GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears, 12-18-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

I was telling people earlier- you CAN pass the ball in cold weather. There wasn't 4 feet of snow or rain. F in snowflakes. 🤣

The wind is what was bothering me. I wasn’t there so I don’t know, but I wonder how much the wind affected the long passes that were way off today. I think we could have scored almost every drive if we just didn’t go bombs away like we did. Not complaining, anymore at least. 😉 

Just now, Birdman said:

I want to stay objective and hold Hurts accountable, but I'm positive that the pass-heavy approach wasn't complimentary to weather conditions

Great connections to Smith and AJ today, and it sounds like we'll get Goeddert back next week :Eagle_smiley:

Oh yeah for sure they didn't help him out today at all. The wind was bad and it was rather baffling that they were so pass heavy today. 

15 minutes ago, vaff said:

Or Cowboys loss. We have 13. They can’t get to 13 with another loss.

Who cares about the Cows. We need 1 win to clinch home field 

Just now, Portyansky said:

We just need one more win to at worst tie Minn which we own tie breaker.

Yeah I was off on my original though because I thought Minnesota had 4 losses.

1 minute ago, vaff said:

I’m not sure, but I think we did that in 2004.

I'm sure they'll look at the stats and they'll do their analysis to help inform their decision. Ultimately its a really interesting one because there are pros and cons to both. 

5 minutes ago, vaff said:

Playcalling, but also the weather, imo. I’m soft, I wouldn’t want to play in that cold 😆.

Yeah it was Brick Windy City out there and we were bombs away the first half, lol.   

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You wouldn't know a smart post if it smacked you in the face. Now do us all a favour and sling your hook.

Well I guess I won't be slapped by your posts

3 minutes ago, vaff said:

I’m not sure, but I think we did that in 2004.

I think Siri was playing WR for Mount Union in 2004. 😆 

2 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I think in the second last game of the season vs the Rams the starters played one series. Then in the finale vs the Bengals they didn’t play at all.

So nfl game pass or nfl + in America decided to cut the eagles game off with 2:00 minutes remaining which was nice. Also the cowboys game got the same treatment. I had to see it on redzone. 166 euro a year for this substandard crap. 

4 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

New Orleans better not win their division lol

Filing in the worst-case-scenario cabinet

9 minutes ago, vaff said:

Devil’s advocate for a moment. If we win next week, we’ll probably rest our starters vs the Saints. And we want them to lose.

Primary goal: win the Super Bowl.  A few spots of an additional 1st round draft pick is not the important goal.

But I don't think they'll rest starters for 3 weeks in a row:  Saints, Giants, bye.  Then they risk being rusty.  

8 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

We'll still want to be N.O. the following week to push their draft spot up as far as we can.

I agree. I don't want them going 3 weeks without the starters playing.

Just now, CalgarEAGLES said:

Filing in the west-case-scenario cabinet

Yup. Just let Tampa Tom win the division again. Then have them beat Dallas in the playoffs 👍

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Primary goal: win the Super Bowl.  A few spots of an additional 1st round draft pick is not the important goal.

But I don't think they'll rest starters for 3 weeks in a row:  Saints, Giants, bye.  Then they risk being rusty.  

Maybe rest them week 18 but I doubt they do it week 17 no matter what happens against Dallas.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

FWIW all the Eagles need is a tie in any of the last 3 but ties are weird and rare.

At this point, I really want that 14th win.

7 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

And now she lives in my phone.  Amazing.

58 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Did you guys know the eagles play the cowboys next week, christmas eve, in the biggest game of the year?!! :o

It used to be the biggest game of the year. Now it isn’t. And all of my fantasy football Eagles will be watching most of the game from the sidelines. ☹️

they're doing this without Goedert and being paper thin at safety.  

Goedert back for Cowboys game hopefully.  And I forget when CJG coming back but he's been a huge player for us so he will ball out in the playoffs.  

13 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Yeah I was off on my original though because I thought Minnesota had 4 losses.

They should have, but Matt Ryan lead teams like to set records for allowing comebacks. But regardless we would still need to win 1 more game unless Dallas loses another.

So yea, 1 more win. Lol

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

At this point, I really want that 14th win.

If they win 16 they will be the 2nd team to do that. If they win 16 and 3 for 19 they will be the only team to ever do that.

I'm greedy.

2 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

They should have, but Matt Ryan lead teams like to set records for allowing comebacks. But regardless we would still need to win 1 more game unless Dallas loses another.

So yea, 1 more win. Lol

Yeah I forgot they came back yesterday. It’s in my head that they lost yesterday 😂

Are they flexing the Cowboys/Eagles to prime time? It’s still a huge gsme and the current matchup is garbage.

Archived