Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biden Administration Looking Into Nationwide Gas Stove Ban

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

If you like your gas stove, you can keep your gas stove.  

 

phew-dogs.gif

I have never liked electric stoves. Ovens are fine, but gas is far better, and faster reacting heat control.

I'm keeping my gas stove.

This is approaching ridiculous.  

I thinks this BS. I've never heard any Dems talk about this. 

It isn't really BS. Recent studies have shown there are real health dangers, especially for kids.

My guess is that maybe new homes installing gas stoves will require some sort of ventilation to make code.

Welp. I do know that a family member who has used gas stoves all her life, moved to a condo where they have electric stoves and she hates it. I bet most people who use electric stoves hate them as well. 

Quote

On Monday, Richard Trumka Jr., one of the four commissioners of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, said in an interview that the agency was considering a ban on gas stoves — or, at least, standards around the amount of toxic fumes such stoves can spew into Americans’ kitchens. Some cities — including Los Angeles, Seattle and New York — have already moved to ban gas stoves in certain new homes and apartments. Kathy Hochul (D), the governor of New York, has also proposed banning gas hookups, including for gas stoves, in new buildings in the entire state.

So no, Joe Biden is not going to create a gas stove gestapo to break into your home and rip out your gas stove 

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

It isn't really BS. Recent studies have shown there are real health dangers, especially for kids.

My guess is that maybe new homes installing gas stoves will require some sort of ventilation to make code.

Isn't that already required by code?

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Isn't that already required by code?

I doubt it.

I have propane gas burners as we don't have natural gas hook-ups here.

I also have a gas detector that alerts me if gas was building up next to the range. And a hood with external ventilation.

This is stupid. Wood fireplaces are much worse from a health and safety standpoint, and I'd never advocate going after that either.

Some kind of awareness campaign so that citizens with gas ranges are informed of possible risks and how they might be mitigated is fine I guess. Anything more than that and maybe building code updates is crazy overreach.

:lol:  

3 hours ago, Toastrel said:

It isn't really BS. Recent studies have shown there are real health dangers, especially for kids.

My guess is that maybe new homes installing gas stoves will require some sort of ventilation to make code.

Can't everyone just wear masks?

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Can't everyone just wear masks?

Not without breathable air, no.

Just now, Toastrel said:

Not without breathable air, no.

Get better masks

Just now, DrPhilly said:

Get better masks

Get better jokes.

1 minute ago, Toastrel said:

Get better jokes.

yeah that too

Biden agrees with everyone in here

Quote

The White House on Wednesday asserted that President Joe Biden does not support a ban on gas stoves after a federal consumer safety official suggested that such a proposal was on the table.

Put the man on the 20 dollar bill already

3 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

Biden agrees with everyone in here

Put the man on the 20 dollar bill already

Only the $20?  What do you have against him?????

2 minutes ago, paco said:

Only the $20?  What do you have against him?????

The 20 seems like the go-to bill for controversy.  If I remember correctly, didn't Obama sign a bill that said Harriet Tubman would go on the 20?  And didn't Trump rescind that?   Biden should call Trump's bluff and sign a bill to put himself on it.

15 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

The 20 seems like the go-to bill for controversy.  If I remember correctly, didn't Obama sign a bill that said Harriet Tubman would go on the 20?  And didn't Trump rescind that?   Biden should call Trump's bluff and sign a bill to put himself on it.

only chance is if they put him on the $50 over grant.  

2 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

only chance is if they put him on the $50 over grant.  

They should consider just putting him on all the money, ala the Queen.  Or put him on the 100, Jill on the 10, Hunter on the 20, etc.  I think every American could get behind something like that.

1 minute ago, VanHammersly said:

They should consider just putting him on all the money, ala the Queen.  Or put him on the 100, Jill on the 10, Hunter on the 20, etc.  I think every American could get behind something like that.

trumpers would drain their bank accounts and burn all of the cash in protest because .... well they're stupid. 

 

omg what a glorious time it would be to be alive. 

1 hour ago, VanHammersly said:

They should consider just putting him on all the money, ala the Queen.  Or put him on the 100, Jill on the 10, Hunter on the 20, etc.  I think every American could get behind something like that.

He needs to go on the $1 so I can put Hunter Biden in the g-string of local single moms.

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

trumpers would drain their bank accounts and burn all of the cash in protest because .... well they're stupid. 

 

omg what a glorious time it would be to be alive. 

So you're saying Biden would solve inflation too? 

GENIUS.

1 hour ago, paco said:

Only the $20?  What do you have against him?????

 

1 hour ago, VanHammersly said:

The 20 seems like the go-to bill for controversy.  If I remember correctly, didn't Obama sign a bill that said Harriet Tubman would go on the 20?  And didn't Trump rescind that?   Biden should call Trump's bluff and sign a bill to put himself on it.

 

1 hour ago, VanHammersly said:

They should consider just putting him on all the money, ala the Queen.  

luP4IcO.jpg

Biden administration: We have no plans to ban gas stoves

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-administration-we-have-no-plans-to-ban-gas-stoves-173251111.html

A Biden administration official said Wednesday there is no ban on the sale of new gas stoves in the works, after a colleague’s Monday comments raising the possibility sparked backlash from conservatives.

"I am not looking to ban gas stoves and the CPSC has no proceeding to do so,” Consumer Product Safety Commission Chairman Alexander Hoehn-Saric said in a statement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.