Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

25 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

I hope Stott siezes the role so Schwarber can move down in the order 

Makes it potent once we get Harper back too. Could go stott, hoskins, bohm, harper,  schwarber, realmuto and castellanos. However would think they want him higher up in the lineup to get more at bats 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I really want to win 2 of 3 just to shut up the dope Mets fans on Twitter. I’m going to be really happy if the Mets lose in the playoffs and all those Mets fans crawl back into the holes they came out of. They are as bad as cowboys fans 

Think it’s gonna be different this year unfortunately.  They have a very good team…and scherzer/Degrom/bassit is the best trio in baseball.

1 hour ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Think it’s gonna be different this year unfortunately.  They have a very good team…and scherzer/Degrom/bassit is the best trio in baseball.

I believe they’ll find a way to lose to the dodgers or the Astros/Yankees. I thought the Phillies with halladay, Lee, hamels and oswalt would win easily. Managed to find a way to lose. Mets have that same type of dna in them. 

I can’t see how that’s possible if Jayson stark is correct and he needs TJ surgery. Even with new technique it’s 6 months to recover. Takes place in March which would be 5 if he gets surgery in October 

56 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Scherzer @ 52 pitches after 3 innings. 👀

Much better tonight then against alcantara. He had 45 thru 5 innings. Although that 3rd inning was 9 pitches. 

Hats off to bohm. He’s been good for the most part since early in the season at fielding. That was a phenomenal play 

• Like 1

Bryson stott owns scherzer. he’s batting .857 (6-7) against him for his career. 

too bad the rest of the Phillies swing away at 1st pitch to keep scherzer’s pitch count where it is as he could pitch the 8th at 98 pitches. 6th inning they made him throw 6.  

Ranger Suarez has been beyond solid tonight.  Excellent showing from the young man. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Ranger Suarez has been beyond solid tonight.  Excellent showing from the young man. 

tbh i think he outpitched scherzer (so far). Phillies had chances but missed a lot of opportunities. And at bats in the 6th and 7th besides stott weren’t good.  

How about those "fundamentals” Mr. Hernandez? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m surprised the Mets took Diaz out of the game. He had 8 pitches. Hoping they go Robertson and not knebel. Knebel has been roughed up by the Mets this year. 

What a Fing win! F the Mets. That was a playoff type atmosphere and win. 

• Thanks 2

Huge win. I believe they’ve beaten scherzer multiple times this season as well now. Good stuff 

Stott and Bohm are really the two most important players on the team this year if you're looking at the future. They absolutely need for those guys to become good players. You expect to get good players in the first round and that's not something that has happened too often of late. It's encouraging that both of them have started to show something.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Stott and Bohm are really the two most important players on the team this year if you're looking at the future. They absolutely need for those guys to become good players. You expect to get good players in the first round and that's not something that has happened too often of late. It's encouraging that both of them have started to show something.

100% I’d also say bohm’s fielding after the first couple weeks has been much much better. That play he made tonight was a web gem type play. I believe stott is hitting .309 since the break and he brings consistent defense. I look forward to seeing the jump that both make next year.

tbh if the Phillies get turner this off-season and find away to get themselves another front of the rotation starter to go with nola, wheeler and Ranger then they could realistically be one of favorite to win the World Series.