Super Wild Card Weekend Discussion

GroundAttack

Thanks to @EagleJoe8 for letting me do the weekly discussions again for this season. Lets get into Wild Card Weekend.

Saturday, January 14, 2021:

Seattle @ San Francisco, 4:40 PM. Seattle getting in thanks to a Lions loss gets them a first round matchup against the Niners who are winners of 10 straight. No one predicted Geno vs. Brock at the beginning of the year but here we are.

Los Angeles Chargers @ Jacksonville, 8:15 PM. Happy for the Jags and Doug Pederson who are back in the playoffs for the first time since 2017. The Chargers who have been battling injuries all year will be on the road in this one as Herbert is ready to make his playoff debut.

Sunday, January 15, 2021:

Miami @ Buffalo, 1:00 PM. Word came out today that Damar Hamlin has been sent back home. Awesome news for someone who went through a huge scare just 9 days ago. Also word came out today that Tua is OUT for this game. The Bills should win. 

New York Giants @ Minnesota, 4:40 PM. A good afternoon one here as the Giants who are back in the postseason for the first time since 2016 play the Vikings who just played them a couple weeks ago in a tough loss after a 61 yard FG won the game for the Vikings. Big statement game for Kirk Cousins.

Baltimore @ Cincinnati, 8:15 PM. Lamar Jackson still hasn't practiced for the Ravens and looks more and more likely that we will see Tyler Huntley on the road against the Bengals.

Monday, January 16, 2021:

Dallas @ Tampa Bay, 8:15 PM. Brady is 6-0 against Dallas all time and will look to make it 7-0 in the finale of wild card weekend. 

I think our cheering guide for NFC should be 49ers over Seahawks, Giants over Vikings, and Buccaneers over Cowboys so Eagles would play Giants and Cowboys can play 49ers just in case Cowboys win. It would be scary to play against Cowboys with track record against Cowboys. Last 2 wins were against Cowboys backup QBs.

11 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I think our cheering guide for NFC should be 49ers over Seahawks, Giants over Vikings, and Buccaneers over Cowboys so Eagles would play Giants and Cowboys can play 49ers just in case Cowboys win. It would be scary to play against Cowboys with track record against Cowboys. Last 2 wins were against Cowboys backup QBs.

I'd rather not face the 49ers at all, so I'll root against them this week. If they end up playing Dallas then so be it. I'd root for them then. 

Herbert is fun to watch but Chargers have let me down too many times this season in my pickem lol

Lol what are the odds for the Bills game? Has to be close to a record predicted landslide

I find it amusing that the NFL watered down the playoffs by adding more teams, then dubbed it 'Super' Wildcard Weekend to hype it up. 

If the NFL was rigged as some say, the Bengals would clearly defeat the Ravens and Bills would defeat Miami so that the rematch would occur in a location of NFL's choosing to not only bring in the max revenue for sales but also for tv ratings. Of course Chiefs would defeat chargers or Jaguars to make the highest tv ratings of an AFC Championship game in history.
_-----___------___-----

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I find it amusing that the NFL watered down the playoffs by adding more teams, then dubbed it 'Super' Wildcard Weekend to hype it up. 

Not that I care this year, but the monday night game puts those teams at a disadvantage having to play 5-6 days later.

10 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Not that I care this year, but the monday night game puts those teams at a disadvantage having to play 5-6 days later.

Rams played the Monday night game at home last year, then went on the road the following Sunday and beat Tampa.

22 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Herbert is fun to watch but Chargers have let me down too many times this season in my pickem lol

Lol what are the odds for the Bills game? Has to be close to a record predicted landslide

I love the chargers as a non nfc opponent but, they seem like the eagles of the AFC at times lol

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I love the chargers as a non nfc opponent but, they seem like the eagles of the AFC at times lol

They are the only road team I am picking to win this weekend.

Just now, downundermike said:

They are the only road team I am picking to win this weekend.

I was a huge ladainian Tomlinson fan so chargers are always a soft spot for me. I hope they get some post season success this year

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was a huge ladainian Tomlinson fan so chargers are always a soft spot for me. I hope they get some post season success this year

Chargers Chiefs would be a great second round matchup.

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Chargers Chiefs would be a great second round matchup.

Yea hoping the Chargers advance. Losing Mike Williams though hurts

15 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

Yea hoping the Chargers advance. Losing Mike Williams though hurts

It does. I’ve no idea what Brandon Staley was thinking having his starters in last week when it didn’t matter to the chargers. 

1 minute ago, Fresh_Prince said:

49ers looking beatable :thumbsup:

It's a divisional opponent (tougher than other teams), which shows why I don't want to see Cowboys in Playoffs.

I wonder what SF does at QB next season. This wonder kid that’s just killing it. Jimmy G (trade him or is he a FA?). Or the 1st round pick on that kid from North Dakota State. I cannot even remember his name. 

Archived