GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears, 12-18-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Does that mean we can win the division next week with a W?

We clinch everything with a win.

I don't want to just beat the Cowboys, I want a dominant blowout like they did against the Giants.  They'll be so shook they'll lose to the Titans the following week too.

Just now, rrfierce said:

AJ 181 yards

Smith 126 yards 

that a career high for AJ ?

I was telling people earlier- you CAN pass the ball in cold weather. There wasn't 4 feet of snow or rain. F in snowflakes. 🤣

7 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

1 more period. Vikings are 3 behind 4 with the tie breaker I think right?

Um yeah that seems right.  The vikes are 11-3.   They could get to 14-3.  So one win would mean we tie in that case.  And since we hold the tie breaker we would win.  So yeah I think one more then.  Unless I’m just feeling the IPAs and can’t math.  😂 

1 minute ago, rrfierce said:

AJ 181 yards

Smith 126 yards 

that a career high for AJ ?

Yes, 156 was his previous high.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah Hurts was not good today. He made big plays and helped us win but he didn't play well. And yet despite that he had over 300 yards and got 3 TDs. Bad days are going to happen for all QBs and hopefully Hurts just got one out of the way. 

From what I understand he made a few bad passes and one bad INT, that does not mean a bad game, that means bad moments, you again I am convinced are just trolling us here

Just now, vaff said:

Devil’s advocate for a moment. If we win next week, we’ll probably rest our starters vs the Saints. And we want them to lose.

I don't think we will. I think we will manage our starters if we secure the #1 seed next week. We can't go 3-4 weeks not having our starters play. 

1 minute ago, KINGnabb said:

This was Jalen's worst game of the season turnover wise and he still had 3 TD's on the Ground and 300 through the air.   I blame play calling for our slow start on Offense.  That Dallas Loss pretty much locked everything up for us.  We are now 3 1/2 games up with 3 to play.  They won't catch us.  

Playcalling, but also the weather, imo. I’m soft, I wouldn’t want to play in that cold 😆.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

I don't want to just beat the Cowboys, I want a dominant blowout like they did against the Giants.  They'll be so shook they'll lose to the Titans the following week too.

THIS 

Just now, NOTW said:

That would be great to just go in there and show them why we are the best team in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, vaff said:

Devil’s advocate for a moment. If we win next week, we’ll probably rest our starters vs the Saints. And we want them to lose.

Maybe, is that Siri's M.O.? (Resting starters) 

Obviously I love a WIN, but I wish it wasn't so ugly & close against a team that we should have slaughtered.

It's not that I can't be happy.  It's that this team has shot my expectations through the roof.  I believe in them.  I believe that they can beat any team in the league.  A game like this against a better team would have made sense, but I expected them to be able to treat Chicago a little more like they treated NYG.

That's all.  Happy for the win, and happy 'bout the Cowpie loss.  Go Birdz!!!!!

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think we will. I think we will manage our starters if we secure the #1 seed next week. We can't go 3-4 weeks not having our starters play. 

Finally a smart post, congrats, some here are unable to put a coherent sentence together so you are getting better

I’m not sure, but I think we did that in 2004.

Just now, DBW said:

Um yeah that seems right.  The vikes are 11-3.   They could get to 14-3.  So one win would mean we tie in that case.  And since we hold the tie breaker we would win.  So yeah I think one more then.  Unless I’m just feeling the IPAs and can’t math.  😂 

Yeah I thought Minnesota had 4 losses not 3. Think I forgot they won yesterday 😂. Basically Eagles win 1 the division and conference are theirs. Cowboys & Vikings lose 1 it’s the same result. Just beat Dallas and they 2 weeks to kind of take it easy.

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

From what I understand he made a few bad passes and one bad INT, that does not mean a bad game, that means bad moments, you again I am convinced are just trolling us here

How the F am I trolling? Hurts didn't have a good game today. But I'm not blasting Hurts. I'm a huge Hurts guy so just pipe the F down.

Yeah Hurts was not good today. He made big plays and helped us win but he didn't play well. And yet despite that he had over 300 yards and got 3 TDs. Bad days are going to happen for all QBs and hopefully Hurts just got one out of the way. 

I want to stay objective and hold Hurts accountable, but I'm positive that the pass-heavy approach wasn't complimentary to weather conditions

Great connections to Smith and AJ today, and it sounds like we'll get Goeddert back next week :Eagle_smiley:

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We clinch everything with a win.

We'll still want to be N.O. the following week to push their draft spot up as far as we can.

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Finally a smart post, congrats, some here are unable to put a coherent sentence together so you are getting better

You wouldn't know a smart post if it smacked you in the face. Now do us all a favour and sling your hook.

Just now, DBW said:

The Eagles magic number coming into today was 3

Eagles win means 2

Cowboys loss means 1

The Eagles also clinch at 13-4 if  Dallas, SF, and Minnesota lose at least 1 more game.

SF would have the conference record tiebreaker over Philly but only if they go 3-0 and the Eagles go 0-3.

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The two picks today were all on Hurts. But he still had 300 yards and 3 rushing tds. So it wasn’t an awful game.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Maybe, is that Siri's M.O.? (Resting starters) 

Most likely. Remember all the criticism he got because of training camp and preseason?

12 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

If Dallas loses 1 and Philly lost out wouldn’t the Eagles win? They’d have 4 losses to Dallas 5. Pressure is all on Dallas now.

We just need one more win to at worst tie Minn which we own tie breaker.

Archived