DCU Thread

BFit

22 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Adding a little character backstory...they already did Superman, WW and there have been several iterations of Batman.  They did Aquaman after Justice League.  So the only ones left who "need" more backstory are Flash and Cyborg.  Flash is going to get his own solo movie, and he's got a TV series.  Cyborg was a football player who was injured or whatever and Miles Dyson from T2 never learned his lesson and played around with human cyborgs again.  What more do we need to know that would add to this movie and make it better?  I doubt deleted scenes will make that mess of a movie better.  

Snyder likes his artistically crafted scenes that look neat even if they make no sense or aren't put in the right spot in the movie.  But Justice League just looked bad with all the colors and CGI.  It was borderline Joel Schumacher Batman with the colors and lighting.

You look at Wonder Woman and even Man of Steel and a lot of the best action sequences were in daylight without having to filter the screen to orange or red or blue or whatever.  Clear shots that highlight the hero and her abilities.  Even nighttime and indoor scenes were clear images where the characters stand out from the background.  Aquaman went neon color crazy for the underwater scenes and it was too much, but even so it at least made some sense why there were was so much neon.  But the scenes on the submarine and on land were daylight, clear to see and again the characters stood out.

JL was a visual mess.  The villain was a forgettable CGI cardboard cutout.  The lines of dialogue were cringe and awful.  It took the strength of the series in Wonder Woman and demoted her.  Batman was a joke.  It was so, so poorly done.

So I'll sit through the 4 hour Snyder cut and see if it makes any difference but I don't have much confidence in it.

So you are saying it sounds pretty good? 

I'm not sure what hour I was in or even if I got through a full hour before I fell asleep... Now I have to go back to where I think I left off!

Backstory may have been the wrong word to use, just watch the sheety movie and then let me know what it was lmao

Spoiler

They should give Snyder a blank check to fix this franchise

I thought it was awesome but I'm biased. One nitpick was Darkseid getting his ass whooped in the beginning by everyone and then him seeming to forget it later on. It was awesome to see the gods and everyone battling Darkseid though. I can't remember what movie mentioned Zeus sacrificing himself to take out Darkseid's army before but that didn't happen in Snyder's Cut.

Also the audio seemed to not be configured well. I had to turn my surround sound up higher than usual(though that's more of a HBO Max complaint). Definitely hoping that's fixed on the re-watch

I'm cool with Superman manhandling Steppenwolf. There's some DC villains that are too much for the others but Superman can stomp them. It's happened a lot in the animated shows/movies

I'm kind of confused about WW though. In WW84 she seemed to be a lot more powerful than these current movies and even the Snyder Cut. She was also doing more with the lasso. She was able to fly in WW84 but not this one it seemed. She also killed people in this one. Kind of surprised by it. They'll need to make up their mind with her next movie

I can understand why Fisher was pissed about the movie. They took out so many of his scenes that really made the movie make more sense. I agree with whoever said this is a big origin story for Cyborg

The jokes were better in this one. Also very happy that they kept the injustice fight scene. That scene is awesome. Though they took out the "Do you bleed?" comment lol

I can't believe they cut so many knightmare scenes out. It really explained a lot. I'm curious what route they go with the pregnancy. Did she take one because she is pregnant(and so they'll have it that kryptonians and humans can reproduce) or did she take it because she thought she was but really those 2 can't have kids because different biology. They kept pounding the fact that Lois is extremely important to Superman staying good

I hope they let Snyder run the DCEU now. It was dark but also light IMO

So much better than the 2017 movie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

I thought it was awesome but I'm biased. One nitpick was Darkseid getting his ass whooped in the beginning by everyone and then him seeming to forget it later on. It was awesome to see the gods and everyone battling Darkseid though. I can't remember what movie mentioned Zeus sacrificing himself to take out Darkseid's army before but that didn't happen in Snyder's Cut.

