GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants, 12-11-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Cowboys celebrating like the won the Super Bowl. They had to claw back to beat the 1 win Texans. :roll:

Delusional fan base and a delusional team. The perfect combination of stupid. 

5 minutes ago, vaff said:

Oh, shut up.

I gave you several reasons why going for it on 4th and goal makes some sense in that situation.

I agree. The Texans werent a team trying to make the playoffs. Whether they won or lost that game made no difference for them. It was like a pickup game. Why would u kick a FG in that case.

Just now, opa-opa said:

I agree. The Texans werent a team trying to make the playoffs. Whether they won or lost that game made no difference for them. It was like a pickup game. Why would u kick a FG in that case.

Then don’t play the games? It has nothing to do with making the playoffs man. It has to do with being a good coach and putting your team in + situations. It’s a process, everything isn’t about THIS season. It’s about building and showing progress. 

This idea that non-playoff teams shouldn’t be trying to win games is a WILD idea. Especially with a 2 game lead on the first overall pick. 

You kick a FG to have more possibility to win the football game? Lmao. 

1 minute ago, GoEagles614 said:

Makes some sense if you don’t want to actually win. You’re the bad team with a bad OL, your RB off the field, QBs are weak, and no pass catchers that are reliable to win one on one. 

"If they scored a touchdown they win” lmao isn’t a reason. You can say that in literally any 4th down scenario ever. That doesn’t make it the logical choice. I gave you several more reasons, that are actually reasonable and tangible reasons that 99/100 coaches would’ve considered and agreed with haha. 

Dude, they have one win. IIf they kicked a FG and went up 6, the likely scenario is the Cowboys go the length of the field and score a TD. Just like they ended up doing.

You go for a TD and score, the game is over. And the fall back if you fail, is the Cowboys have to start the drive inside their own 5 and need a FG to tie, TD to win. It’s a lot easier to start a drive from the 25 than inside your own 5.

‘What I’m saying is that for a one win team with nothing to lose, the possibility of sealing the game right there, is worth the trade off that comes from the possibility of Cowboys starting the next drive from inside their 5 down 3 vs starting from the 25 down 6.

Just now, vaff said:

Dude, they have one win. IIf they kicked a FG and went up 6, the likely scenario is the Cowboys go the length of the field and score a TD. Just like they ended up doing.

You go for a TD and score, the game is over. And the fall back if you fail, is the Cowboys have to start the drive inside their own 5 and need a FG to tie, TD to win. It’s a lot easier to start a drive from the 25 than inside your own 5.

‘What I’m saying is that for a one win team with nothing to lose, the possibility of sealing the game right there, is worth the trade off that comes from the possibility of Cowboys starting the next drive from inside their 5 down 3 vs starting from the 25 down 6.

All I’m saying is, you have the worse team at every position in that scenario, you were 3rd and 1 and lost two yards, you just burned a timeout lining up to go for it on 4th. Your momentum is busted. 

Going up 6 forces the Cowboys to only have success with a TD.  

And IF they do go down the field and score, you’re down 1 with the possibility of getting in FG range to win the game. There’s 3:55 on the clock at the time. That’s too much time to leave points off the board. It’s not over if they score there either. 
    I can understand your point more if you’re up 4-5. Because you can still tie/win with a FG if the Cowboys score, and it’s not a FG possession for the cowboys to tie. 

4 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

All I’m saying is, you have the worse team at every position in that scenario, you were 3rd and 1 and lost two yards, you just burned a timeout lining up to go for it on 4th. Your momentum is busted. 

Going up 6 forces the Cowboys to only have success with a TD.  

And IF they do go down the field and score, you’re down 1 with the possibility of getting in FG range to win the game. There’s 3:55 on the clock at the time. That’s too much time to leave points off the board. It’s not over if they score there either. 
    I can understand your point more if you’re up 4-5. Because you can still tie/win with a FG if the Cowboys score, and it’s not a FG possession for the cowboys to tie. 

I honestly don’t have any strong feelings on what to do there. I can see advantages to both. I’m just confused as to why you’re so adamant about it.

1 minute ago, M.C. said:

JFC you'd think we'd lost the game way you hear people ****ing and moaning about the Fing cowboys game

Even if we do lose to Dallas it doesn't matter. We can beat the Bears, Saints and Giants again.

1 minute ago, vaff said:

I honestly don’t have any strong feelings on what to do there. I can see advantages to both. I’m just confused as to why you’re so adamant about it.

One is clearly the better decision based on all of the facts and how the sport works. That’s all. 

10 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

Clintched.thumb.jpg.64aa0376160ab1479c6e6a9c9338275a.jpg

Why are we the only team with an "X" after our name.....hahahahaha!

I want and xyz* after our name. 

2 minutes ago, M.C. said:

JFC you'd think we'd lost the game way you hear people ****ing and moaning about the Fing cowboys game

We’ve celebrated the Eagles W. Sorry I didn’t know we couldn’t have conversations without it being b* and moaning. 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yes please

At the minimum, all we have to do is beat the Bears, Saints and Gnats (again). Do that and the Dallass game is meaningless in terms of HFA. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

At the minimum, all we have to do is beat the Bears, Saints and Gnats (again). Do that and the Dallass game is meaningless in terms of HFA. 

Agreed, and it’s going to be a challenge for the Eagles to win three consecutive road games. Anyways I just want the Eagles to beat them so people can just shut up about them. 

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Here ya go:

VaBeach_Eaglexyz*

I take Visa, Mastercard...

what a much better game from the Oline without I don't recall any pre-snap penalties.

32 minutes ago, M.C. said:

Eagles hasn't got division nor #1 seed clinched yet.

Archived