Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah they definitely aren’t making this. Brewers schedule is the marlins and dbacks. Even if the brewers lose to alcantara and gallien they’ll go 6-3. I don’t think the Phillies win all 4 against the nats nor beat the cubs tomorrow. Good chance we finish the season 3-6 

Nats are complete garbage

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

Phils have a losing record (27-28) in Wheeler/Nola starts this year, which is insane

Their hitting has been super inconsistent. Really since the all star break series anyone not named the nats, pirates and reds they’ve been completely feast or famine. 

since all star break  

Phillies offense vs. nats, pirates and reds: 6.1 runs 

Phillies offense vs. everyone else: 3.8

10 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Nats are complete garbage

There’s potentially two double headers happening this weekend. Supposedly one on Fridays and potentially another just to get the games in. And doubleheader that’s known has has gibson and thor. The nationals might suck but even against that crap team it’s hard to win both games of a doubleheader 

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Didn’t realize how bad Stott’s slump was:  1 for last 25

Feels like since schwarber returned from his injury and the moved him down in the lineup he’s not been as good he’s batting .237 since then. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Go Cards!

I’ve always liked the Cardinals ever since last night.

If somehow we made it and they are a catalyst for us making it in and we knock them out in the first round, it’s at least a little justice for us allowing them in in 2011 and then them beating us. 

don’t know who this yepez guy is but hoping he hits a grand slam 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If somehow we made it and they are a catalyst for us making it in and we knock them out in the first round, it’s at least a little justice for us allowing them in in 2011 and then them beating us. 

don’t know who this yepez guy is but hoping he hits a grand slam 

Double play

:furious:

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

Double play

:furious:

Ofc. Didn’t help they pinch hit for goldschmidt as they have nothing to play for 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ofc. Didn’t help they pinch hit for goldschmidt as they have nothing to play for 

Pinched hit Goldschmidt and Arenado

• Sad 1

Stott’s hitting on high pitches or chasing high pitched is terrible. It’s something he really needs to work on this offseason 

C843F02E-F669-414B-B933-46A6BCC23FD1.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Pinched hit Goldschmidt and Arenado

Good.  Phillies deserve every single bit of this

• Haha 1

Thankfully we are paying harper and realmuto big money to come up clutch in these situations….

12 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

If they miss the playoffs then I don’t think Thomson will be back.

:unsure:

He really doesn’t deserve to be back. His managing the last month has been girardi-esque. Add on they were supposed to be looser and play better. They folded just like with kapler and girardi. Frankly I’d trade off guys and build around the young guys like stott, painter, Abel and build up the farm. This team as constructed has a loser mentality and it’s cause guys aren’t winners and didn’t grow up learning how to win together 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He really doesn’t deserve to be back. His managing the last month has been girardi-esque. Add on they were supposed to be looser and play better. They folded just like with kapler and girardi. Frankly I’d trade off guys and build around the young guys like stott, painter, Abel and build up the farm. This has a loser mentality and it’s cause guys aren’t winners or grew up learning how to win together 

Agreed.  Would be fine if they traded Bryce too.  He’s part of the problem 

9 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Agreed.  Would be fine if they traded Bryce too.  He’s part of the problem 

Yeah he sucks. Lets get these MVP players who take long term team franchise friendly deals out of here. Bring me back to the days of John Mayberry Jr.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah he sucks. Lets get these MVP players who take long term team franchise friendly deals out of here. Bring me back to the days of John Mayberry Jr.

Yeah let’s not go crazy. I blame the GM. The line up construction is awful. 

Hoskins/Realmuto/Castellanos/Schwarber are all so redundant. I’d look to move Hoskins and Castellanos in the offseason, put Schwarber at first, and sign/trade for a defensive, high on base, left fielder, along with signing Trea Turner. Line up issues solved.