Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

I’m sorry but this is too good not to post 

• Haha 1

When crap like that happens where a ball hits off Leblanc’s glove and goes right to Rojas and you get thrown out it might not be your day. 

Probably should’ve removed gibson after the two singles. Leaving him in cost them 2 runs. 

59 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not good

Normally if it happens on a swing it's the oblique, which seems to take FOREVER to heal 

• Like 1

What the F is it with the Phillies and bases loaded with no outs and they fail to score. Feels like every time they do that this season they don’t score. 

Sosa screwed up everything with his at-bat. He takes the walk instead of swinging at ball 4, it's 3-1 then who knows what happens. 

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Sosa screwed up everything with his at-bat. He takes the walk instead of swinging at ball 4, it's 3-1 then who knows what happens. 

Frankly it was a bad managerial move to do it. First sosa has been awful with the bat all year and stubbs has been very clutch for us when given the chance. Second by making that move the Phillies lose their DH if the game goes extras. It was a bad decision to have sosa bat 

• Like 2

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly it was a bad managerial move to do it. First sosa has been awful with the bat all year and stubbs has been very clutch for us when given the chance. Second by making that move the Phillies lose their DH if the game goes extras. It was a bad decision to have sosa bat 

Certainly agree there. If you're gonna take out Stubbs for a PH, at least make sure it's someone who is a threat with the bat. Sosa isn't that in the least. Sometimes these Managers get enamored with the lefty/ righty matchup a little too much instead of just going with the better batter, and in this case it was Stubbs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Certainly agree there. If you're gonna take out Stubbs for a PH, at least make sure it's someone who is a threat with the bat. Sosa isn't that in the least. Sometimes these Managers get enamored with the lefty/ righty matchup a little too much instead of just going with the better batter, and in this case it was Stubbs. 

What makes it worse is that stubbs and sosa splits tell you stubbs is the hitter you want. Against a lefty, stubbs is batting .313 and against righties .259. Sosa is hitting .240 vs. righties and .111 vs. lefties. So stubbs either way was the better option. Add on you lose the DH in extras due to the move. Love Thomson but this was an overthinking managerial decision 

F calf strains can take forever. He’s gonna have to DH if he plays until it gets better

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What makes it worse is that stubbs and sosa splits tell you stubbs is the hitter you want. Against a lefty, stubbs is batting .313 and against righties .259. Sosa is hitting .240 vs. righties and .111 vs. lefties. So stubbs either way was the better option. Add on you lose the DH in extras due to the move. Love Thomson but this was an overthinking managerial decision 

Wow. It'll be interesting to see what Thomson has to say in his postgame interview. I really hope he learned his lesson. Never again do I want to see Sosa up with the game on the line. 

What a momentum killer heading into NY.  I’ll be shocked if they don’t get swept, especially with Schwarber out.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Classic trap game 

Yup. Emotional win yesterday and having to come back the next day. There were a lot of moves i really didn’t like today though. First with how realmuto is hitting there’s no way you can sit him. I get no catching on a day game after a night game, but can use him as a DH. With harper out you need his bat in the lineup as he’s scorching hot right now. Second, after the 2 singles in the 6th, i thought gibson should’ve been pulled. It didn’t matter in the end cause we scored 0 runs but that was 2 runs cause gibson just couldnt get out of the inning. Third, the sosa pinch hit that i explained earlier. Imo maybe Thomson’s only poorly managed game since he took over.

I’d add i get alcantara and Cabrera were pitching but our at bats and approach was pretty bad for most of the last two games. That concerns me heading to NY with scherzer and degrom going. I feel like they could slip into one of these week long droughts on offense where they just get into this funk and approach and lose confidence. Especially down schwarber. 

FB_IMG_1660270186918.thumb.jpg.6d58319888bfa64ace4144adcb5238a0.jpg

Someone posted this on Facebook and it got me thinking.... 

Trea Turner led the league in hits last year with 195. 

