DCU Thread

BFit

i probably could have put this in the snyder cut thread, but figured it needed its own. News keeps coming out about the Flash movie. Apparently they are pursuing Jefferey Dean Morgan to play the Thomas Wayne Batman, and Micheal Keaton to play the Bruce Wayne Batman in an adaptation of Flashpoint. Just that alone is the building blocks to make a great movie. (its WB so they might still screw it up anyway :lol: ). 

7 hours ago, BFit said:

i probably could have put this in the snyder cut thread, but figured it needed its own. News keeps coming out about the Flash movie. Apparently they are pursuing Jefferey Dean Morgan to play the Thomas Wayne Batman, and Micheal Keaton to play the Bruce Wayne Batman in an adaptation of Flashpoint. Just that alone is the building blocks to make a great movie. (its WB so they might still screw it up anyway :lol: ). 

I didn't like the Flash in JL, I know many did.  

After watching Joker, I thought DC should have set their universe in the 70s and did a retro vibe for all of the movies.  Wonder Woman is going back to 1984 for the sequel.  They could have done an X-Men First Class type retro thing.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

I didn't like the Flash in JL, I know many did.  

After watching Joker, I thought DC should have set their universe in the 70s and did a retro vibe for all of the movies.  Wonder Woman is going back to 1984 for the sequel.  They could have done an X-Men First Class type retro thing.

biggest downside to those x-men movies is doing decade apart increments where everyone adopts wolverine's anti-aging abilities. and the last two movies were pretty trash, yet the aging is still the worst to me somehow

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 8:10 AM, Agent23 said:

biggest downside to those x-men movies is doing decade apart increments where everyone adopts wolverine's anti-aging abilities. and the last two movies were pretty trash, yet the aging is still the worst to me somehow

Yes that was dumb.  

DC should just shut it down if they don't get it right with wonder woman 1984

11 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

DC should just shut it down if they don't get it right with wonder woman 1984

The reason the MCU worked was Marvel got tired of movie companies buying their products and making the stories however they wanted.  They created their own studio and had Marvel people who know and love their product and fans in charge.  They picked the producers, directors, actors, etc.  They dictated the roadmap for the story.  They made sure the movies were connected.  Made it easier for cameos and references.  

Nolan's trilogy which was mostly great (didn't like the 3rd one too much) could have been a launchpad but they very quickly after rebooted again with Ben Affleck since Bale didn't want to do it anymore.  Had they planned ahead they could have done that same type of world building with Batman Begins and Man of Steel.  Plus too many elements in BvS and JL just didn't work.

I think it could have been interesting to go retro and set everything in the 70s when a lot of movies were dark and gritty.  They did a decent job on the TV show Gotham with the look and feel for the most part although they blended technology with cell phones but flash bulb cameras and that sort of thing.  But that might have been a way to set further apart from Marvel do go retro.

I think the DC tv stuff is much better than the cinema world. even the CW stuff is pretty good. but I really like the DC universe shows, titans, doom patrol (I think season 2 just dropped?), and now stargirl. they just missed the mark with the movies. I don't hate any of them, but wonder woman is the only one I'd call real good to great.

There’s so much talk about bringing back Michael Keaton to play Batman and even bringing in Michelle Pfeiffer. Bad ideas IMO

Wish DC was able to do what Marvel did. Justice League done right would have been awesome on the big screen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

There’s so much talk about bringing back Michael Keaton to play Batman and even bringing in Michelle Pfeiffer. Bad ideas IMO

Batman Beyond might be a good way to go. 

• Like 1

id love to see them try some sort of crisis on infinite earths type of thing with keatons batman, since hes supposed to start showing up in a "fury" type way in future DC movies. 

Honestly, they should do a live action version of the 90's cartoon with an Art Deco vibe and film it Film Noir style like Sin City.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Honestly, they should do a live action version of the 90's cartoon with an Art Deco vibe and film it Film Noir style like Sin City.

Yeah. I would love that. 

I would also like to see a noir 1930s Batman movie. 

dafoe only, close the book on the rest of the  Hot Topic models.

honestly, id love to see how leo would play joker. i know a lot of people would love to see dafoe, but i think hes too old to be opposite pattison. skarsgard could maybe work, but i dont know what kinda range he has. 

Most of those are ridiculous, especially Jim Carey no thank you.

Leonardo DiCaprio could be interesting.  Problem is we've had 3 Jokers on film, 2 of them iconic.  So to keep doing that character is very hard to pull off.

I'd cast Leo or Paul Bettany as the Riddler and do a more serious take on him, like a serial killer and Batman has to be an detective/profiler to figure him out.  Too many villains - especially in comic book movies - play it as a crazy person laughing their heads off over the top.  In Batman Forever, both Two-Face and the Riddler were doing over-the-top laughing crazy people.  

Give us a dark, menacing truly evil character to fear and for Batman to be put to the test.

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Most of those are ridiculous, especially Jim Carey no thank you.

Leonardo DiCaprio could be interesting.  Problem is we've had 3 Jokers on film, 2 of them iconic.  So to keep doing that character is very hard to pull off.

I'd cast Leo or Paul Bettany as the Riddler and do a more serious take on him, like a serial killer and Batman has to be an detective/profiler to figure him out.  Too many villains - especially in comic book movies - play it as a crazy person laughing their heads off over the top.  In Batman Forever, both Two-Face and the Riddler were doing over-the-top laughing crazy people.  

Give us a dark, menacing truly evil character to fear and for Batman to be put to the test.

That would be Hush. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bill said:

That would be Hush. 

I'm not familiar, I didn't get that deep into the Batman comics and different villains.  But doing a villain not done on screen before would be a good idea.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I'm not familiar, I didn't get that deep into the Batman comics and different villains.  But doing a villain not done on screen before would be a good idea.

i'm also not big on comic books but i've heard this guy mentioned a couple times as a big time psychotic foe. a serial killer who marks himself whenever he kills someone, right ?

43 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

i'm also not big on comic books but i've heard this guy mentioned a couple times as a big time psychotic foe. a serial killer who marks himself whenever he kills someone, right ?

Sounds cool.  I like those kind of movies like Se7en, Silence of the Lambs, Zodiac, etc.  That style with Batman would be pretty cool.

32 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

i think youre thinking of victor zsasz. hes a hitman who uses knives and cuts himself for every kill. hush was bruce waynes childhood friend. he tried to kill his parents but thomas elliot saved his mother so he held a grudge against the waynes. he ended up teaming up with the riddler to try to kill batman. 

• Like 1