Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

I feel like using realmuto at DH today would’ve been better after taking the ball to the mask but gives you his bat still and can use him defensively on Sunday 

Why is Maton playing? Something wrong with Segura?

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Why is Maton playing? Something wrong with Segura?

I’m guessing off day and segura hitting 4-21 lifetime against degrom with 6ks probably went into the decision. Although maton is such a disadvantage with schwarber and harper already out 

Yeah, it’s just a routine day off for Segura. And Maton has done pretty well when he plays.

Damn hoskins hit it well. That might have gone out at CBP with how the ball travels at the bank 

Really should move him to double A so he can get some games this year there and then begin there next year. Feels like we may see him September 2023 when they have call ups. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Really should move him to double A so he can get some games this year there and then begin there next year. Feels like we may see him September 2023 when they have call ups. 

Seems to be time for that.  He’s doing the opposite of throwing batting practice…pretty much just having extended bullpen sessions with the catcher and someone standing in the box.  That level clearly can’t get the bat on his pitching, so he needs to learn what it’s like to pitch around guys that actually have a chance.

But he’s young and maybe their high A coach is doing some great work with him.

Would’ve pinch hit segura for maton there. With how maton looked today at the plate and needing a rally and using schwarber as a pinch hitter after 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would’ve pinch hit segura for maton there. With how maton looked today at the plate and needing a rally and using schwarber as a pinch hitter after 

Fire Thomson :whistle:

• Haha 1

Hats off to Nola. I thought after the first two innings where he was at 40 pitches that he’d be lucky to make it into the 6th. But he’s settled in and got through 8 and possible complete game if we can’t score 

need a rally 

8583347F-B161-46B0-9450-A1D6AA51446E.jpeg

Really hope schwarber can play tomorrow. Also please DH realmuto and don’t just sit him. This team can’t afford to have guys like segura and realmuto just have complete off days if schwarber and harper are out. 

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hats off to Nola. I thought after the first two innings where he was at 40 pitches that he’d be lucky to make it into the 6th. But he’s settled in and got through 8 and possible complete game if we can’t score 

need a rally 

8583347F-B161-46B0-9450-A1D6AA51446E.jpeg

Nola pitched well and bullpen rested, now win tomorrow

29 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Nola pitched well and bullpen rested, now win tomorrow

Not sure you can play schwarber tomorrow out in the field yet. So he’d have to be a DH. Unless realmuto is catching after a night game, likely getting stubbs. It’s why i liked the idea of stubbs catching tonight and realmuto DH. Cause then you could’ve had realmuto catch on Sunday and schwarber DH. Played vierling and marsh in the outfield. This team needs realmuto, segura and schwarber in the lineup. Can’t afford to have them on the bench against the Mets and without harper. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Clearly they read the Phillies thread yesterday lol 

Pretty irritating watching the Phillies swing at pitches they have no chance at doing anything with. For instance 1-2 count vierling is swinging at a pitch that is in the left batters box that he has no chance to do anything with even if he made contact. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Bats going silent again. SMH. 

Realmuto has been awful in this series with the bat. He’s played all 3 games and is 0-10. Marsh isn’t far behind as he’s 0-7 with 6 Ks. I also would move Hall down in the lineup and segura up. I rather segura get more at bats than hall. Hall swinging at stuff he can’t do anything with up 3-1 in the count is frustrating  

• Like 1