Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

3 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Lol

If it was for a minimum contract, I wouldn’t mind him as a 4th outfielder. As a starter? F no

This efen team man. There are no other outfielders they can sign out of the hundreds out there that couldn't at least match what Herrera does? He is one of the dumbest ballplayers I have ever seen and thats not even talking about him strangling his girlfriend. <_<

• Like 1

The Mets rotation is absolutely stacked with the trade for bassitt. Can go DeGrom, scherzer, Bassitt. And their 4-5 starters are Carlos carrasco and Walker. If the Mets actually do something big this year might see Phillies fans just completely revolt against this organization for being stuck in a decade long mediocrity. 

Serious question- which organization is worse? Flyers or Phillies? 

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Serious question- which organization is worse? Flyers or Phillies? 

Phillies they’ve been bad for a decade and actually tried to do a complete rebuild that just completely failed. And wasting Harper’s prime. 

Just remember... There's nothing stronger than Familia....

If I was Bryce Harper I would be asking for a trade.  He is too good for this bum ass organization.  

First day of spring training, and this team has already exhausted my interest.

Odubel? Really? Just admit we aren't trying to win.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

First day of spring training, and this team has already exhausted my interest.

Odubel? Really? Just admit we aren't trying to win.

It’s bad I’m jealous of the Mets. That rotation is ridiculous. Ours has wheeler, overrated nola, eflin and Suarez. 

15 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Phillies they’ve been bad for a decade and actually tried to do a complete rebuild that just completely failed. And wasting Harper’s prime. 

Flyers are a bigger trainwreck now, and they’ve also mostly been bad for a decade now. They’ve won ONE playoff series in 10 years. And are FAR worse than the Phillies right now. 

22 minutes ago, nipples said:

Flyers are a bigger trainwreck now, and they’ve also mostly been bad for a decade now. They’ve won ONE playoff series in 10 years. And are FAR worse than the Phillies right now. 

The Phillies have won 0 playoff games cause they haven’t been to the playoffs in a decade. I much rather be a train wreck now and have to do a rebuild then the mediocrity that the Phillies are right now. We finally finished over .500 for the first time in 10 years. At least the flyers were competing I’m the playoffs 5 out of 10 years, won a playoff series and now going to bottom out. The Phillies bottomed out only to get back to being mediocre and could very well have to bottom out again to fix their farm or just stay at mediocre. The flyers might not have a top farm system but it’s vastly better than what the Phillies have going for them. the Phillies completely bottomed out and screwed themselves in the farm system with klentak and mcphail

Frankly both are bad. i hope I’m wrong but i see the Phillies being mediocre for the next 3-4 years and then having to tear it down and do what they were supposed to do back after their run. 

I haven't watched a Flyers game in over 10 years and haven't cared about them since like 2004 

I'd say about 20% of my friends are hockey fans..... All of the group chats I'm on will talk about the Phillies, Sixers and Eagles.... Nobody talks about the Flyers. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’d they don’t go nuts these next few days, I’m not spending the money on the MLB.TV package.  

Not trying to damper your optimism with the Phillies, but go look at the moves the Mets made and if freeman returns to the Braves, you think we have a realistic shot at the winning the division? The Mets rotation is degrom, scherzer, Bassitt, Walker and carascco. I Fing hate the Mets so i hope it implodes on them but that rotation is filthy. 

7 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I haven't watched a Flyers game in over 10 years and haven't cared about them since like 2004 

I'd say about 20% of my friends are hockey fans..... All of the group chats I'm on will talk about the Phillies, Sixers and Eagles.... Nobody talks about the Flyers. 

Hockey is always going to be behind baseball. That’s not surprising. It’s never going to be as popular as baseball. However the Phillies just completed a decade where they never made the playoffs, finished below .500 in 9 of 10 years, their farm system sucks and their owner makes comments of stupid money but then doesn’t want to go into the luxury tax and guys who were removed from their position but still kept around (klentak and mcphail) on payroll. Bryce, wheeler and realmuto are about the only reason to talk about the Phillies.