Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

2 runs in 6 innings, ill take that every night from him. 

Alcantara is really good. 

8 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

2 runs in 6 innings, ill take that every night from him. 

Alcantara is really good. 

He was much better the last 4 innings than the first two. I think he had 4 hits in two innings and a run. The next 4 innings just 2 hits and a run (2 walks though). Still I’d take 6 innings of 2 runs 

big knock by schwarber! Guys finally making alcantara work into counts. Already at his average number of pitches per inning tonight with 1 out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He was much better the last 4 innings than the first two. I think he had 4 hits in two innings and a run. The next 4 innings just 2 hits and a run (2 walks though). Still I’d take 6 innings of 2 runs 

big knock by schwarber! Guys finally making alcantara work into counts. Already at his average number of pitches per inning tonight with 1 out. 

To be fair I just got home from softball and turned it on so no idea how he looked besides this inning. 

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

To be fair I just got home from softball and turned it on so no idea how he looked besides this inning. 

If he gives us what he did tonight i think we are fine as long as we don’t face someone like Alcantara when he’s on the mound. Too many on Twitter that believed he was gonna be thor from the Mets time. He’s not that anymore. 

that said the bats before the last inning were bad. Alcantara wasn’t even working hard. I don’t think I’ve seen a pitcher be at 45 pitches after 5. 

our defense tonight has been stellar. Keith Hernandez has inspired us. I feel like we are going to win this in a walkoff 

• Like 1

Don’t feel as confident we come back in this one. Bellatti is lucky it’s not 4-1 right now 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t feel as confident we come back in this one. Bellatti is lucky it’s not 4-1 right now 

:whistle:

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

:whistle:

I shouldn’t have doubted my earlier prediction 

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If he gives us what he did tonight i think we are fine as long as we don’t face someone like Alcantara when he’s on the mound. Too many on Twitter that believed he was gonna be thor from the Mets time. He’s not that anymore. 

that said the bats before the last inning were bad. Alcantara wasn’t even working hard. I don’t think I’ve seen a pitcher be at 45 pitches after 5. 

our defense tonight has been stellar. Keith Hernandez has inspired us. I feel like we are going to win this in a walkoff 

• Like 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And there were people in here saying the same thing.  Girardi was a big issue.  

At this point anyone has to admit the guy was an issue. I didn’t think he was at the time, and it still is a bit odd to me but hey whatever glad we moved on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And there were people in here saying the same thing.  Girardi was a big issue.  

I think girardi was a huge problem and needed to go. Frankly they waited to long to fire him. It should’ve been like 2 weeks prior. But their bullpen was awful then and it wasn’t all girardi sending guys out there. Like knebel and Alvarado were god awful. Both have been way better since June. Also realmuto has remembered how to play. Was a time I’d argue he wasn’t even a top 5 catcher with his fielding and hitting.

Manager definitely a big time help turn it around with a different message. Also some guys were crap and turned the corner. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think girardi was a huge problem and needed to go. Frankly they waited to long to fire him. It should’ve been like 2 weeks prior. But their bullpen was awful then and it wasn’t all girardi sending guys out there. Like knebel and Alvarado were god awful. Both have been way better since June. Also realmuto has remembered how to play. Was a time I’d argue he wasn’t even a top 5 catcher with his fielding and hitting.

Manager definitely a big time help turn it around with a different message. Also some guys were crap and turned the corner. 

Realmuto’s splits from before and after the All-Star break

(from Yahoo splits)

358EC9DC-5C9E-46B7-A8C5-AF2C98E88F03.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Realmuto before and after All-Star break

(from Yahoo splits)

358EC9DC-5C9E-46B7-A8C5-AF2C98E88F03.jpeg

His stats from July 1st on are top 5 player in baseball. It wasnt just the hitting with realmuto early on. He had games fielding where he dropped pop ups that cost the Phillies. He completely turned it around and looks like one of the best players in the game over the last month plus. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

This makes me happy and angry. Happy we are playing this well. But angry that 2011 didn’t win the title. I’d argue of all the teams in that stretch they were the most talented. 

• Like 1

Record through 110 games vs all World Series teams since 1980:

2022: 62-48

2009: 62-48

2008: 60-50

1993: 69-41

1983: 58-51-1

1980: 57-53

36 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This makes me happy and angry. Happy we are playing this well. But angry that 2011 didn’t win the title. I’d argue of all the teams in that stretch they were the most talented. 

Should have tanked for the Braves game. Cards were hot and I wanted no piece of them.

• Like 2