GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears, 12-18-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

21 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I do not know if anyone said this, but Hurts was off. I saw him eyeing his receivers multiple times throughout the game. This is why he threw so many interceptions and could have been many many more. Great win. But so many things to fix. The entire team needs a jolt. Cowboys will not roll over..despite what many wish. I know that we are in the great position, but we need to be picking up steam at this point going into the playoffs, and not loosing it. It just felt like Eagles overlooked this game despite saying they would not. I am a little concerned.

So um the last 3 previous games averaging close to 40 without Goddert isn't picking up steam?  Relax.....this game had this type of game written all over it.   I didn't enjoy it, but I expected it.  Brutal cold, windy, road game with Dallas coming up.....I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if we had lost it.  And the Texans took Dallas and KC to overtime in consecutive weeks.  Minnesota needed a furious comeback vs. Indy.  This is the NFL and from what we have seen the last two weeks alone, getting this victory should be valued, not devalued! 

57 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I do not know if anyone said this, but Hurts was off. I saw him eyeing his receivers multiple times throughout the game. This is why he threw so many interceptions and could have been many many more. Great win. But so many things to fix. The entire team needs a jolt. Cowboys will not roll over..despite what many wish. I know that we are in the great position, but we need to be picking up steam at this point going into the playoffs, and not loosing it. It just felt like Eagles overlooked this game despite saying they would not. I am a little concerned.

Prior to this game we scored about 120 points - average 40 ppg. I’d say that’s a decent head of steam. 

was always going to be tough against chicago, especially with that weather. I’m not concerned in the slightest 

4 hours ago, vaff said:

He shouldn't jump to any conclusions about Philly weather in December and January.  We have 2 home games at the end of year and we'll likely host multiple playoff games in January.  We could have the exact same conditions or worse in any of those games.

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh yours did too. Mine did exactly the same and then just kept doing a loop of the same 10 seconds from the ad break up to the point where we were about to snap the ball. 

Just to let ye know that I went and checked just now to see if perhaps they might have fixed the issue and shock horror they have actually fixed it so the game is there in full now.

I am concerned with a stat I heard this morning... 12 passing attempts of 20 or more yards against the Bears. I get it that these coaches thought they could exploit the Bear's defense downfield, but when you consider the weather and the close score in the game, I would have preferred they run the ball with much more consistency using Sanders, Gainwell, and Scott. I agree with one analysis that said that the Birds seemed to be searching for the big home run play far too much in this game.

1 hour ago, JamesK said:

He shouldn't jump to any conclusions about Philly weather in December and January.  We have 2 home games at the end of year and we'll likely host multiple playoff games in January.  We could have the exact same conditions or worse in any of those games.

I posted this earlier. 

And then there was this from Jimmy Kempski

Analysis: Way back in joint practices in Miami this summer, the Florida temperatures were around 90 degrees, but somehow it felt far more sweltering than the hottest days in the Philly area that occasionally surpass triple digits. It was just a different kind heat, where the temps feel way hotter than the actual number.

Similarly, Chicago feels way colder than the temps would suggest. It was around 18 degrees with winds of around 12-15 MPH on Sunday morning, when I had to choose between getting an Uber from my hotel to the game, or walking. Coming from the Philly area, I've seen plenty of 18 degree days. "Screw it, I'm a tough, rugged man, I'll walk," my dumb brain volunteered on behalf of the rest of my body. Bad idea. It was only about 1.2 miles, but that walk suuuuucked. The air coming off the Lake Michigan is just absolutely bone chilling, and I haven't been that cold in a very long time. I didn't have gloves, and my hands basically didn't work when I got to the media entrance. I was legitimately struggling to open the zipper on my computer bag so that security could inspect it. 

It’s just a different kind of cold there than Philly.

45 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Just to let ye know that I went and checked just now to see if perhaps they might have fixed the issue and shock horror they have actually fixed it so the game is there in full now.

It was pretty rubbish timing because it was a crucial moment in the game really. 

Hurts admitted he is not used to that kind of cold weather. BUT- he then said he knows that he has to prepare for it from here on out. So Hurts is going to do something about it. That's one reason I support him- if he see's something in himself that needs correcting, what does he do? Ignore it, like Ben Simmons, or go to work on it right away- the Jalen Hurts way. I know it sounded corny, but it's true, too. I bet money that Jalen Hurts will make himself a better cold weather player. 

Here's some funny Cowboys fans rants: from January- 

.From yesterday (start at 3:30:30)-

17 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Here's some funny Cowboys fans rants: from January- 

.From yesterday (start at 3:30:30)-

what a bunch of Fing freaks they all are

Archived