Also the audio seemed to not be configured well. I had to turn my surround sound up higher than usual(though that's more of a HBO Max complaint). Definitely hoping that's fixed on the re-watch

I'm cool with Superman manhandling Steppenwolf. There's some DC villains that are too much for the others but Superman can stomp them. It's happened a lot in the animated shows/movies

I'm kind of confused about WW though. In WW84 she seemed to be a lot more powerful than these current movies and even the Snyder Cut. She was also doing more with the lasso. She was able to fly in WW84 but not this one it seemed. She also killed people in this one. Kind of surprised by it. They'll need to make up their mind with her next movie

I can understand why Fisher was pissed about the movie. They took out so many of his scenes that really made the movie make more sense. I agree with whoever said this is a big origin story for Cyborg

The jokes were better in this one. Also very happy that they kept the injustice fight scene. That scene is awesome. Though they took out the "Do you bleed?" comment lol

I can't believe they cut so many knightmare scenes out. It really explained a lot. I'm curious what route they go with the pregnancy. Did she take one because she is pregnant(and so they'll have it that kryptonians and humans can reproduce) or did she take it because she thought she was but really those 2 can't have kids because different biology. They kept pounding the fact that Lois is extremely important to Superman staying good

Snyder made the 2017 movie..... This is just all the stuff he cut out so it wouldn't be 4 hrs in the theater. Snyder is the reason this went to sheet with his batman vs superman and then this mess. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Snyder made the 2017 movie..... This is just all the stuff he cut out so it wouldn't be 4 hrs in the theater. Snyder is the reason this went to sheet with his batman vs superman and then this mess. 

That's not true though

The movie in 2017 was Joss Whedon's cut. He took out a bunch of scenes and simply changed scenes for his version

The 2017 movie was roughly 10% of Snyder's original movie. We knew about that awhile ago

It was better than I expected. Granted I expected dogcrap but still. Gave at least some backstory to the lesser characters and the main villain. Set up the future of the Universe. Visuals were better. Dialogue is still pretty bad and not actually introducing all these characters before the big mashup movie is still inexcusable. Also some really cringe worthy abuse of slowmotion and overly dramatic music. Worth a full re-release?  Meh. But still decidedly better. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

It was better than I expected. Granted I expected dogcrap but still. Gave at least some backstory to the lesser characters and the main villain. Set up the future of the Universe. Visuals were better. Dialogue is still pretty bad and not actually introducing all these characters before the big mashup movie is still inexcusable. Also some really cringe worthy abuse of slowmotion and overly dramatic music. Worth a full re-release?  Meh. But still decidedly better. 

I don't think anyone is going to want to sit in a theater for 4 hours.

• Thanks 1

Loved it.  Went in expecting garbage. How the hell did they let that abortion be released in 2017. Still don’t love the Steppenwolf representation but it was heads and shoulders above original. Probably could have still cut a half hour out of it, but otherwise how DC should have been made

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 6:10 PM, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

Regarding letting Snyder run the DCEU...he kinda does. He's producer on all the movies, and he directed Man of Steel, BvS and Justice League. 

• Thanks 1

Snyder thinks looooooong slow mo shots with moody music is epic. It's not, it's overkill. He way over uses it.

• Thanks 1

4:3 ratio is just dumb. What's the point when everyone has wide-screen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

4:3 ratio is just dumb. What's the point when everyone has wide-screen. 

"My intent was to have the movie, the entire film, play in a gigantic 4:3 aspect ratio on a giant IMAX screen. Superheroes tend to be, as figures, they tend to be less horizontal. Maybe Superman when he’s flying, but when he’s standing, he’s more of a vertical. Everything is composed and shot that way, and a lot of the restoration is sort of trying to put that back. Put these big squares back… it’s a completely different aesthetic. It’s just got a different quality and one that is unusual. No one’s doing that.”