Someone would have to have 22 seasons of 195 hits to beat Pete Rose. 

Outside of the Wayne Gretzky points record, it's probably the most insane records in all of sports 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

FB_IMG_1660270186918.thumb.jpg.6d58319888bfa64ace4144adcb5238a0.jpg

Someone posted this on Facebook and it got me thinking.... 

Trea Turner led the league in hits last year with 195. 

Someone would have to have 22 seasons of 195 hits to beat Pete Rose. 

Outside of the Wayne Gretzky points record, it's probably the most insane records in all of sports 

Yeah i don’t see it happening. The only way it could is if a young prospect came up at 18-20 and played 20 years where he raked. Like tatis jr. Came up at 20 and was on pace before he kept getting hurt to average around 170+  hits per season in each of his first 3 seasons. But he can’t stay healthy and i don’t think he plays 20 years. Plus launch angle analytics and the shift has added to that  

tbh we might not see another 300 game winner in our lifetime. Verlander is the closest at 241. Behind him is grienke at 223, scherzer at 198, kershaw and wainwright at 192. None of them i think pitch enough years to get there and if they do pitch enough years i don’t see them being good enough at that point. Like there’s good young pitchers like urias who’s 26 but has just 44 wins. Meaning if he pitched 14 more years he’d have to win 18 games per season. Manoah is 24 and has 21 wins. If he pitches 16 more years he’d have to average 17.5 to get there. I don’t see that happening and feels like pitchers always have at least 1-2 years in there career where they get hurt or just have a bad season. 

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup. Emotional win yesterday and having to come back the next day. There were a lot of moves i really didn’t like today though. First with how realmuto is hitting there’s no way you can sit him. I get no catching on a day game after a night game, but can use him as a DH. With harper out you need his bat in the lineup as he’s scorching hot right now. Second, after the 2 singles in the 6th, i thought gibson should’ve been pulled. It didn’t matter in the end cause we scored 0 runs but that was 2 runs cause gibson just couldnt get out of the inning. Third, the sosa pinch hit that i explained earlier. Imo maybe Thomson’s only poorly managed game since he took over.

I’d add i get alcantara and Cabrera were pitching but our at bats and approach was pretty bad for most of the last two games. That concerns me heading to NY with scherzer and degrom going. I feel like they could slip into one of these week long droughts on offense where they just get into this funk and approach and lose confidence. Especially down schwarber. 

Yup.  And they’ll find themselves on the outside looking in because even with the run they’ve been on they are only in the wild card by 1 game unfortunately.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

F AppleTV

It says it’s "free” on Apple TV.  I would take that to mean you don’t need Apple TV+ to watch it (their pay version).  So just download the app. 

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

F AppleTV

Not only is Apple tv the best streaming box Apple TV + has many good shows and is not expensive, also the picture quality on the games is great although the announcers are not very good but toinght's crew I think is the better one

I really want to win 2 of 3 just to shut up the dope Mets fans on Twitter. I’m going to be really happy if the Mets lose in the playoffs and all those Mets fans crawl back into the holes they came out of. They are as bad as cowboys fans 

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

F AppleTV

Not positive if you actually need Apple TV+ to watch or not (I have a subscription so haven’t been able to test otherwise), or if it’s just free in the Apple TV app. Either way,   Apple TV+ has great content and a 7-day free trial. If you want to watch that badly (if subscription is required) then just do the trial then cancel. While you have it free for a week binge Ted Lasso and some of the other shows. 

You also don’t need any Apple TV box to watch it. There’s an Apple TV app on Roku, Fire TV, etc. Pretty much everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Not only is Apple tv the best streaming box Apple TV + has many good shows and is not expensive, also the picture quality on the games is great although the announcers are not very good but toinght's crew I think is the better one

Yeah ATV+ doesn’t have the biggest catalog obviously being pretty new, but they definitely have a strong focus on quality. 

• Like 1