Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Looks like we lost a few in the minor league rounds:

Twins -- LHP Rafael Marcano (PHI)

Royals -- LHP Keylan Killgore (PHI)

Astros -- RHP Carlos Betancourt (PHI)

Rays -- RHP Blake Brown (PHI)

Here is who we drafted:

Phillies -- C William Simoneit (OAK)

Phillies -- C Luis Caicuto (AZ)

Phillies -- C Carson Taylor (LAD)

Phillies -- SS Trevor Schwecke (TOR)

Phillies -- 1B Bryce Ball (CLE)

Looks like we loaded up on some catchers....

Boras is saying Harper is interested in signing an extension so he can retire a Phillie - he’s already signed through age 38!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Boras is saying Harper is interested in signing an extension so he can retire a Phillie - he’s already signed through age 38!

Tom Cruise needs to bite him and give him physical immortality too

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Harper said he wants to help bring more stars to Philly.

If he's willing to lower his AAV, it might be worth extending him.

I dont know his exact numbers, but let's just say he has 6 years $180M left at $30M per AAV.

He could do a 9 year $234M extension at $26M a year AAV.

This gets him an extra $54 million, the team lowers it's tax burden and it's a win-win

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Harper said he wants to help bring more stars to Philly.

If he's willing to lower his AAV, it might be worth extending him.

I dont know his exact numbers, but let's just say he has 6 years $180M left at $30M per AAV.

He could do a 9 year $234M extension at $26M a year AAV.

This gets him an extra $54 million, the team lowers it's tax burden and it's a win-win

The CBA in baseball doesn't allow a restructure of a contract like the NFL. He has 8 more years at around 25 mil per season left on his current deal ending after the 2031 season. The only thing the Phillies could do would be to give him say a 3-year contract extension at say 30 mil per which would have him signed through the 2034 season. Personally, I wouldn't do a damn thing. I love the dude but he's the one who put a no-trade clause in his contract and also didn't put in an opt-out (against Boras's wishes I may add). If he put the opt-out in say after 5 years, he could have done what Machado did and opt-out, then sign a new deal. We are already paying Turner into his 40's which is bad enough.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vsptroops said:

The CBA in baseball doesn't allow a restructure of a contract like the NFL. He has 8 more years at around 25 mil per season left on his current deal ending after the 2031 season. The only thing the Phillies could do would be to give him say a 3-year contract extension at say 30 mil per which would have him signed through the 2034 season. Personally, I wouldn't do a damn thing. I love the dude but he's the one who put a no-trade clause in his contract and also didn't put in an opt-out (against Boras's wishes I may add). If he put the opt-out in say after 5 years, he could have done what Machado did and opt-out, then sign a new deal. We are already paying Turner into his 40's which is bad enough.

Harper can pound sand on this one unless his extension is something nominal like $10m per year.

• Like 2

Dodgers building a super team with the trade and possibly throwing a crap ton of money at Yamamoto as well. Screw the MLB.

Meanwhile...the Phillies big move is signing the a-hole who blew game 6. Love it.

40 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Dodgers building a super team with the trade and possibly throwing a crap ton of money at Yamamoto as well. Screw the MLB.

Meanwhile...the Phillies big move is signing the a-hole who blew game 6. Love it.

And they'll still lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs 

if I were the phillies, I would have had the hottest smoking Japanese "translator" sitting in those meetings saying this would be your "personal" translator......