance. If they do, look out.

Too bad Coach Stoutland doesn't have a twin brother that coaches the defensive line 😁

Hungry dogs run faster?

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 10:05 AM, pgcd3 said:

I don't think they will trade up for Carter.  

Good call. 🤣

Great.

Now if we can get O’Cyrus Torrence in the next round, that solves the right guard issue. 

13 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Too bad Coach Stoutland doesn't have a twin brother that coaches the defensive line 😁

Hungry dogs run faster?

Screw it… get Stout to coach them too 

• Haha 1

It is the day after day one of the Draft; While it has been raining around here, the rain looks (if you look closely) more like tears of Eagles haters crying.  Jalen Carter is arguably the best player in the entire draft outside of Bryce Young and Will Anderson.  Yes, we are aware of the family members of anyone lost in that car crash that Carter was a part of, but was it intentional?  NO!  Him, Jordan Davis on the interior of the same defensive line?  If you do not have a great interior combo of guards and a center, God help you!  And a big thank you to the Chicago Bears for only having us give up next to nothing (A fourth rounder in next year's draft) to get Carter.  

• Like 2