Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I think this team is going to score some runs this year. Now if the pitching and defense can at least be adequate, we may have something. 

I think the thing that I’m most happy about from this game so far is how nola has looked. I know they’ll score runs. We need nola to be what he was a couple years ago. 

of course that happens as soon as i type this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn, Schwarber just missed another one. Got under the ball just a tad. 

That feels similar to last year. 

Nola implodes again. Is it because its his first start and he ran out of gas or is it because he is nothing more than a 6 inning pitcher? I think its the later. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Nola implodes again. Is it because its his first start and he ran out of gas or is it because he is nothing more than a 6 inning pitcher? I think its the later. 

He had a few of these games last year where he was good or great for 5-6 innings then imploded. 

12 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

He ran out of gas IMO

Stott suspect at third, as expected.

Andddddddd there’s the defense 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Andddddddd there’s the defense 

I was told Stott would transition just fine to 3B 🤮

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Now if the pitching and defense can at least be adequate..

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

I was told Stott would transition just fine to 3B 🤮

I’m curious to see if they eventually move segura to third, allow stott to play short and move didi to 2nd. 

Who was the last homegrown Phillies 3rd baseman who was worth a crap? Rolen?

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Who was the last homegrown Phillies 3rd baseman who was worth a crap? Rolen?

It is rolen. Cause during the Phillies 07-11 run it was Pedro Feliz and Polanco. Frankly bohm was drafted 3rd overall so you’d think he’d be able to. Doesn’t have to be great defensively. Just average and hit like we believed he would. 

Its nice to get a run back but why do these guys have to run themselves out on the basepaths? Harper was lucky earlier with his. 

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

Its nice to get a run back but why do these guys have to run themselves out on the basepaths? Harper was lucky earlier with his. 

Hoping with time they realize not to risk it as much. M With the lineup we have there’s less reason to try.  would’ve been at 2nd base with hoskins and didi coming up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It is rolen. Cause during the Phillies 07-11 run it was Pedro Feliz and Polanco. Frankly bohm was drafted 3rd overall so you’d think he’d be able to. Doesn’t have to be great defensively. Just average and hit like we believed he would. 

I would absolutely take a Feliz or a Polanco over there. Its like a black hole ever since those guys. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I would absolutely take a Feliz or a Polanco over there. Its like a black hole ever since those guys. 

Polanco was super underrated for the Phillies in his time here. Feliz was really good defensively. He had some timely hits for us during his time here. I still rather stott play short or 2nd. I think segura is better playing 3rd than bohm or stott at this stage. 

• Like 1

So happy for siranthony. Glad he is back and throwing well. Sucks the Phillies didn’t just do the surgery when it happen originally cause it cost him more time. 

• Like 2

Anyone think vierling reminds you of werth with his size and late development? Not saying he becomes as good as werth was for us. But werth didn’t become what he was until 28 after switching positions as well.