Super Wild Card Weekend Discussion

GroundAttack

6 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Damn I wish there was a way we could play Minnesota next week 😂

We need a rule where #1 seed picks opponent

51 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Both QBs are on fire!

The Defenses are each struggling.

Why do I envision our D getting torched next week, no matter who the opponent is?! 😬

If we let the Giants score 30 points on us, we deserve to lose.

^^^^^^
Agreed. But, I could see them (or TB/Dallas) getting up on us early, knowing our DC and his passive style of D. 

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

How the hell did this team win 13 games lol

I think the Vikes won something like 10 games this season by one score or less. So, they easily could have had only about 9 or 10 wins. 

Only thing that I feel is a little concerning playing NYG is it seems they have found a way to utilize Jones in the run game. I pray we don't play our CBs 7-10yds off. Jones doesn't throw deep, dink and dunk.

34 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Game over. Pray we beat the Giants next week or history says they win the whole thing.

Eli still playing? 

Respect Baltimore and how physical their defense has always been 

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Both QBs are on fire!

The Defenses are each struggling.

Why do I envision our D getting torched next week, no matter who the opponent is?! 😬

bc ganon sucks

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Yep, sucks so bad that his defense is 7th in PPG. 

And what happened in Dallas? Why did it take a half of football to adjust yo the saints? The eagles aren’t going to be facing anemic offenses in the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

And what happened in Dallas? Why did it take a half of football to adjust yo the saints? The eagles aren’t going to be facing anemic offenses in the playoffs. 

What happened in Dallas? The Cowboys were handed four extra drives on turnovers. And the Saints? Really? Defense only allowed 13 points. One TD on the opening drive, then not a single one after that. 

Even so, the best defenses sometimes have bad games. Hell the Niners gave up 34 points to the Raiders backup QB just a few weeks ago. 

Bottom line is Gannon’s defense is top ten in the league for points allowed. I swear people don’t watch the NFL outside of Eagle games, so have no frame of reference on what the majority of NFL defenses look like.  

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

What happened in Dallas? The Cowboys were handed four extra drives on turnovers.

They were not EXTRA drives.  Whether the Eagles scored, punted, or turned the ball over, the Cowboys were going to get the ball after each Eagles possession.

The average possessions per game in the NFL is 12, the Cowboys had 12.

The issue in the game was, short field, long field, did not matter, the Eagles defense could not stop them.

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

What happened in Dallas? The Cowboys were handed four extra drives on turnovers. And the Saints? Really? Defense only allowed 13 points. One TD on the opening drive, then not a single one after that. 

Even so, the best defenses sometimes have bad games. Hell the Niners gave up 34 points to the Raiders backup QB just a few weeks ago. 

Bottom line is Gannon’s defense is too ten in the league for points allowed. I swear people don’t watch the NFL outside of Eagle games, so have no frame of reference on what the majority of NFL defenses look like.  

Excluding the drives that were as a result of turnovers they did not stop the cowboys once.

The niners are in same boat as eagles. Some of their def statics are a result of average/below average offenses due to strength of schedule. Yeah niners gave up a lot of points to KC/LV the only legit offenses they played all season. 

Just now, downundermike said:

They were not EXTRA drives.  Whether the Eagles scored, punted, or turned the ball over, the Cowboys were going to get the ball after each Eagles possession.

The average possessions per game in the NFL is 12, the Cowboys had 12.

The issue in the game was, short field, long field, did not matter, the Eagles defense could not stop them.

Whether they were "extra” drives or not, they were major swings that out the defense in a bad spot. Three of the four turnovers were on the wrong side of the 50.  One of them basically had the Cowboys take over already in the redzone. 

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Excluding the drives that were as a result of turnovers they did not stop the cowboys once.

The niners are in same boat as eagles. Some of their def statics are a result of average/below average offenses due to strength of schedule. Yeah niners gave up a lot of points to KC/LV the only legit offenses they played all season. 

And now you’re also saying the #1 defense in the league isn’t good enough. Again, watch more games outside of just the Eagles. It’s an offense driven league. Even good defenses are going to give up 30 points here and there. 

We just saw the Bills #2 ranked defense give up 24 to Miami’s backup QB. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Whether they were "extra” drives or not, they were major swings that out the defense in a bad spot. Three of the four turnovers were on the wrong side of the 50.  One of them basically had the Cowboys take over already in the redzone. 

Non turnover possessions for Dallas.

14 plays 75 yards TD

13 plays 72 yards FG

9 plays 49 yards FG

8 plays 75 yards TD

271 yards on 4 possessions.  We were not stopping them.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Non turnover possessions for Dallas.

14 plays 75 yards TD

13 plays 72 yards FG

9 plays 49 yards FG

8 plays 75 yards TD

271 yards on 4 possessions.  We were not stopping them.

And none of that changes the fact that the Cowboys were unlikely to score 40 points without all those turnovers. 

And even if they did, so what? Every defense in the league has bad games. If you’re going to hold this team to that standard that they can’t allow a lot of points in any game, then there is no such thing as a good NFL defense. They ALL have games where they don’t have it. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

And now you’re also saying the #1 defense in the league isn’t good enough. Again, watch more games outside of just the Eagles. It’s an offense driven league. Even good defenses are going to give up 30 points here and there. 

We just saw the Bills #2 ranked defense give up 24 to Miami’s backup QB. 

I’m saying it doesn’t mean anything; but I’m the type to look beyond the "average.” I look at how they did against teams with competent offenses/qbs and they didn’t do so well. With the exception of maybe the giants; the remaining teams have competent high scoring offenses.

Archived