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

"My intent was to have the movie, the entire film, play in a gigantic 4:3 aspect ratio on a giant IMAX screen. Superheroes tend to be, as figures, they tend to be less horizontal. Maybe Superman when he’s flying, but when he’s standing, he’s more of a vertical. Everything is composed and shot that way, and a lot of the restoration is sort of trying to put that back. Put these big squares back… it’s a completely different aesthetic. It’s just got a different quality and one that is unusual. No one’s doing that.”

Cool...this is being seen streaming at home on wide-screen tvs with old school black letterbox bars on the sides that don't make for a good viewing experience. 

• Like 1

Watched first 2 hours tonight. Boring, too long, poorly paced and edited, excruciating slow mo scenes, soundtrack all over the place and over use of songs. 

He's trying too hard to hit you in the face with: "LOOK at this, this is EPIC!." 

Example: Lois walking in the rain slo mo with special effects showing rain drops with a moody song...completely unnecessary.

The Amazon stuff and "the golden age of heroes" battle were ok, but tried to be Lord of the Rings. We fought this villain once, and when he comes again we'll need a new Fellowsh-- or League. 

Still don't care one bit about the characters, the stakes and Steppenwolf still sucks.

I’m unsure if I’d rather go through COVID or the synder cut again... I guess the Snyder cut is only 4 hours of misery instead of the 8 days ant counting I’m on with COVID... but it’s a pretty even split between which would be worse 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

:huh: 

Well consider yourself in the minority. Reviews have been great

I've read lots of social media reviews. DC/Snyder fanboys who wanted this to be epic and wanted to be right about the Snyder cut. I've seen others critical, or agreeing that it's better in the sense that the previous version was awful.

It rips off so many other movies I lost count, the first 2 hours aren't a complete enough story to make a part 1 if they were to split it. The 4 hour version might be ok for all he wanted to do, but you can see how there isn't a way to make it 2 movies at least what I saw so far.

A 3 hour movie might have made more sense, and condensed things.

Hopefully the last 2 hours improve. 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I've read lots of social media reviews. DC/Snyder fanboys who wanted this to be epic and wanted to be right about the Snyder cut. I've seen others critical, or agreeing that it's better in the sense that the previous version was awful.

It rips off so many other movies I lost count, the first 2 hours aren't a complete enough story to make a part 1 if they were to split it. The 4 hour version might be ok for all he wanted to do, but you can see how there isn't a way to make it 2 movies at least what I saw so far.

A 3 hour movie might have made more sense, and condensed things.

Hopefully the last 2 hours improve. 

It won't that's when I fell asleep lol. At least I think so don't remember it all seemed like one long nightmare to me. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

Regarding letting Snyder run the DCEU...he kinda does. He's producer on all the movies, and he directed Man of Steel, BvS and Justice League. 

Thank you, I'm not sure what people are saying, let Snyder run things. He already does and it blows. Even the actors don't want to be apart of it anymore because of Snyder. 

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It won't that's when I fell asleep lol. At least I think so don't remember it all seemed like one long nightmare to me. 

Then you're in for a long nightmare on draft weekend. :lol:

Lol I'm not surprised by the reactions in here. Can't please everyone

Rest of the world likes the movie and it doesn't really matter if a few of you don't like it 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

The entire DCEU is and was broken anyway. They need a reboot and need to stop acting like they need to catch up to the MCU. Most fans just want to see good movies. 

Also the guy that plays the Flash is awful.

44 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Then you're in for a long nightmare on draft weekend. :lol:

Oh boy that might be worse!

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol I'm not surprised by the reactions in here. Can't please everyone

Rest of the world likes the movie and it doesn't really matter if a few of you don't like it 🤷‍♂️

The rest of the world?? Lol. Maybe to DC fanboys. I googled zack snyder justice league reviews and it's mostly people saying it's still a mess , still sucks and it's still awful just longer. 

Fanboys? See that's where I know this conversation is already lost. You revert to that

Google 4.8/5

IMDB 8.5/10

96% RT

You don't like it. Ok. So why are you in here?