Super Wild Card Weekend Discussion

GroundAttack

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

And none of that changes the fact that the Cowboys were unlikely to score 40 points without all those turnovers. 

And even if they did, so what? Every defense in the league has bad games. If you’re going to hold this team to that standard that they can’t allow a lot of points in any game, then there is no such thing as a good NFL defense. They ALL have games where they don’t have it. 

They scored 49 against the Bears ( 1 turnover )

It is not about a bad game.  It is your biggest rival, with the #1 seed on the line, with the back up QB.  They should have had one of their best games of the season, not their worst.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They scored 49 against the Bears ( 1 turnover )

It is not about a bad game.  It is your biggest rival, with the #1 seed on the line, with the back up QB.  They should have had one of their best games of the season, not their worst.

What does the Bears game have to do with anything? Logically if a team scores 40 points in a game where they get four turnovers, its a good bet that they wouldn’t have put up quite that many without the turnovers. Especially when they were on short fields. 

Either way, that isn’t the point. Even if the defense played poorly in that game doesn’t mean they aren’t still a top defense. Niners gave up 44 to KC, and 34 to the Raiders. Bills just gave up 24 to Miami with their third string QB and were lucky that Miami was dropping passes left and right in the first half or it would have been worse.  The Ravens defense gave up 42 Miami. 

The league is about offense, and there’s no defense that locks teams down every single game. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

What does the Bears game have to do with anything? Logically if a team scores 40 points in a game where they get four turnovers, its a good bet that they wouldn’t have put up quite that many without the turnovers. Especially when they were on short fields. 

Either way, that isn’t the point. Even if the defense played poorly in that game doesn’t mean they aren’t still a top defense. Niners gave up 44 to KC, and 34 to the Raiders. Bills just gave up 24 to Miami with their third string QB and were lucky that Miami was dropping passes left and right in the first half or it would have been worse.  The Ravens defense gave up 42 Miami. 

The league is about offense, and there’s no defense that locks teams down every single game. 

You can figure out the bolded.

I will say it again.  It is about the situation, division rival, #1 seed on the line with the backup QB.  They should have played a great game that day.

I have no feeling on tonight’s game. Cowboys sucked last week, and it seems as if TB always beats them. But TB is just not that good of a team, IMO. 

28 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I have no feeling on tonight’s game. Cowboys sucked last week, and it seems as if TB always beats them. But TB is just not that good of a team, IMO. 

Neither of these teams has any chance of winning or making it to the Superbowl or NFC Championship game

Just now, LacesOut said:

Cowboys should win this game, right??!!

TB is just so……meh

That is being kind

8 minutes ago, nipples said:

Brady is cooked. Should have stayed retired. 

Maybe with a loss here he finally retires. So slow of an Offense, they have.

The Cowboys probably think they are going to get a home NFC Championship game, they are going to be so sad this time next week when reality kicks in :roll:

Bowles is not a NFL head coach. The bucs defense sucks 

This is embarrassing for the Bucs & Brady, he should've stayed retired.

The Cowboys think they did something, Brady is 45 years old & washed up, the Bucs are a below .500 team. The 49ers are going to give them reality next week.

I haven't seen any of the game, but was watching the numbers on NFL.COM. The Dallass really miss 4 or 5 PAT's? :huh: 

On 1/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, LacesOut said:

TB can win against the Boys, no??

See why I wanted Giants to win?

44 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't seen any of the game, but was watching the numbers on NFL.COM. The Dallass really miss 4 or 5 PAT's? :huh: 

Yes LOL

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Who was kicking, Dak? :huh: 

Maher, who will be cut tomorrow 

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Four straight in this game and I believe missed his last one in week 18. So overall he missed 5 in a row 

Archived