Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

I feel like acuna is batting like .500 against us this year 

Ofc Suarez can’t find the Fing zone after we give him 2 runs. 

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Not quite 1, 2, 3 😂

The issue is that we needed him to go at least 6 with our pen. Not sure he gets through 5 at this rate. It really sucks Robertson got hurt celebrating 

also doesn’t help hoskins is 1 for his last 29 

If sosa can hit like this with his defense, i move him to 3rd. i think he’d play at an high level defensively over there and bohm to first and look to deal hoskins. 

Just now, John Blutarski said:

Need Emo Hoskins to actually do something here

Mr. 1 for his last 30

1 minute ago, John Blutarski said:

Need Emo Hoskins to actually do something here

Put a really good swing on that one. Another few inches higher and it’s an RBI. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mr. 1 for his last 30

yup. He better not pout and sulk either. They don't need that BS the rest of the way.

• Like 1

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mr. 1 for his last 30

I’m good with that at-bat though. Gave it a nice rip

Just now, nipples said:

I’m good with that at-bat though. Gave it a nice rip

Wasn’t a bad at bat. Still super frustrating as he goes into these long droughts. I wish he had more consistency than just really hot and ice cold. 

• Like 1

Suarez isn’t getting through the 3rd at this rate. To start he’s reverted to what he looked like at the beginning of the month of september. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wasn’t a bad at bat. Still super frustrating as he goes into these long droughts. I wish he had more consistency than just really hot and ice cold. 

I agree. Just hoping that at bat was a good sign that he’s about to wake up. We’ll see. 

Offense is going to need at least 6 today the way Suarez is looking 

Just now, nipples said:

I agree. Just hoping that at bat was a good sign that he’s about to wake up. We’ll see. 

Offense is going to need at least 6 today the way Suarez is looking 

Likely gonna need 5-6 runs. I’d be surprised if Suarez makes it through the 3rd at this rate 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Suarez isn’t getting through the 3rd at this rate. To start he’s reverted to what he looked like at the beginning of the month of september. 

He’s not getting the calls at the bottom of the zone. He needs those to be effective. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

He’s not getting the calls at the bottom of the zone. He needs those to be effective. 

They were talking about that on the radio. Karl ravech said the ump behind the plate is very strict with his strike zone and won’t expand it. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They were talking about that on the radio. Karl ravech said the ump behind the plate is very strict with his strike zone and won’t expand it. 

Yeah so far there have been at least 2 pitches called low that I thought should have been strikes. Really limits Suarez if he can get strikes down low. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah so far there have been at least 2 pitches called low that I thought should have been strikes. Really limits Suarez if he can get strikes down low. 

Curious to see who they go to after Suarez. It’s gonna be one of gibson, syndergaard or falter. I probably go falter than Snydergaard to try and get 2-3 innings. If they can get to Domínguez and Alvarado with a lead I’d feel good